Suggestions and requests

To avoid the abuse of Mercenaries and Slavery instead of more "recent" Levy Armies and Agrarianism, I've just tried 3 tests with a -25% GP rate modifier for Slavey and a 20% free units population. The result is that 70% of civs still keeps Slavery, but nothing has changed about the inclination to choose Mercenaries; this civic is adopted by everybody until Standing Armies & Naval Dominance, so I think it should reintroduce a strong penalty for Mercenaries in some way.

EDIT
I've raised Mercenary unit extra upkeep from normal 2 to 5: everybody still keep this civic. Now I think that the problem is that Levy Armies is terrible :crazyeye:

RE-EDIT
I've raised the same extra upkeep to 99 and high civic upkeep: same story :lol:

Obviously AI does not take into account then. Not sure how they choose their civics.

Obviously AI does not take into account then. Not sure how they choose their civics.

I think so. I've just tried to enhance Levy Armies increasing the number of free units and some shy civs (in one test, Russia and...don't remember who, in another, Italy) chose this civic.

Can you make it so that you can play as a civ that you give independence too/a civ that spawns?

Also could Egypt get a bigger historical area when it switches to Islam? I see that Egypt always collapses/looses territories a short while after it spawns.

The reason I'm saying this is because I want to play as Islamic Egypt without playing as Egypt from 3000 B.C. Thanks

Respawns are not predictable, so they are impossible to balance. A restriction of the current switch mechanics also makes it impossible to switch to them.

I might do an Iran-like rebirth for Muslim Egypt later on so they can be played.

A bold suggestion: make ocean tiles provide no :food: and 2:commerce: instead of 1:food: and 1:commerce:. The logic behind this is people can't live on water, it's just wrong to have any island in the middle of nowhere be able to grow to size 21 and beyond. And map changes should happen along with it.

If this happens, we'll need a new type of terrain that's like cape/coast, unpassable for certain units until a certain tech, but provides the same yields as coast.

Leoreth, if you plan to do anything to the map before the 1.12 release, please consider this suggestion.

It actually represents the fishing industry IIRC, and I imagine that this would cause severe balance problems if introduced.

I don't understand your point, what balance problems can possibly arise? I think it should actually fix balance issues instead.

It'd make domination with certain civs much more difficult, for one, and considering several cores have already recently been reduced, I wouldn't be thrilled to see this change either.

I don't see how this change would have any influence on domination attempts, except for certain civs with major(core) coastal cities(with ocean tiles). For them, some of the previous ocean tiles can be changed into the new water tile to ensure population growth, it's actually a small boost.

I fail to see the problem.

The only question is: is it worth it? I think if you are going to do something to the map, then this change can come along. Otherwise it can wait.

I have actually considered a similar change, but this will have major repercussions, so no map changes will happen before release.

Portugal: white (primary), blue (secondary)
These were the colours of colonial portugal, the green/orange came in post colonial era.

England: Orange red (primary), yellow (secondary)
Leave red for Canada, Australia or South Africa.

Aztec/Mexico: Dark Green (former portoguese, primary), white (secondary)
Aztec or Mexico never used the light green.

Japan: Light cream (primary), red (secondary)
light cream coresponds to crysanthemum, traditional japanese symbol.

Germany (HRE): Black (primary), yellow (secondary)
Black isn't used, yellow is used widely, so using black as primary colour for Germans can leave room for one more colour.

Mayan/Colombia: Yellow (primary), blue (secondary)
The colours of Colombia are yellow, blue and red. Yellow occupies around 50% of the flag, so it should be the primary colour.

Barbarians are black. Unless you're saying the Holy Roman Empire consists of barbarians... :p

Barbarians are black. Unless you're saying the Holy Roman Empire consists of barbarians... :p

Ups, I completely forgot about that. Maybe give Barbarians the indepdenet/native grey.

I think there should be a clear difference in color between the barbarians and independents. They have a different role in the game. Black is the most suitable color for the barbarians IMO.

And I'd like to see the two independent forces have different names. Sometimes you just can't tell which independent is the one you're at war with...

Disagree with all of these.

And I'd like to see the two independent forces have different names. Sometimes you just can't tell which independent is the one you're at war with...

When you're at war with someone the city bar becames red-ish.

Top Bottom