Suggestion: Culturally Linked Starts, Era-Specific Civs

LemonTea

Chieftain
Love this mod, and its various components.

Also love the work Jean Elcard has done with Culturally Linked Starts, where the relative positioning of Civs' starting points is based on their actual proximity in RL.
So, Greece starts near Rome and Egypt, for example.

Perhaps the CLS code could be merged and adapted to work with the LoR mod, specifically with the Barbarian Civ and RevolutionDCM components?

If BarbarianCiv spawns a minor Civ near China and India, for instance, make sure the new Civ is chosen from a shortlist of Mongolia/Persia/Korea/Khmer/Japan/Vietnam.
Similarly with Civs spawned from Revolutions.

An Era-Specific component could also be bolted on, so that Mongolia, for example, could only emerge in the Middle Ages or Renaissance.
CLS and Era restrictions would also apply when selecting and placing Civs at the start of a game.

I envisage CLS and ESC being provided as options, so that the player could choose both, one option, or neither.

I completely agree with both. However, Phungus won't add anything new to the mod. Your best bet would be to ask glider or jdog of Revolutions mod fame. I suggested the era-specific civs modcomp a few days ago, and glider said he'd probably add it into RevDCM (the base mod for this mod) once he got the chance (although it can't hurt to have multiple people requesting a feature).

Yeah, all no new components will be added. I already have enough I need to work no. Only balance tweaks at this point forward, at least for the official release.

Top Bottom