Suggestion for Civ VII / Civ VI Expantion: Deterrence

Did you like the suggestion?

• Total voters

fadi232

Chieftain
Hi,

I've been playing Civilization for ages - since Civ II i think, and I have a suggestion for something that I've always wanted to see in Civ.

Deterrence Meter:
As in real world, most wars happen/ don't happen according to the deterrence power of the civ. the more deterrence power you have, the less likely to be attacked by other.
In the game - I think the AI deterrence calculation is very simple and not as advance as it should be in great game such Civ.
it only relies on very basic military score.

The Deterrence meter should take under consideration:
1) Military power: today I think it taken under consideration but it should also put into consideration Tech level of military + defensive buildings.
2) Nuclear power: Nuclear weapons availability + Anti Nukes availability (Mobile SAM in cities and key targets)
Military+Nuclear power should be available publicly only through Army parades (new project type in Cities) or previous usage of it.
3) Historical war score: Score (victories/loses) from past wars the civ had.
4) Allies / Defensive pacts: the more strong allies / defensive pacts you have, the more deterrence power you have.
5) Historically Defending others: powerful civs protect their allies and sovereign states, the more protective a civ about its city states / allies, the more its respected and it has deterrence power.
also - this meter affects the likelihood of your allies / city-states to be attacked, and it makes having an alliance / being sovereign to you more attractive.

All this parameters should be taken under consideration when AI wants to wage a war against your civ or its sovereign city-states / allies.
Also there should be a report available for you, to study the decision to wage war against other civs or city-states.

I really hope they take this suggestion into consideration and do it in Civ 7 or at least an expansion.

One question though, does this suggestion section reach the game makers - or is it only for fans?

I have no idea why nobody replied to this thread already but I do see a few votes. I tend to go for Domination victory but this idea is a great idea for an Expansion for Civ 6, if not It'll be perfect to add in Civ 7. +1 OP great suggestion.

maybe even add a spy mission to find out the military/nuclear power of an opponent

Top Bottom