1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Yes, but the first letter is D, not O, and G in late Roman Empire was often spelled as C.

2. billyleeback16

billyleeback16 Chieftain

Leoreth, since you're working on improving the existing user interface with BUG, I have another suggestion along those lines.

When listing a civ's UHV in the victory screen, can you please list the turn number for the victory check along with the year. This already exists for the very early civs like Babylon and Egypt that can complete their UHVs before discovering calendar, but it would be very useful for some of the later civs like the Byzantines, Tamils, French, Mali, and others where you have a goal that is get X gold or culture by year Y. This would make it much easier for the player to calculate how much gold or culture they need to generate per turn to have enough by the time the check hits.

3. Tomorrow's Dawn

Tomorrow's Dawn Heroes Never Die

After doing extensive research for the Mughal GPs,
    I realized they didn't have a late game LH (which would be represented by Pakistan)
    There is a Benazir Bhutto LH available (from SaibotLieh):
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=484488
    And it would be wonderful if she were to be included as a late-game Mughal leader.

Also, Akbar's AI should receive some tweaking.
    In game, he's always Cautious-Furious towards the player mostly because of religious differences,
    which is incredibly odd to me considering Akbar was the most secular and tolerant Mughal ruler.

Either:
    1) We keep Akbar's values as they are and just change his name to Aurangzeb.
    2) We make Akbar more tolerant.
    Is what I'm proposing.

4. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Lone Wolf just posted this in a recent thread, probably relevant.

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

But I think the Mughals had mostly poor relations with their Hindu neighbors?

I don't think internal tolerance and diplomatic relations based on state religion are the same thing.

6. Tomorrow's Dawn

While that's true, India is normally collapsed by the time of the Mughals.
    Akbar also allowed the Jesuits to proselytize and allowed them to speak freely.
    Also, poor relations were often attributed to political, strategic issues, like in the case of the contention over Qandahar with the Safavids,
    or simple acts of terrorism, such as Henry Every's defilement of the Ganj-i-Sawai,
    which led to deteriorating relations between the Mughals and Britain.

7. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Strange, Akbar belongs to the group of most religiously tolerant AI's in the game.

Meaning, he doesn't care about your religious differences at first contact, and the largest penalty he eventually gives you further is -1 (that -1 is the same for every LH). The Divisor thingy, which governs how fast a LH punishes you with that penalty, is also the same for every LH. So, -1 is the largest different religion penalty you can accumulate with Akbar. That first AttitudeChange number, as you can see, is the only thing that differentiates the AI's by tolerance, and it places Akbar in the rather diverse "tolerant" category, that also includes peaceniks like Asoka along with warmongers like Chinggis Khan.

Most AI's give a -1 at first different religion contact, and, eventually, a further -1 later. Some like Isabella give -2 at first (plus Isabella has a further -1 to everyone else regardless of religion, but in case of her co-religionists her positive perception of them outweighs it).

Akbar also trades techs at Annoyed and up.

And I don't think that he should be renamed Aurangzeb, Akbar is the definite Mughal poster child.

Or, in case of India itself, the Mughal conquest drive, motivated largely by Mughal aristocracy's need for land (Akbar's attempt to turn serving landholders into paid bureaucrats was famously unsuccessful).

8. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I could also see Babur, but Akbar is definitely the most prominent Mughal Sultan.

9. Tomorrow's Dawn

I find Akbar to be the most fitting, yes.

I think it might just not be religion then but I consistently still get terrible relations with him.

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

In my WoW times we called that face aggro :D

11. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

In my WoW times we climbed mountains. We were freaking dwarves. Now you can just fly there...

12. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

Speaking of leaderheads, Leoreth are you aware of Embryodead's change to reduce leaderhead sizes in order to increase performance? Srpt incorporated it into RFC Classical world recently.

Btw, I always found Akbar to be a great trading partner, unlike his predecessor.

13. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Oh, I've heard about it but then forgot. This is something to do right before release.

14. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

Why would smaller leaderheads make a difference? Other than when you talk to them?

15. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Size as in storage space. I don't exactly know what edead did to achieve this.

16. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

Maybe reduced it to 14 pixels

17. Rorgloin

Rorgloin Warlord

Your Imperial Majesty, has Your Magnificence resolved to build us walls to defend us from the Huns, and the Parthians, and the Bulgars, and the Rus, and the Seljuks, and the Western Crusaders led by an 80 year old blind man, and the Mongols, and the Ottoman Turks?

18. srpt

srpt Deist

here's what he told me:

19. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

Just another reason to slap some sense into Rhye and Firaxis

20. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

So what did you do? Compress the textures?