1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 20, 2011.

1. srpt

srpt Deist

he did it himself and delivered me the finished files. he even offered to PAK them for me. I was quite honored by the gesture.

2. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Oh okay, I thought he told you what to do and you applied it to your own LHs. I'll ask him then.

3. Bryce3

Bryce3 King of Wessex

I'd like to suggest a couple of civs that I thought would complete the game, if its not to much work:

Scotland
    Iceland
    Ireland
    Canada
    Venice

Certainly Venice, Canada and Ireland had/ have and important history

4. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

I don't think there's enough room for any of those civs except Canada... Canada has the problem that it would probably be a pretty boring game and not do much except take up turn time.

5. calad

calad Emperor

Like IRL!

6. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Deity

All three of those would be One City Challenge, and there's already Babylon for that. I can't think of a fun UHV for them as well, and there has never been an Icelandic civilization in history that had any impact on anything.

Maybe, if interesting UP, UB, UU and UHVs can be found for them.

Venice is already represented by Italy, which spawns in the middle ages precisely to represent the great city states of northern Italy in the middle ages and renaissance. So Genoa, Milan, Florence, Venice, Sienna etc are part of the Italian civ. IMO they made a mistake in CiV when they made them a unique civilization, as Venice shares most of its culture and tradition (not to mention language) with the rest of northern Italy. Therefore I don't consider it a Civilization, and it shouldn't be a civ ingame.

7. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

I think what makes Venice a unique civilization is because it depends heavily on water and river, unlike the rest of Northern Italian civilization. I think Venice is worthy enough to be called Venetian civilization lol but I don't support it in-game.

8. The Immortal

The Immortal Forever Young

9. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

The Qing are already well represented by China, but yes, the Manchu could be useful as a minor civ to serve as a threat for China and Korea.

10. srpt

srpt Deist

I think culture-battling the US while avoiding war with them would be fun. A diplomatic goal would also be interesting, walking a careful path between super-powers as we do.

while culture-flipping a US city has never happened, scenarios of New England or the Pacific Northwest seceding to join Canada are actually totally plausible if you put aside the American Federal government's hegemony and unilateralism, so that could be a goal.

I had what I thought was a pretty interesting UP idea as well here.

11. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

IF we made Canada a civilization, we would need to add an espionage mission that can reduce a city's culture via Justin Bieber

12. srpt

srpt Deist

and if that's not enough we can follow up with Celine Dion.

13. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

No but really, adding Canada as a minor civilization would fix America from controlling nearly half of the world's production and commerce just because it's easy.
    They shouldn't be a playable civilization though.

14. Bryce3

Bryce3 King of Wessex

15. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

And that's only if Canada becomes indie. Before that, England controlling Canada is the best option.

16. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Emperor

If I may, the first thing that can be done relatively easy is to remove the alpha channel from all texture files except from the _Diff, the _Noshader and the _background dds file. If the leaderhead does not uses any transparency, these files need no alpha channel as well. Just check if they are completely white, then they can go.

If more than one set of texture files is used it often helps to combine them, since often large areas of the individual texture files are not used. Can be done with Nifskope, but it is easier with Blender which can be used for bake textures. Also often there are files in the leaderhead folders that are not used at all.

Another thing that can be done is to check if the animation files used are the vanilla ones. If that is the case, it is better to link to the vanilla files in the CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead file and delete them duplicates from the leaderhead folder.

Finally, if non-shader support is not necessary, deleting the _noshader nif file and the _Noshader dds file can clean up some space.

17. Bair_the_Normal

Bair_the_Normal 全は禪

We Manchus are awesome enough to warrant a minor civ?

Sweet.

:)<

18. Rorgloin

Rorgloin Warlord

I like the idea of a minor Scotland. Thoughts?

19. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

I think they're better represented by just natives pillaging England.
    Just like the Natives of the United States

20. The Diocletian

The Diocletian Fire Fly

Natives spawning in the middle of England sounds... annoying.