1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

(Suggestion) integrate the ancient civilizations disappeared from civilization 6

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by EnperorZ, Feb 13, 2018 at 8:53 AM.

1. EnperorZ

EnperorZ Chieftain

And, if we reintegrate the missing civilizations that were in civilization1,2,4 ... in DLC or addon! Where did they go, the great Babylonian civilizations, Incas, Maya ... Who marked history so much and we loved to play the game previous civilization !? Imagine A DLC, or a patch that brings them all together! Babylon, Inca, Maya, Scandinavia, Mongolia, Zulu, Aztec, Carthaginians, Celts, Vikings, Sioux, Persians, Byzantium, Mali, Ottoman, Khmer, Korea, Ethiopia. And why not integrate the Gauls, since there are the Romans !. Eighteen civilizations, which could be added and combined on the same extension with the possibility of everything added to current civilizations, on a gigantic map that is 4 times the size of the immence maps of the current game. To have 40 or more civilizations on a large map, hours and hours of additional games, wonders, additional play styles and different according to civilizations! I drool too much! I want it! They kind I buy it right away this extention! And you friends, what do you think ?? I need to play Vikings, Ragnar L.

2. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

A few of these Civilizations are already in the game through the DLC or the latest expansion:
    Aztecs, Mongolia, Zulu, Persia, Khmer and Korea. Vikings/Scandinavia is already taken up by Norway. Scotland could be considered "Celtic" but that's debatable. I'm sure most of the others will come eventually though maybe not the Sioux, however we have the Cree and I would be fine if that was the only Plains tribe we get.

Zaarin likes this.
  3. Zatsukino

Zatsukino Chieftain

I don't want Carthage as a civ, but part of the Phoenician empire, maybe have 2 leaders, one for Tyre and the other for Carthage.

And I think you forgot the hittites !

I would include Numidia, Kingdom of Israel and Palmyra, they could be a great addition !

4. EnperorZ

EnperorZ Chieftain

So I do not agree, norway is norway is Viking if you want! But I'm talking about the Vikings of Ragnar Lothbrok King of Denmark and Sweden between 750 and 850 after JC. Harald the king was killed by Ragnar then in the Danish Jarl era and became king. What made Ragnar leave the other Earls was that he did not seek war or treasure. But the knowledge, as simple farmer was he before all that, is but was a rich and cultivable land for his people! So much so that he concluded a peace deal with a king of England on a plundering expedition to the west. For land and a piece of territory of this beautiful English rich land to settle its people ... That's why I want to play him as King Ragnar, not by his war power but not his intelligence. :)

5. EnperorZ

EnperorZ Chieftain

Yes why not! After that we can also put nazareth for Jesus, or would it be part of the Hebrew kingdom of Jerusalem, or Israel?:mischief:

6. Alexander's Hetaroi

Well you may be interested in jus the Viking scenario because I don't know how much more Viking themed this game of Civ will get because Norway already has the Viking longships, the coastal raiding, early crossing of the ocean, and the berserkers. As for Ragnar, there is debate on to whether he was real or not so as much as he is interesting, thanks History Channel, I would rather not him be a leader. If Denmark and Sweden do come into the game it won't be Viking related at all but focus on later eras. And the Civ definitely won't be called the Vikings, it would be too blobby and I wouldn't want them naming the Civ after say, a profession.

Zaarin likes this.
  7. EnperorZ

EnperorZ Chieftain

Yes, there is the scenario, but alas in part others we can not play vikings. I know for the story of Ragnar Lothbrok, precisely it is that which gives a different overview on the Vikings. Ragnar was able of men to fight, but they were powerful, to 30 men fell an army of 150 men. Even if it's fictional or not it's an interesting civilization to play, then always have the same on every game exit become a bit boring. We know that America is a great and powerful country. For me, the most interesting thing is to play a civilization that has disappeared, or forgotten, and to make it replace the United States.

8. awesome

awesome Chieftain

United States has become the most important country of the modern era. If there's no American civilization, you might as well not even have the game go into the modern era and just focus on an individual era of the past with each game.
    As for the Vikings, they weren't a civilization. I could see Scandinavia for the name, but it would require you to lump Scandinavia together, but they're obviously not doing that. Having Norway is better.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  9. EnperorZ

EnperorZ Chieftain

Yet at civilization 4 I seem to have had the Scandinavians, and their leader was just Ragnar Lothbrok! I loved to play this civilization at the time. If I would be able to copy paste civilization, from 4 to 6! Would be fine.

10. awesome

awesome Chieftain

Nah, 6 is a completely different game. I'm not saying that they can't have Ragnar in the game, I'm saying that the Vikings weren't a civilization, they were basically pirates. The word "Viking" pretty much just means "pirate."

11. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Vikings as a civ is like having Cowboys as a civ (replacing the United States).

awesome and EnperorZ like this.
  12. EnperorZ

EnperorZ Chieftain

In this case, the barbarians have been brought back with their camps to the vikings .... If that is what they are allowed to destroy or colonize our cities, it would be more realistic.! -_-

13. awesome

awesome Chieftain

I could see the same argument being made for half of the civilizations in the game, though. We also already have the privateer unit for a reason.

14. Alexander's Hetaroi

It already has elements of it though and is close to being a Wild West Civ, just not in name. ;)

15. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

"Hail, King Hiram II of Tyre! Sell your timber and skilled craftsman to your neighbors, because that is literally the only thing we know for certain that you did in history!" :mischief: Seriously, Phoenicia has no leaders of note; Carthage has many. Phoenicia was an assortment of city-states, which wouldn't be an issue except that Carthage had an empire. As much as I'd love to see a civ from Canaan, Phoenicia really doesn't have anything to recommend it over Carthage.