[Suggestion] Revert Spy Level on Election Rigging

lunker

Warlord
I feel like spies leveling up from rigging makes spy gameplay less interesting. Before, in order to level up you had to put your spy on Spy/Thief, Counterspy, or Diplomat duty. Each of these options had a downside: Spy/Thief puts your spy's life at risk, Counteryspying would require you to anticipate enemy spies, and Diplomats don't offer any real benefit unless you specced for it. Election rigging on the other hand was a super safe option that also gave you mostly consistent and impactful returns, but the opportunity cost was that your spy would fall behind in levels. Now that election rigging levels you up, it's become my default spy activity and I rarely do anything else.

Before the change, I would have some spies leveling up as diplomats, and some spies rigging key locations. Admittedly I'm not much of a risk taker so I didn't use the other actions as much, but I feel like high-rolling actions should be rewarded. Having spies level with rigging sort of trivialises the leveling system altogether. Levels should be earned by taking risks or sacrificing time. Leveling up with such a safe and beneficial option removes any interesting choice between those spy actions.

I think I like levelling on spies, but it’s too fast right now. It should take 5+ rigs to gain 1 level

I've always found it odd that spies don't level up upon conducting a successful coup d'état, given the the usually high risk and stakes. I personally think coups, not rigging elections, should level spies up.

A bit of both?
3 or 4 rigging, or 1 coup to get to level 2
5 rigging or 1 coup to get to level 3
(I don't know how spy XP works but I assume it's non-linear)

Top Bottom