Suggestions and requests

A new civics suggestion...

Tourism
Real country using something like this : Thailand, S. Korea

Lower production rate but higher culture and more happiness...
Each wonders add +money per cities depended on the era..
Ancient era wonder off course generate more money than the newest one ;)
Chance for foreign culture to enter the city too :)
And perhaps a additional maintenance cost in cities with wonders?

Tourism would come so late though, in England even holidays where you stay in the country only became popular in the 20th century and foreign travel was only made affordable in the 1980's.

It doesn't have to be affordable ;)
We can walk through land too not only plane..
And you doesn't have to visit it either..
It could be via propaganda etc...

If you are one turn away from annihilating a Civ, and I mean seriously a turn away from crushing their last archer with your cannon on their only city or whatever, then the AI should automatically accept vassalisation. Or atleast attacking said Civ's City, defeating them then liberating said City should spawn them as a new vassal, with a couple of :mad: :mad: :mad: ofcourse.

Also, vassal's that are massively inferior to their master's should rarely dishonor their master's wishes.

Come to think of it, wouldn't it be cool if we could place punishments on our vassals? For instance, if my Vassal refuses to give me a tech or gold, I would get the option to punish my vassal. Simple options such as "parade our flag down streets", "burn down building", "publicly humiliate official" or even "publicly kill official" that would all lament an increasing amount of :mad: in their cities and their attitude towards you, but make them all the more likely to listen to your demands in the future/rebel.

years of 1945 indonesia granted independent from japs/dutch , just make it into minor civ
come on guys im from indonesia im proud if you add it in your mods :)

I apologize if someone else already asked this, but perhaps if you capture a city of a civ. who is more advanced then you, you could capture a tech. Much like the Crusaders did.

I apologize if someone else already asked this, but perhaps if you capture a city of a civ. who is more advanced then you, you could capture a tech. Much like the Crusaders did.
That would make wiping out newly starting civs e.g. America, Rome, Japan, Portugal, Netherlands a top priority for everyone. :lol:

Too powerful. Maybe if you tie the power to a wonder that quickly becomes obsolete to prevent abuse.

King Richard's Crusade, maybe?

That would be useful for the Mongols. Just imagine capturing gunpowder from China or Arabia.

Does anybody know (Leoreth knows of course) how to change player leaderheads (other than replacing one leader completely with another)?

I'd like to be Lincoln rather than Roosevelt, Suleiman rather than Mehmed, Catherine rather than Stalin, Napoleon rather than Louis, Elizabeth rather than Victoria, etc. Just a personal preference.

Edit: nvm. I'll just edit Roosevelt to look like Lincoln and be named Lincoln.

years of 1945 indonesia granted independent from japs/dutch , just make it into minor civ
come on guys im from indonesia im proud if you add it in your mods :)

Heiii :D
Jakarta?
Gue jga dari Indo wkwkkw...
Akhirnya ada juga org Indo lgi yg join ni forum and mampir ke RFC :D
Baru gue pikir mo promosiin ni RFC DoC di kaskus biar rame wkwkkw..

Oh iya, Indonesia uda masuk tuh di DoC..
17 Agustus kemaren.. hadiah kemerdekaan dari Leoreth kayanya :p

Translation (Don't use Google Translate.. will suck :p)
Spoiler :

Haiii :D
From Jakarta?
I'm from Indonesia too hahaha...
Finally there's another Indonesian who join this forum and visit to RFC sub-forum :D
I just thought recently to promote this modmod into KasKus (a local forum) so there'll be more coming hahahaha...

Oh, and Indonesia is already on DoC..
Last August 17.. An Independence gift from Leoreth, I suppose :p

Does anybody know (Leoreth knows of course) how to change player leaderheads (other than replacing one leader completely with another)?

I'd like to be Lincoln rather than Roosevelt, Suleiman rather than Mehmed, Catherine rather than Stalin, Napoleon rather than Louis, Elizabeth rather than Victoria, etc. Just a personal preference.

iirc,
If the LH you wish for is already in the mod, you can just set the preferences on the Const.py (cmiirw) or somewhere...

