Suggestions and requests

To me the single most annoying thing at the moment is how extremely long turn times you get at the later years, so for me the last thing we need are even more civs, especially civs that mostly exist to take up space, and to get conquered later on. What would a playable Congo add to the game? Please, no.

Well.. what would a playable Maya, Aztec, Ethiopia, Carthage etc add to the game?
Okay. How about Mughal or Seljuk-like Congo then? At least my point is there should be cities and some kind of culture there before the European come and "rebuilt" the civilization as it is now...

It does flip already, it sometimes just gets razed by barbs before the Arab spawn. It should perhaps spawn at the same time as the Arabs, to avoid that :) Wouldn't it be weird to have Indie Muscat not belonging to the Arabs?

No..
Because not all Islamic cities is automatically Arabs..

And. In my Arabian game.. Sana'a never flip to Arab.. I have to conquer it to (automatically razed) it..

No..
Because not all Islamic cities is automatically Arabs..

And. In my Arabian game.. Sana'a never flip to Arab.. I have to conquer it to (automatically razed) it..

Yes thank you, I'm quite aware of that - but Muscat IS and should be Arab, no? :confused:

Dont know about Sanaa, it used to flip the arabs though. Sounds like a bug, if it doesn't anymore.

IDK.. but I don't think so either.. because IIRC Muscat is governed by some kind of independent empire.. until Portuguese come and conquer it at 1500s or 1600s..

Reason why I want Muscat in isn't for Arab.. but for Portuguese ;)

Masqat was part of the Caliphate. And the Portuguese sometimes conquer/found it during their conqueror events.

for a while ;)
IIRC it was controlled by Azd dynasty then shortly taken by the Caliphate and become independent again later...

Btw. A random suggestion and request proposal...

Cities with difference of :) and :mad: exceed -3 have 50% chance to declare independence

Cities with difference of :health: and :yuck: exceed -3 have 25% chance to caught local plague and -1 citizen..

After researching paper, cutting woods +15% :hammers:

A Nanzhao LH borrowed from RFCA for Khmer if Thai is alive

A second chance for Angkor rather than destructed consequently with Thai spawn? Perhaps some kind of Thai Land troops (since they can't pass to other cities due to jungles anyway) to take it down... and if there's no longer a city built there, spawn Ayutthaya and flip to Thai..?

Indie Ghazna?

Lavapuri as the city name for Lahore preceding the arrival of Mughal

Cities with difference of :) and :mad: exceed -3 have 50% chance to declare independence

Cities with difference of :health: and :yuck: exceed -3 have 25% chance to caught local plague and -1 citizen..
These suggestions would probably drive the game in to "impossible to play easily or while having fun" territory.

The rest is pretty good, but I assume Paper's chop bonus is because paper is made from wood pulp? Wouldn't that DECREASE production since less wood as a whole is being put towards construction?

I have a suggestion about the conquer event

DoC v1.73,epic,emperor,I use Aztec,but the Spanish get here at 1365AD!And it's not the first time.I have seen European get American in 1350—1450 for about 5 or 6 times at the speed of epic.I think it isn't balance.I hope there are some methods to solve this problem

These suggestions would probably drive the game in to "impossible to play easily or while having fun" territory.

Well. hadn't thought about the fun gamer..

Cities with difference of :) and :mad: exceed -5 have 10% chance to revolt;
AI have 50% to revolt..

Cities with difference of :health: and :yuck: exceed -5 have 5% chance to caught local plague and -1 citizen..

How about that?
Or perhaps I better withdraw this suggestion then.. on a second thought ;)

The rest is pretty good, but I assume Paper's chop bonus is because paper is made from wood pulp? Wouldn't that DECREASE production since less wood as a whole is being put towards construction?

No permanent :hammer: increase, I meant ;)
The :hammer: gained when you chop a forest down...

@Dumanios
IIRC, Pol Pot is already included when Khmer become Communist...

The timetables in Epic and especially Marathon are a little distorted. That happens in vanilla BtS as well. It should be roughly the same turn (times 1.5 or 3, of course), only the year shows different because the timetable lags behind.

The timetables in Epic and especially Marathon are a little distorted. That happens in vanilla BtS as well. It should be roughly the same turn (times 1.5 or 3, of course), only the year shows different because the timetable lags behind.

thanks,Leo.
But are there any ways to avoid this situation?I think in epic/marathon,AI's research will also slow down,but why the they can discover optics so quickly?

As I said, they're not really faster, they should be doing it in the same turn, approximately. It's just that the year associated with that turn is different.

As I said, they're not really faster, they should be doing it in the same turn, approximately. It's just that the year associated with that turn is different.

thxs,i think i have understand it

Have you updated to the latest revision (there were Alfred graphics missing).

Is there a way for the "western world" to have some incentive to get rid of unfavorable governments? (facist/communist/theocratic states) In the real world this has caused many conflicts/wars over the years (Korea, vietnam, egypt, libya, etc.) I think oppressive regimes should be viewed negatively by all democratic nations with maybe a UN resolution for regime change.

Also is there a way to create a more dynamic weather system? Personally I think that having regularish weather patterns in certain areas would add an important aspect of realism to DoC. Facing the constant threat of hurricanes in the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico, tornadoes in the midwest, and draughts in africa would constantly keep you on your toes IMO.

Is there a way for the "western world" to have some incentive to get rid of unfavorable governments? (facist/communist/theocratic states) In the real world this has caused many conflicts/wars over the years (Korea, vietnam, egypt, libya, etc.) I think oppressive regimes should be viewed negatively by all democratic nations with maybe a UN resolution for regime change.
Your suggestion is biased by your own political view. The "negative view" is just propaganda. I assure you that the "democratic nations" are just as "negatively viewed" by the "oppressive regimes" and the people under the sway of the "oppressive regimes"'s propaganda. Moreover, civics already affect political relations in Civ IV based on the Favorite Civic mechanism.

But you have a valid point in terms of gameplay. There is absolutely no penalty for defying the resolutions of the Apostolic Palace/UN, so that they become completely irrelevant unless one of the following is true:

(1) You want to relocate the Catholic Holy City to your civ and build the Catholic Shrine (for money);

(2) You are America going for UHV;

(3) You are going for Diplo Victory (loads of vassals, high pop, not enough land for Domination).

AP/UN need:

(A) Diplo penalty for defying resolutions that would have passed;

(B) Relation bonus for all civs towards the civ currently in office;

(C) More useful resolutions (other than "open borders with all civs").

Of the above (C) may be a bit hard to implement.

making certain resources priced higher or lower...

making a tile an international tile that everyone can cross to..

deciding a language as an international language (i.e. English, so all English city +1 culture and 50% of the cities that haven't been infected by English culture yet gain 1% English), max 3 language..

offering opportunity to govern or sending troops a barbarian/independent cities somewhere.. with advantages and disadvantages, ofc :)

etc..
whaddaya think?

Top Bottom