1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Extra Diplomacy Options

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Warlord

Although I do love the extra attention they are paying to Alliances in Rise & Fall, I definitely think that Diplomacy can be enhanced even further. In part by using the best elements of previous iterations of the game....or variants of them. Such as:

1) Tip Offs: I really loved this in Civ5. Getting juicy gossip about something a plot, via your spies, then delivering that info to a 3rd party Civilization that it impacted.

2) Pacts of Secrecy: These served no real purpose in Vanilla Civilization 5, because there was no way to really secretly undermine a Civilization at that point in the game's development (spies didn't come until later). However, this kind of pact would be a great way for 2 Civs to undermine a 3rd party using all the secret tactics that are already available, & which will most likely also become available in the expansions.

3) Bullying a City-State: I really loved doing this in Civ5, & I also loved pulling Civs up for doing this.....especially if I'd offered a City-State protection (another feature that needs to make a come-back).

4) Request/Demand removal of Envoys: A new feature I'd like to see, where you can request or demand that a Civilization remove any envoys they've placed in a City-State. Also, this should be a conversation option, where you can ask a Civilization not to place any envoys in a City-State for X-turns.

5) Pre-emptive requests: Presently, we can't ask a Civilization *not* to do something until *after* they've done that thing-like settling too close or converting a city. I'd like to have the ability to request these things *in advance*.

6) Converting to a Religion: This would require a return of State Religions, but I'd like to see this Civ4 ability return.....albeit slightly tweaked. Basically the Founder or current Follower of a religion could ask another Civ that had that religion present to convert to said religion. This would cause a small, initial boost to relations with the follower(s)/founder of that religion.....with further boosts for every additional City your convert to that religion and/or every religious specific building you construct.

7) More ways to gain influence over City-States-whether gaining whole envoys, or boosting progress towards envoys, things like offering protection, changing to certain governments, changing to certain religions & use of spies should all have an impact on your City-State Influence.

Aussie_Lurker.

Thibaulthc likes this.