Suggestions and requests

Leoreth

Blue Period
You have an idea on how to improve the modmod or add an interesting new feature to it? Then this is the right place for you, since I plan to visit and re-read this thread much more thoroughly than the general discussion where good ideas are likely to get buried under the amount of replies.

The more detailed your suggestions are, the more likely it gets that I'll consider them. Images help to picture what you're talking about (for example for terrain changes), and when you've already considered the repercussions it may have on the rest of the game, it helps to calm down my worries in this regard ;)

Please not that just because I don't directly reply to a suggestion doesn't mean that I didn't read or consider it. Also, more complicated things might need some time to get done, especially when they concern other aspects of the game than those I'm currently working on.

Maybe you could change the Arabian UP to free :religion: temple and monastery. I'm using that small change since, well, forever ;)
This is more historically because afaik the Arabian/Muslim Conquerors built a lot of fortified monastery-like places in newly subdued areas. I think it's called 'rabat'. Gameplay-wise it's not a really big change. The :culture: in a city with temple grows at first faster than with the free mosque and +50% :culture: and you get +10% :science:. Later :culture: grow slows down and the +10% :science: is really needed in the newest SVN-revision, because China's new UP really makes them extra-strong, e.g. they discovered Optics ~1100AD :eek:

Sounds reasonable. Arabian city sizes are not too dependent on the Great Mosque happiness either ...

IMO State property civics should have a maximum trade routes of 2/city with "non-state property" states

and maybe mercantilism should be buffed somehow, so western europe can benefit from it mainly and not just russia

Here are my reiterations/expansions of your own ideas:
1: Make Khmer Hindu on spawn, and give them a Hindu missionary
2: Make Wat Preah Pisnulok a Hindu wonder
3: Keep SE Asia a very Buddhist friendly environment, and somewhat Hindu friendly (spread-wise; I'm almost entirely sure it's already like this)
4: Change the 30% Buddhism condition to: "Control Shwedagon Paya, Wat Preah Pisnulok and Borobudur by 1300"

Here's why:
1: Khmer was, historically, a religious mix between Hindu and Buddhism, but it was primarily Hindu, especially in leadership.
2: It was built as a Hindu temple, and should be built by Khmer. This will make it so.
3: SE Asia is mostly Buddhist, even if Khmer is Hindu. If Buddhism spreads through Khmer, converting will be both a viable and historical option.
4: I played three Khmer games with this new and improved UHV in mind, and realized that it's both possible and infuriatingly difficult. The only difficulty for anyone who has won as Khmer before is building Borobudur, which has a tendency to be built by Japan/China/Korea. It's hard to balance and achieve two of the three goals (population is easy), but I did do it the third try. A lot of it is luck. Indonesia, sadly, never came close to building Borobudur.

These changes will shape Khmer up rather nicely.

IMO State property civics should have a maximum trade routes of 2/city with "non-state property" states

and maybe mercantilism should be buffed somehow, so western europe can benefit from it mainly and not just russia
Yeah, I have some plans for another civic overhaul anyway (but only in 1.9). I intend Mercantilism to provide even more benefits for the Trading Company corporation because that's its historical background after all.

Here are my reiterations/expansions of your own ideas:
1: Make Khmer Hindu on spawn, and give them a Hindu missionary
2: Make Wat Preah Pisnulok a Hindu wonder
3: Keep SE Asia a very Buddhist friendly environment, and somewhat Hindu friendly (spread-wise; I'm almost entirely sure it's already like this)
4: Change the 30% Buddhism condition to: "Control Shwedagon Paya, Wat Preah Pisnulok and Borobudur by 1300"

Here's why:
1: Khmer was, historically, a religious mix between Hindu and Buddhism, but it was primarily Hindu, especially in leadership.
2: It was built as a Hindu temple, and should be built by Khmer. This will make it so.
3: SE Asia is mostly Buddhist, even if Khmer is Hindu. If Buddhism spreads through Khmer, converting will be both a viable and historical option.
4: I played three Khmer games with this new and improved UHV in mind, and realized that it's both possible and infuriatingly difficult. The only difficulty for anyone who has won as Khmer before is building Borobudur, which has a tendency to be built by Japan/China/Korea. It's hard to balance and achieve two of the three goals (population is easy), but I did do it the third try. A lot of it is luck. Indonesia, sadly, never came close to building Borobudur.

These changes will shape Khmer up rather nicely.
Sounds very good. I was thinking along these lines already, thanks for tying everything up this way. The Khmer will definitely get some love before the release but the India mess comes first.

I think it would be a good idea to add the Zimbabwe kingdom in southern Africa, maybe starting them out as the Kingdom of Mapungubwe around 1000-1100. Goals could be based on trade and something colonial if they were playable.

Spawn Dublin Catholic with a culture building, to stop it being flipped by England, and maybe a swordsman. It would also represent Celtic cultural achievments of the time, the early middle ages are considered a Golden age in Irish culture. Also, if civs with cities in Ireland/Scotland collapse, have them go Celtic instead of independent.

Give the players the option of of launching the east India companies, instead of it happening automatically after economics is researched. Also, not sure if this was intentional, but Dacca was automatically flipped to me in my last game as England

Spawn named historical pirates, maybe with one or two promotions

What do you think about giving them immediately after researching economics for the AI only, and require the player to build the Trading Company national wonder?

I also intend to make the conqueror events there a little less arbitrary, and include the ability to refuse flips (if they're actually intentional. Some are, others aren't).

Hello Leoreth,
First of all, thanks for your great mod, and congrats for your own forum!
Here is my suggestions: change the Spanish UP to the conquerors event. I know it's a big change, but I think it's more realistic to allow Spain to conquer the native american civs. Spain achieved this because of the Reconquista: they had lots of troops armed and ready for battle and their land is very poor.

Hi, I was just wondering if you were planning any alterations of Australia at the same time as Asia? Not sure if anyone agrees but I think the eastern part of the continent is a bit weak.

Great mod by the way!

Hi Leoreth,

I love this mod and I am completely stoked to see a new complete version that includes all of these new drastic changes! That being said...

I'd like to second the idea of an independent catholic Dublin... this would certainly be historically accurate. It would also provide England with a chance to get religion a bit earlier as they still start with no Catholic missionaries and sometimes end up Islamic as a result (Islamic Portugal I can handle, but England?)

Is it too soon to suggest a strategy thread? I know there have been a lot of changes lately, and will be more to come, but I still have a lot of trouble pulling off Greece's UHV. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Speaking of Greece, In my last Roman game, it seems they had founded Confucianism!

add canada to challenge usa

Perhaps make France's colour slightly lighter, since on a minimap, it can be hard to tell what places are French and what places are American, especially since France and America will likely have borders due to Mississippi and Canada.

This is a more cosmetic change, but when you hover over a civ or contact them, would it be possible to display who they have defensive pacts with aswell?

I think Brazil would be cool to have as a playable civ

how about resetting relationships parameters when leaders change?

I think Brazil would be cool to have as a playable civ

I suggested Brazil could be a Portugal respawn a while back, much like Rome and Italy, and Persia and Safavid Persia. Portugal isn't that important in the modern world, while Spain is, to a degree. Brazil, though, is a rising power in the 21st century, it'd be nice to portray that.

Top Bottom