Suggestion: Civ III Lite for Consoles

dexters

Gods & Emperors
Supporter
I really enjoyed CivRev and the speed of the games, but the DS has a ton of very deep strategy games that doesn't just rely on 'casual' catch to gain an audience.

I'd like to see something more involved, perhaps a downgraded (lite) version of CivIII with some units removed, tech tree streamlined, but the mechanics, and AI largely the same to provide a full fledged Civ PC experience on the go.

For example, the diplomacy options in CivRev felt very light, and the pace of the game moved so quickly that most players still have archers defending their cities in the modern age simply because there's not enough turns between ancient and modern for tasks like upgrading units or losing units through war to even occur appropriately. Granted legacy units have always been a 'feature' of Civ games, the issue seems quite pronounced in CivRev, largely due to the compressed game length.

I picked Civ III off the cutff, but I suppose CivIV would be more appropriate as well. CivIII Lite might be more appropriate if they ever came out with a DS exclusive Civilization title.

Top Bottom