1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Penalize wonder stacking

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by ekolis, May 2, 2018.

1. ekolis

ekolis Chieftain

I always build all my wonders in the capital, since it tends to have the most production and wonders take a while to build. This seems like a bit of a cheesy strategy, so how about increasing the costs of wonders based on how many other wonders are in the city?

2. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

There's already a penalty based on the number of wonders one owns, adding yet another on top of that would make it overly punishing. In addition your idea could cripple tall, just like seeing that fly-catching opened mouth in your avatar cripples my soul.

vyyt and Erikose like this.
  3. wobuffet

wobuffet Barbarian

Similar penalty already exists. No compelling reason to have it City-level rather than Civ-level as it already exists.

4. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

5. hr_oskar

hr_oskar Deity

Also, just because something is a good strategy doesn't mean it's a cheesy strategy.

Sasogwa, vyyt and ElliotS like this.
  6. Noob Fanboy

Noob Fanboy Warlord

Big nerf to tradition, we're fine as we are.

7. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

Where is that penalty information at?

8. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

When you hover over the window, under its cost it will detail the extra cost for existing wonders

9. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Look at a wonder in a build queue/under wonder tab in a city if it's possible to be built, it will tell you everything. IIRC +25% Production if current era, +15% if you have one from previous, +10% if from two eras past, +0% for any three era wonder. That means Stonehenge doesn't increase your wonder costs in Renaissance, but Parthenon will by 10%, while Alhambra's going to provide +15% to a wonder's cost.

ryanmusante and Grabbl like this.
  10. Infixo

Infixo Deity

11. poundjd

poundjd Warlord Supporter

Why, building Wonders is part of the game, no one before now said anything about this. Is this different from the cost_progression that some Modes remove from GP? or is this on top of that?
    -jeff

12. documental

documental Chieftain

So... Nobody is interested in changing the balance between capturing capitals and non-capitals? Outside of that I personally never felt comfortable having to build the majority of wonders in my capital, even if it does make sense both gameplay wise and logisticly. Also wouldn't this be a somewhat justified nerf to tradition? Despite wide clearly having way more hammers, it is much easier for tradition to build them. And unless you play on smaller maps realistically this should be more of a nerf to wonders whores then it is to tradition, which very much still exist. Depending on how you look at it, I like it just for opening up more gameplay possibilities alone, or scenarios if you prefer.

13. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Not interested no. I don’t think anyone liked the arbitrary limits on wonders in civ 4.

G

Sasogwa, Erikose, wobuffet and 3 others like this.