Suggestions about new nations

It would depend on scenarios - more nations - more new scenarious could appear :) If scenariow ould have for example five countries it won't slow down game much

About South American Countries / Commonwealth - i make it this way mostly for needs of the 1933 scenario :)

I thought this thing was on a European map. On even a huge world map many of these nations will end up with 1-2 cities.

If you have a world map, I suggest having all British commonwealth as one civ. That will open up space to separate, for example, Argentina+Chile from rest of SA, because they had better relations with Axis compared to the rest of SA.

Most of the scenario's are on a European map. We are planning to add at least 1 more scenario for sure, maybe up to 3 more.

And yes, some nations might be very small and should be (in my opinion) non-playable, but I think it is important that they are represented in the mod, because some of them did play a vital role in WW2. :)

Most of the scenario's will have about the same requirements (slightly higher) than normal warlords, but let it be known, do not even attempt to play the huge map without at least 2GB RAM and 2.8 Ghz processor.

Thx for suggestions for the gunship - yes we want to replace this unit - the lack of model for now, but they are on the list.

About abissynia - i thought about it but for now there's no scenario for it - so it's more than probable that they won't appear in next update.

In couple days i'll show almost closed (almost in case for not planned civilization) list of nations that'll appear in phase two.

Yup it might be fun :)
If someone would like to make it :rolleyes: i would make Abbisynia for mod

Yup it will have all units unique :) like oother mayor countries - own air units tanks etc

All nations that will appear in next version of mod.

ARGENTINA
AUSTRALIA
BELGIUM
BRAZIL
BULGARIA
CANADA
CHINA_COMMUNIST
CHINA_NATIONALIST
CZECHOSLOVAKIA
DENMARK
EGYPT
ESTONIA
FINLAND
FRANCE
FRANCE_VICHY
GREAT_BRITAIN
GREECE
HOLLAND
HUNGARY
INDIA
IRAQ
ITALY
JAPAN
LEAGUE_OF_NATIONS
LATVIA
LITHUANIA
MEXICO
NORWAY
PERSIA
POLAND
PORTUGAL
REICH
ROMANIA
SAUDI_ARABIA
SLOVAKIA
SOUTH_AFRICA
SOVIET_UNION
SPANISH_NATIONALIST
SPANISH_REPUBLIC
SWEDEN
THAILAND
TURKEY
UNITED_STATES_OF_AMERICA
YUGOSLAVIA

It gives 44 nations - more than Civ4 with all expansions has :).

USA, France, Australia and Germany would have 2 leaders instead 1.

:) Yeah - luckly most of moders puts poland to theire mods :)

I agree - some nations would appear only in certain scenarios - i don't see the point to put lithuania estonia and latvia into world scenario even on extra huge map - it would be also performance insane.

But making scenario focusing on certain parts of world - for sure new countries would be useful

Have you ever considered making WW2 1939 modular? so for example if your loading up one of the europe scenario's it would only load up the nations and graphics that are necessary. Not sure if that method would work easily but if it did, it would probably cut load times in half, and also lower the strain on memory very much.

Great work :)

Have you ever considered making WW2 1939 modular? so for example if your loading up one of the europe scenario's it would only load up the nations and graphics that are necessary. Not sure if that method would work easily but if it did, it would probably cut load times in half, and also lower the strain on memory very much.

Great work :)

Yup
BTS work like that :)
And thx for .xml-ing - it's much easier now to add just couple other o****ries :)

All nations that will appear in next version of mod.

ARGENTINA
AUSTRALIA
BELGIUM
BRAZIL
BULGARIA
CANADA
CHINA_COMMUNIST
CHINA_NATIONALIST
CZECHOSLOVAKIA
DENMARK
EGYPT
ESTONIA
FINLAND
FRANCE
FRANCE_VICHY
GREAT_BRITAIN
GREECE
HOLLAND
HUNGARY
INDIA
IRAQ
ITALY
JAPAN
LEAGUE_OF_NATIONS
LATVIA
LITHUANIA
MEXICO
NORWAY
PERSIA
POLAND
PORTUGAL
REICH
ROMANIA
SAUDI_ARABIA
SLOVAKIA
SOUTH_AFRICA
SOVIET_UNION
SPANISH_NATIONALIST
SPANISH_REPUBLIC
SWEDEN
THAILAND
TURKEY
UNITED_STATES_OF_AMERICA
YUGOSLAVIA

It gives 44 nations - more than Civ4 with all expansions has :).

USA, France, Australia and Germany would have 2 leaders instead 1.

Didn't Britain controll india in world war 2

Didn't Britain controll india in world war 2

Yup that's true - but i think it's good to make india - they already appear in scenarios - making them vassals in scenario is good idea.

Yup it could be released as vassal in scenarios :)
and i agree - it should depend on scenario size :)

I'm not sure if I'd like to add any "new" civs to the mix, but I would like to see a more active participation in the scenarios from the Free French Forces led by Charles de Gaulle.

The Free French Forces had the third highest amount of troops fighting in the European Theater, and also had some forces fighting the Vichy French in the Asian Theater.

Yet, for some reason, the Free French Forces haven't been emphasized as strongly as the Vichy French. I don't know why this is, but it would be nice touch of realism to see the Free French more involved.

Top Bottom