1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Manco Capac

Manco Capac Friday,13 June,I Collapse

2. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

Right! Ivan the Terrible. Forgot about that.

3. therox

therox Hydralisk

Once, I was playing as the HRE and was at war with France , they only had Paris, Aix-la-Chapelle and Bordeaux , I took Aix, Paris and Bordeaux was with only 1 defender with very low health and their response to capitulation was ''We are doing fine on our own'', what happened ?

4. Manco Capac

Manco Capac Friday,13 June,I Collapse

As I said multiple times here and there in DoC forums: ''We are doing fine on our own!'' is the denial that comes when the AI is stronger than 2/3*AveragePower. It was an implemented system to make the AI resists a little against capitulation when they feel they got quite powerful military compared to the average.

How to get the exact value of the average? Simple. Look into the demographics and search for average power. It needs several tweaks. Just to say you can get an exact reference when he'll go lower than 2/3*AveragePower but it demands effort.

In practice, kill more and more units. Avoid cities or you're going to kill him in stability.
    And this is supposed to be in the thread I opened for tips and explanation of game mechanics. Not suggestion for DoC.

5. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

EDIT: I suggest heavy swordsman require iron. Currently they require copper OR iron, even though normal swordsmen need iron and don't use copper.
    I suggest crossbowmen take copper or iron.

Chinese crossbows used copper.

6. KeeperOT7Keys

KeeperOT7Keys did nothing wrong

I never see the persian ub in any game, guilds tech is far away from classic age I think we need a new ub; a courthouse available with monarchy , (at start) ''Satrap's manor?''
    additional idea, reduces maintanence -%25 instead of -%50, but free if conquered (only for new conquered cities) city has more than 5 population
    persia hasn't too crowded cities, and guilds is a medieval tech, so apothecary is the most useless ub of game imo

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Apothecary is a Market replacement and requires Currency.

8. KeeperOT7Keys

oops.I didn't notice that, may be I should research currency before conquering required lands :crazyeye: but still a courthouse replacement wouldn't be bad :p

9. The Diocletian

The Diocletian Fire Fly

The Apothecary still gives +2 :health: in addition to the Market effects, right? Or has it been edited?

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

No, the effects are still the same.

11. The Diocletian

The Diocletian Fire Fly

I'd really like it to be changed, then. The only places where Persia has health problems is Babylon and Egypt, not very helpful to them. I don't have an actual suggestion on what to change it to because I know precious little about Persia, but the Apothecary is not a building that helps them, nor does it have any synergy with their UP or UU.

Food for thought.

12. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

In Roma Surrectum II (Rome Total War mod), the Persian's UB was basically buildings for satrapies that increased happiness but cost a little more money.
    You could also tie in Zoroastrianism into their UB, as you are looking to redo religion.
    Their UB could convert foreign culture faster.

13. The Diocletian

The Diocletian Fire Fly

That's a good idea, but what if we combine that suggestion with the above one:

Satrap's Manor

Reqs: Monarchy

-40% Maintenance
    -Free on Conquest
    -Converts foreign culture faster

Yay, or nay? It has synergy with the UU and UP, which encourage conquest, and helps Persia with culture instability that will come with those conquests.

14. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

What is it replacing? It has to replace a building. They always have. I mean, they don't have to. But nobody has ever thought outside the box of that before.
    I think converting foreign culture is the most important aspect. And the most unique.

15. The Diocletian

The Diocletian Fire Fly

I meant for it to replace a courthouse.

16. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

My 2nd UB modcomp offers an Courthouse UB for Persia.
    Satrap Court, +2:)

:mischief:

17. KeeperOT7Keys

happiness not a problem too for human player, imo persia first civilization starts with monarchy and immortal cost is even cheaper than archer but if it is moved to the monarchy, that would be great

18. mrrandomplayer

mrrandomplayer Hopeless Situation Warrior

Seems fine to me.

19. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

Why was the Khmer ever changed to be Buddhist again? I always changed them to Hinduism since they were dominantly Hindu. Looking back at the first page, someone brought up the same point. They build a wonder that is Hindu, they're replaced by Buddhists.

20. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

They weren't.