[Suggestion] External Worldbuilder for creation of terrain

raxo2222

Time Traveller
I don't know how hard external "worldbuilder" to create is, but can we have WorldBuillder lite, that allows you to create terrain and place features/resources on it? Basically world painter without any configuration.
Such map could have custom size, and size modifiers would be decoupled from custom size. (game progression is faster on smaller maps)

Such created map would need options/players configuration from somewhere to actually launch it in game, but you already would have terrain with features and resources, just create tiny map with wanted players/options somewhere and copy its configuration.

This tool wouldn't be for beginners, but for those who know how to modify saved map file (its uncompressed XML)

UMM ANY MODERATORS HERE? I forgot to put tile after suggestion.
Can you rename my thread to "[Suggestion] External WorldBuilder lite"?

Last edited:
Theoretically you can change the name of the thread yourself as you are its initiator.

The current version of Platy World Builder we use is not the latest and has some bugs. Unfortunately it is beyond anyone at the moment to fix it.

Theoretically you can change the name of the thread yourself as you are its initiator.

The current version of Platy World Builder we use is not the latest and has some bugs. Unfortunately it is beyond anyone at the moment to fix it.

Well I was thinking about external application not ingame editor, where you can create terrain with features and reources.
Basically it would need terrain/features/map resources names and textures from mod.
Output would be raw XML, that would look like this:

### Plot Info ###
BeginPlot
x=0,y=0
TerrainType=TERRAIN_DISTANT_PAST
PlotType=2
EndPlot
BeginPlot
x=0,y=1
TerrainType=TERRAIN_DISTANT_PAST
PlotType=2
EndPlot

BeginPlot
x=199,y=118
TerrainType=TERRAIN_DISTANT_FUTURE
PlotType=2
EndPlot
BeginPlot
x=199,y=119
TerrainType=TERRAIN_DISTANT_FUTURE
PlotType=2
EndPlot
Such file would need some treatment to make it usable but game, but heavy lifting of creating terrain would be done in external application.

These lines were copied from time lord map named Caveman2Endless

Is this thread really about a Bug or Crash?

Top Bottom