Suggestions and requests

Did the kingdom ever do anything notable apart than exist in a place with very few civs though? Perhaps if it was a minor civ.
I would say this Objection stands.

Did the kingdom ever do anything notable apart than exist in a place with very few civs though? Perhaps if it was a minor civ.

Probably not compared to the other major civs, but I think they're the best representatives for a southern African civ, better than the Zulu anyway. They were the most complex civ in the area, Great Zimbabwe could be considered a wonder and they had trade links with the Arabs and as far as China.

The Congo could work.

Leader: Chibinda Ilunga, or Nzinga Nkuwa if you want a more realistic leader. Changes to Mobuto or Kabila at respawn(ideally 1950-1970)
UU: Fidalgo(from CivGold) or Adze Warrior(from my Luba Civilization, Axeman with 2 first strikes)
UB: Mbudye Council(From my Luba Civilization, Library with +1 :c5food:)
Spawn Time: 1300AD(Early, but it's to give them a fighting chance)
UP: Palace gives strategic resources(I need a name for this)(not the end-game ones), alternatively, let them clear jungles pre-biology.
UHV1: Possess six cities by 1500AD.
UHV2: Build four Mbudye Councils by 1600.
UHV3: Lose no cities to European nations by 1900.
Core: All of present day Congo and everything that falls within the Kingdom of Kongo.
Stable Area: Core, plus South Africa, Madagascar, and the Seychelles.
Other things: The Netherlands could get a conquerors event at 1870 to represent the Congo Free State. I know, Dutch=/=Belgian, but it's the closest we've got.
Names:
Kongo Peoples(no cities)
Kingdom of Kongo(6>X cities)
Kongo Empire(X>6 Cities)
Democratic Republic of the Congo(Democratic)
People's Republic of the Congo(Communist)
Republic of Zaire(Totalitarian)(The name when Mobutu was in charge)
Caliphate of Kongo or Islamic Kingdom of Kongo(Islamic)
Islamic Republic of the Congo(Islamic Democracy)
Satrapy of Kongo(Persian vassal)
Province of Congo(Roman vassal)
Sultanate of Kongo(Arabian vassal)
Spanish Congo
French Equatorial Africa
British Congo
German Congo
Soviet Republic of Congo(Russian Vassal)
Khanate of Congo(Mongol Vassal)
Eyalet of Kongo(Turkish Vassal)
Tributary Kongo State(East Asian Vassal)
Protectorate of Kongo

Yes, the Congo didn't do much, but really, neither did the Aztecs, and I believe it's much better than leaving Central Africa dry.

Does the palace give ALL of the strategic resuources? I would exclude oil, uranium and aluminium, otherwise it seems pretty neat.

The main problem about having Congo exist is that almost every tile in central Africa is marsh or jungle.:wallbash:Also if the jungle tiles were to change to forest, etc. it wouldn't make sense anymore.:wallbash::wallbash:I think their UU or UP would have to allow for the settlement of jungle tiles.

I added a new UP idea, and I've thought about having the Congo get some retouching, like China and India.

If someone is there then there is a point to fixing up the Congo

I am still firmly against a playable Congo,a minor civ would work much better.
I am still against a playable Zimbabwe but if I had to choose between the two I would definitely choose that one due to the trade thing.

Maybe the best idea would be to abandon an independant, playable Congo. Just adding it to France/Dutch maps or a minor civ like hoplitejoe said might be a better idea.

P.S: I have no coding experience/knowledge but is it possible to "teach" AI's how to chop jungle and settle a city on a tile outside their borders? Maybe if this could happen then adding Central Africa to France/Netherlands would allow the opening up of the region without adding yet another civ.

The AI, as the human, cannot chop jungle before biology. And from this point onwards, it knows that it can settle a city on jungle.

A possibility would be to allow to settle on jungle while keeping the chopping requirement to biology.

We could script back the Great Zimbabwe independent city back...
Reasons why I thought of Kongo, is :
1) They last longer than Zimbabwe
2) They are more important in African history than Zulu or any else...
3) They give troubles to Dutch, Belgian, and Portuguese in attempt to colonize...
4) They are not an empire that collapse once colonialization began..

Africa weren't that empty but animals and few Impis before European come there...
Even though compared to European, they are far behind in Techs, they do built many cities and cultures.. the African culture.. African rhythm.. African dance.. that impress us now :)

Like the Mesoamerican or Peru or Nubian or Western Africa or etc, Southern Africa deserve someone natives to defend their homeland..

Else, Kongo could meet the Malinese and Ethiopian and team up goodly to defend Africa from incoming (perhaps conqueror event) European that is greedy for their natural resources and slaves :D

Also... I think Sana'a should flip to Arab, because Arab tend to raze it in a few turns...
And how about indie Muscat?

To me the single most annoying thing at the moment is how extremely long turn times you get at the later years, so for me the last thing we need are even more civs, especially civs that mostly exist to take up space, and to get conquered later on. What would a playable Congo add to the game? Please, no.

Also... I think Sana'a should flip to Arab, because Arab tend to raze it in a few turns...
And how about indie Muscat?

It does flip already, it sometimes just gets razed by barbs before the Arab spawn. It should perhaps spawn at the same time as the Arabs, to avoid that :) Wouldn't it be weird to have Indie Muscat not belonging to the Arabs?

For some reason automated workers never removes jungle on a tile that has a mine on it, I guess it's because the workers perceive the tile as already having an improvement, and thus they cant do anything, if you've turned on the checkbox that they're supposed to leave existing improvements alone. Is it possible to change that? Not a priority at all, but .. yeah :D

Also, should the dye on western New Guinea maybe be made a forest-tile instead of jungle, so the AI is able to settle it? It's an okay spot for a city, and the AI rarely understands how to settle a city on jungle-squares.

Another not so important thing, but since spices are called spices (etc.), why aren't bananas called, I don't know, "tropical fruit" or something? I guess that's what they are supposed to represent, and not just bananas?
(Oh and please Leoreth, let's have some spices on Sri Lanka!)

You'd have to ask Firaxis there ;)

Top Bottom