1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions about new units

Discussion in 'Civ4 - World War II 1939 Mod' started by asioasioasio, Mar 8, 2007.

1. asioasioasio

asioasioasio Fallout Scrubber

I'll add more info about units that found place in mod soon
    and I also want to hear opinions for new units (for existing nations and that nations wich'll appear in next patches).

So what units you would like to see?

2. arithegreat

arithegreat world ruler

Saab J 29 Tunnan Swedish jet fighter project did start 1945 and first flight was 1948.
    And for Finland Jägers (Jääkäri) that are elite troops. So they could be infantry 3 or 4.
    Japanese I-400 class submatine/carier
    do this mod have Zeros in it

3. makke

makke Chieftain

Yes Jäger should be added to Finland(if it's in in next version) also skitroops and tankhunters.

4. wotan321

wotan321 Chieftain

I'd like to see the Great Diplomat in the game.

5. asioasioasio

and what do you think about adding units that weren't used by this country?

I think it's better to change history not replay - so when finland gets Jet Fighters Technology (and it should be hard task) it's able to produce JetFighters units - in this case i would give them Messerchmitt Me-262 or Saab J 29 Tunnan. What do you think about it?

6. vidimce

vidimce Chieftain

Unique infantry units would be good, Red army for the Soviets, Italian blackshirt for Italy, etc.

7. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

If there's one thing I think every mod out there needs more of, it's unique warships. I'm working on fixing this, but it takes time. Especially with any Pacific scenario, you should have some of the more interesting ships, like the I-400 class Japanese submarine aircraft carriers.

8. makke

makke Chieftain

Agree. Germany should have example; Bismarck but it would cost A LOT. But Bismarck's strenght would be like 55 :goodjob:

9. arithegreat

arithegreat world ruler

Finlands first jet fighters was De Havilland D.H.100 Vampire and Folland Gnat fouga Magister and they are delivered in the 1950´s to replace the Messerschmitt Bf 109 that was in service to 1954. I like the Saab J-29 more then the Me-262. Here is a picture of a Finnish Bf-109 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Messerschmitt_Bf_109G-2.jpg

how about adding the B-24 Liberator that is the most produced bomber made

10. asioasioasio

Ok so finland would have de havilland vampire :)

There will be more see units (for britain / us / japan / germany / soviet union - rest would be using generic units) - not so much as tanks and airunits - the speed of game (especially ai turn) is getting worried me

11. arithegreat

arithegreat world ruler

What about adding Gliders to 1944 Scenario gliders was used in great numbers to take strategical stuff like bridges and stuff like that.
    CG-4A Waco USA
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CG-4_Hadrian
    And a big one
    Airspeed Horsa that can take a jeep or anti-tank gun or 25 troops
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airspeed_Horsa

maybe instead of airplane animation I think that helicopter would be better so it can land and take of from

12. Ace of Gold

Ace of Gold MAKE WAY FOR THE BAD GUY

in the next patch you should make it so that cars have an extra movement so it has more than 2 movement.

13. asioasioasio

i think they have nice movment (i'll slightly slow down other forces) - try it with "Recon" promotion :) i was able to spy with my jeep through enemy lands and return to base the same turn :)

about gliders i don't see much use now (the same goes for transport planes) - they need good changes in sdk so airdrop infantry would make airdrops :)

14. Hardner

Hardner Blitzkrieger

Everything I would add has already been mentioned, but here's a short summary:

civ-specific infantry (Asio said that will be implemented in a later update;-) ), PanzerIII (the only german and important tank that's missing) here's my thought:

Early Tanks:
    PanzerII (light)
    Panzer38t (medium)
    PanzerIII (heavy)

Mid-War Tanks:
    PanzerIV (light)
    PanzerV (medium)
    PanzerVI (heavy)

Late Tanks:
    PanzerVI (light)
    PanzerVII (medium)
    PanzerVIII (heyvy)

In these eras only these tanks should be buildable.

What about adding a cruiser class to the naval units?!
    And the Bismarck would be a very nice UU for Germany;)
    Seamines would also be nice!

Also an air transport, that can drop units on every land tile and not only in cities would be awesome!!! But this will surely need python and sdk. Hopefully somebody like Dale or TheLopez could help.

What could be the purpose of a great diplomat? Idea sounds nice!

15. arithegreat

arithegreat world ruler

I mean for later use after sdk my blitzkirg is not optimal if I can´t fly in stuff

16. asioasioasio

Germany already has much tanks i know there's lack of PanzerIII, but i don't see need to make it in next 1-2 patches

new classes are on the list: Dreadnought, Cruiser and Submarine carrier (i don't know how it was called)
    I want to put few UU also there :)

Yup sounds nice :) PeteT has a lot of work with code right now, but maybe he'll add this to :)

and about air transportunits i lack the airdrop infantry and fully working transport planes - the airdrops is what on target on PeteT - he helped us a lot with tough sdk python - i hope he would be able to make breakthrough in this matter (or Dale or Lopez)

17. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

I would like to see different classes of naval units. Try to be historically accurate. This would mean makin tons of unique units though. Probably not too difficult, but maybe too tedious.

18. arithegreat

arithegreat world ruler

19. arithegreat

arithegreat world ruler

20. makke

makke Chieftain

^^Yeah those look awesome! It would be cool to have the desert one on the mod. :p What a feeling moving desert infantry and desert skinned tigers on 1939map in Africa. : )