But if it isn't, you have to add it manually ;)

Actually, I'm quite inclined for once to support BenZL43's suggestion of something tourism related (no offense).
Even in ancient/medieval times, there was many very good examples of "tourism".
The Hajj is the most obvious that comes to mind for Islamic states.
But even in Dark Ages Europe, a circuit of churches running between France, Iberia & Italy promoted quite a bit of "tourism" because each individual church along the way would purport that they had some sort of "holy artifact" like the heads of saints encrusted in gold or clothing once worn by Jesus and things like that. Obviously, a lot of it was bull, but it did start a tourism industry of sorts between early European Christian states.

iirc,
If the LH you wish for is already in the mod, you can just set the preferences on the Const.py (cmiirw) or somewhere...
I've tweaked Const.py everywhere I could, including every instance of "lincoln" that occurred in the file. No cigar.

Actually, I'm quite inclined for once to support BenZL43's suggestion of something tourism related (no offense).
Even in ancient/medieval times, there was many very good examples of "tourism".
The Hajj is the most obvious that comes to mind for Islamic states.
But even in Dark Ages Europe, a circuit of churches running between France, Iberia & Italy promoted quite a bit of "tourism" because each individual church along the way would purport that they had some sort of "holy artifact" like the heads of saints encrusted in gold or clothing once worn by Jesus and things like that. Obviously, a lot of it was bull, but it did start a tourism industry of sorts between early European Christian states.
I've tried:

Catholic Cathedrals add "Relic", a Happiness resource (from RFCE), as well as +4 Gold (to represent the 4 Temples that it controls).

Buddhist Stupas add 1 Trade Route and +50% Trade Route yield.

Confucian Academy adds +20% Research.

Other religion cathedrals have no extra effect.

It was fun, but it made little difference since AIs (with a few exceptions such as France) are not overly fond of building Cathedrals.

But still, I think different religion buildings should have different effects, apart from religion specific Wonders (which is already a great attraction of DoC).

You need to change the scenario files (change LEADER_ROOSEVELT to LEADER_LINCOLN) and then make the according Python changes in Consts.py.

Heiii :D
Jakarta?
Gue jga dari Indo wkwkkw...
Akhirnya ada juga org Indo lgi yg join ni forum and mampir ke RFC :D
Baru gue pikir mo promosiin ni RFC DoC di kaskus biar rame wkwkkw..

Oh iya, Indonesia uda masuk tuh di DoC..
17 Agustus kemaren.. hadiah kemerdekaan dari Leoreth kayanya :p

Translation (Don't use Google Translate.. will suck :p)
Spoiler :

Haiii :D
From Jakarta?
I'm from Indonesia too hahaha...
Finally there's another Indonesian who join this forum and visit to RFC sub-forum :D
I just thought recently to promote this modmod into KasKus (a local forum) so there'll be more coming hahahaha...

Oh, and Indonesia is already on DoC..
Last August 17.. An Independence gift from Leoreth, I suppose :p

hahaha iyee , selow lu ga sendirian kok dari indonesia yang main mods ini wakakaka

Good news! Indonesia is already in the SVN version.

nice

@Leonerth
# Islam spreads to Indonesia in the 16th century

i think must be added independent nation for every island from sumatera , java , borneo , celebes but it was separated in 1430 A.D after Majapahit Empire Fall and Islam entered .

so that europeans countries can colonize indonesia easily
next ( i dont see your v1.8 history.txt for indonesia in 1945 A.D so here is )
some minor factions called Indonesia where independent their culture spread in java , borneo , sumatera , celebes , bali , and all indonesia except papua
papua annexed in 1969 then join to indonesia minor factions

Add the Khwarezmid Empire as civ or the Kara-Khitan Khanate,
can later respawn as the Dzungar Khanate.

Top Bottom