Suggestions and requests

I am sorry if I am missing something but why 35%? Last time I checked was 25%.

The complete list of features says that Scholasticism is +35%.

Well, F3 screen must say what is really codded. It says 25%, even worse than your math :)

It is +35%, I confirm.

Wolf, it doesn't matter how much it is compared to philosophical trait. Every civilisation has its own modifiers, and civics shouldn't disturb gameplay much. +35% is satisfactory enough. Moreover, think that Republic gives another 40% so combined both give +75%. Moreover, 23 turns out of 100 turns is something more than a valuable amount of turns in DoC.

The point is that OR is much, much better then Scholasticism, hence the comparison with the trait. I may analyse the benefit of OR in the near future, though it's harder to quantify.

Can we please take away 1 lux resource from Persia proper and pass it across the Gulf to Muscat? I am so happy to see it often after 3000 BC runs, but resourcelessness of the city does not encourage ownership. On the other side Persia has a lux resource on almost every tile of their arid land. Sassanids and Abbasids both controlled Muscat until it fell to Portuguese. There must be something to fight about!

Can we please take away 1 lux resource from Persia proper and pass it across the Gulf to Muscat? I am so happy to see it often after 3000 BC runs, but resourcelessness of the city does not encourage ownership. On the other side Persia has a lux resource on almost every tile of their arid land. Sassanids and Abbasids both controlled Muscat until it fell to Portuguese. There must be something to fight about!

I agree. Especially that 1. thanks to the Trading Company, the Portuguese player is often forced to own Muscat, and 2. there's not enough food to work all the resources around Herat anyway (at least without further compromising your capital).

Now I am attempting to do a rough analysis of Ogranized Religion, the civic that is the main alternative to Scholasticism.

Take this Italy, for instance:

OR gets me 3-4 extra hammers in these cities. Let's round it down to 3.

I have 5 cities, all have my religion. Meaning, when all my cities construct buildings (and Italy certainly needs them) I receive a bonus of 15 hammers per turn. Or, if I construct buildings half the time, 7,5 hammers per turn.

7,5 hammers per turn > 1,8 hammers and 3,24 beakers per turn (and 1 :hammers: > 1 :science:), and I was not counting the benefits of having a building available sooner (the cost of spreading one's religion is far less in DoC then in original Civ due to mechanics usually ensuring "correct" religions in cities).

Since the bonus from Organized Religion becomes more useful the more cities you have (whereas it's not the case for Scholasticism) bigger empires have even less use for Scholasticism.

The only use for Scholasticism I can see is a UHV where you need to get X great people by X date.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0999.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0999.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 346
This is just a small request, but I think Italy's core should change at some point to include Rome and south Italy, similar to how Spain's core changes to include Barcelona and Cordoba. After all, Italy was united by the south!

This is just a small request, but I think Italy's core should change at some point to include Rome and south Italy, similar to how Spain's core changes to include Barcelona and Cordoba. After all, Italy was united by the south!

No Torino played a key role in the unification of Italy. It could be said that both the north and the south unified Italy, but north Italy was much more important politically both before and after unification, so therefore the north played a much greater role.

No Torino played a key role in the unification of Italy. It could be said that both the north and the south unified Italy, but north Italy was much more important politically both before and after unification, so therefore the north played a much greater role.

Indeed, piedmont was where everything started. The first, second and third independence wars happened in nothern italy (except the Expedition of the Thousand obviously). In that century the north was indeed politically more important than the south, because the south was ruled by the Bourbon dinasty that led to the decline of southern italy. In the past, southern italy was more important. In fact, it's an important position for trade and military bases, because it's in the center of the Mediterranean. The location was in fact one of the causes of the first punic war.

I'm pretty sure the Italian core already dynamically expands?

Me looking up the code is usually the fastest method. Which I can do once I'm home from work.

Indeed, piedmont was where everything started. The first, second and third independence wars happened in nothern italy (except the Expedition of the Thousand obviously). In that century the north was indeed politically more important than the south.

It still is. It's where most the industry is now.

Yeah, I looked it up and it in fact never happens. Guess I was thinking of Spain instead which already has such an effect. I'll add it on the next opportunity.

It still is. It's where most the industry is now.

Actually the economic capital is Milan, which isn't in piedmont. It's in Lombardy. But the triangle Genoa-Turin-Milan is indeed the most industrialized part of Italy.

Top Bottom