1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 20, 2011.

1. VGL

VGL Deity

Please let me be vassal to civilization.The only way to become a vassal is using World Builder.

2. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

Seeeeriously. I don't know why it isn't allowed, considering that the game is supposed to somewhat represent history better than other mods, and many civilizations are weak and would benefit from vassalization.

3. Hojsimpson

Hojsimpson Prince

Make environmentalism a civic that gave happiness penalty for civs without environmentalism.
    We care for our Earth.

4. VGL

VGL Deity

Please give Persia MORE settlers and units to make its historical empire and plus,do not loose cities to Rome or byzantine.

5. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Deity

India deserves more settlers too. If not, more independent cities spawning between 1500 BC and 600 BC so that there are 16 "Mahajanapadas". India should go militarist and conquer territories from Magadh as it was done in history instead of play a boring peaceful settling game. Oh and it should start with iron working considering that the game starts when India's "Iron age" began.

6. morff

morff Warlord

I think Turks would deserve some help. They used to be so powerful in 16,17,18 century (as they actually were historically), but now they are struggling very much, and never seen them actually achieve anything what could be called an empire (recent svn versions).

7. VGL

VGL Deity

Actually Turks are very power full,controlling the places there not supposed to control like Armenia and Georgia when the Safavid should control it.

8. The Diocletian

The Diocletian Fire Fly

Speaking of the Turks...

Leoreth, your nerfs to Arabia were in the right direction, but unfortunately, this:

Spoiler :

is still occurring regularly.

9. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

So what's the problem? Too stable? Too advanced?

10. The Diocletian

The Diocletian Fire Fly

Arabia's techrate is pretty balanced, but the main problem is that it it's just too stable. It sits there with 20-30 cities and just spams units, making it often the most powerful civ in the world and makes it impossible for Turkey/Egypt/the player to do anything about it.

11. VGL

VGL Deity

That's great. I think it should even conqueror Spain and then in 900 AD Spian and Moor will re spawn agian.

12. morff

morff Warlord

Actually you are right in one game they have conquered almost whole Russia, which was kind of funny. But that was just one game. In other tens of games they just struggling to stay alive.

13. The Diocletian

The Diocletian Fire Fly

Yes, this is very good in 600-1200 AD.

The above screenshot was taken 1650 AD.

See the problem?

14. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

The Seljuks and Mongols just aren't doing their job destroying Arabia well enough. I've been seeing lategame super-Arabias too.

15. Royal Tenenbaum

Royal Tenenbaum Exiled

I blame Egypt's respawn; it isn't wide-nor-often enough.

16. citis

citis Deity

Keeping two super shrines under their control makes them too strong. Their maintainance modifier should increase.

17. Hojsimpson

Hojsimpson Prince

The problem is the 3000BC start, in 600AD Arabia won't be that powerful.
    Is all the wonders and improvements, lots of towns=lots of commerce.
    If it were possible downgrading the towns into cottages or removing them would be enough. Not need to touch the wonders. or maybe more seljuks?

18. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

You mean they inherit too many developed cottages? Maybe they should downgrade when a civilization collapses?

19. Hojsimpson

Hojsimpson Prince

Yes, towns are the highest level of cottage. Egypt and Babylonia are full of improvements that give 6 commerce, and the improvements that give production are also built, Jerusalem has priests settled on it and in the 3000BC start Arabia will flip cities with more units and buildings and population than in 600AD start in which you need workers to work unworked land. It is significative

20. Hippo8085

Hippo8085 Shaken, not stirred

I see a strong Arabia in the 600 AD scenario as well. Since where I am there is limited internet time I will make this short.

Arabia and other civilizations (Mongolia, China, Byzantium) have too large of cores for what they are meant to control. The change to Current Era +1 actually didn't hurt these ones much but did Europe. My suggestion is to revert to the Current Era +2, but shrink the cores for all civilizations, especially these ones, and have more changing ones (colonial Europe goes from capital to country with Renaissance, will also make it harder to kill off other European civilizations early if the raze penalty is working correctly) and more expanded flip zones. This should probably have more than one mind put into exactly what the best ones would be, from both gameplay (what I would give you) and historical standpoints.

Currently the only surefire way to collapse a civilization is to eliminate their possession of every one of their core cities, which is part of why I think the Seljuks are not doing a good enough job and smaller cores would help increase collapses. They collapse and Arabia just comes right back and takes the lost cities. In either case, they could use a buff when the human is not a Middle Eastern civilization.

Lastly on stability, I think there should be some critical consecutive number of turns or checks at which a civilization that has had collapsing stability should, well, collapse. The same, but a much larger number for unstable.

Just to put things in perspective, this was an average game with the Current Era +2. Current Era +1 gives the same, minus the Poland and Vikings, they are collapsed.
    Spoiler :

Quick last thought: Russia should be more likely to be reborn during the first rebirth period (1280-1550)