1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: CivRev 2 as a 3DS exclusive

Discussion in 'CivRev - General Discussions' started by mattigus, Jun 24, 2010.

1. mattigus

mattigus Warlord

I enjoyed CivRev on the 360 a lot, but playing it on the DS was amazing. Being able to play a game of Civ anywhere I go has made my DS necessary every time I travel. E3 just ended, and they announced a new Nintendo DS system, with better graphics, better internet connectivity, and a larger screen with 3d effects without glasses.

With Civ5 coming out this year to placate the hardcore audience, and CivNetwork coming out this summer for the casual players, I think Firaxis could really push the Civ platform by releasing a new CivRev for the 3DS at launch. Having Civ on the go was amazing, but imagine if they really focused on portable play instead of just a regular console port. Every feature used on the hardware could be used in some cool way, like city view on a 3D screen. How cool would that be?!

The 3DS is an impressive piece of hardware, and Civ seems perfect for a portable system, where you can just play a few turns and go about your day. CivRev on the DS was fine, but it could be so much better with a team dedicated to specifically making the game work as a handheld game, not just a console port.

2. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

True, that would be awesome! Civ Rev is all I use my DSi for now.