1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 20, 2011.

1. ales_

ales_ Heir

IMO, Ethiopia, Persia & Maya should start with their goals failed, India should have new goals or start with goals failed, Tamils can be playable.

2. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

Well, Persia isn't really around long enough to be included in the 600 AD scenario, I think. They were destroyed a few turns after the start of the scenario, after all. I agree that the others should be included, though.

3. mrrandomplayer

mrrandomplayer Potentially back

Trying to fend off Arabia as Persia would be fun, though.

4. Swarbs

Swarbs Chieftain

Persia would have to start with goals failed, or they would win on the first turn. And as has been pointed out, they would lose their capital (Ctesiphon) to the Arab flip in 630, so would be very difficult to play. They would also need a scripted collapse, else they would interfere with the Iranian spawn. Ethiopia would also start with goals failed, as they wouldn't have three incense on turn 1.

Maya could start with Calendar, thus completing the 1st UHV, but this would probably make their UHVs very easy to get, as the race to Calendar is the main challenge for the Maya imo.

India would start with the 1st UHV won, as the shrines are built at the start, but the 2nd UHV would probably be close to impossible in the few turns available. If they start with the territories of the Gupta Empire, which would be ahistorical in 600AD, they would still only have six or seven cities, with two temples in each, so would be at least six short of their goal.

Similar for the Tamils, they would start with only three or four cities in south India, so getting the gold and culture UHV would be very difficult unless they started with a lot of gold and could get a Great Artist in time. Tho' if they did start in a situation where the 1st UHV was winnable then the other two would also be feasible.

I believe Leo won't change the goals for civs in different time periods, so suggesting new goals for India is a non starter.

5. The Diocletian

The Diocletian Fire Fly

Persia, in my limited experience, is a lot of fending off people.

The way I play Persia, it's capture Babylon and Sur, then OMG WHIP ARCHERS OMG GREEKS, then OMG WHIP ARCHERS OMG ROMANS and by the time that's done, it's 500 AD and OMG WHIP IMMORTALS OMG ARABS , then 400 years and OMG WHIP PIKES OMG SELJUKS then 200 years and OMG WHIP LONGBOWS OMG TURKS, and just like in real life is doomed to fail.

Add into that trying to conquer India, the Levant, Egypt etc, Persia has it's hands full already.

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Ethiopia and India with their goals failed, Tamils at 1/3, no Persia is the plan.

7. NerfCothons

NerfCothons Chieftain

8. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Darmok and Arindra before the walls of Karantak?

9. iOnlySignIn

iOnlySignIn Prince$s

India needs new UHVs that are doable on 600AD.

Persia needs some serious buffs to be not pathetic.

:gripe:

I have complete plans for both. Let me know if you're interested to hear them.

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

The clasping of hands after the battle of Yarash. Aghan in the winds of winter, then the song of Zarim in the night.

11. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Pacific Phytopathologist

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra; when the walls fell.

12. The Diocletian

The Diocletian Fire Fly

Do tell.

13. iOnlySignIn

iOnlySignIn Prince$s

14. The Diocletian

The Diocletian Fire Fly

I wait with baited breath.

15. SheaferDaDawg

SheaferDaDawg Intelligent Canine

What in the world is going on here?

16. Lennon789

Lennon789 Chieftain

These lines of dialogue are from a Star Trek episode where the crew encounters an alien civilization who speak completely in idioms (or something like that), meaning that their language was impossible to understand without the necessary cultural context, even with a universal translator.

17. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

18. SheaferDaDawg

SheaferDaDawg Intelligent Canine

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

19. iOnlySignIn

iOnlySignIn Prince$s

When you switch civics to free Slaves, settled Slaves should become an extra population point like in the Immigration Event, possibly bringing a bit of Native culture.

This will make settling slaves, and Slaves in general, slightly more appealing.

It's also more realistic. Freed slaves don't evaporate into thin air.

20. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Sounds pretty historical for Persia.

And if you can retain said native culture until Mass Media, maybe you can build the "Hip Hop" World wonder, giving you 7 hit singles.

Also can DJ Kool Herc be added as a Great Artist for America. Or maybe someone more modern, like Nas or Kanye West.