Suggestions and requests

I have two suggestions from my experiences so far with the game.

1. I think the Eastern Roman Empire/Byzantine Empire, when they spawn, should flip more cities to their side than they currently do, such as the ones in Egypt and Syria (eg. Memphis, Alexandria, Babylon, Antiochia, etc)

2. After the Greeks establish Alexander's Empire, I think it would be cool if it was to collapse into the historical successor states as AI only civs (like the Seljuks). All that is really necessary I think is the Seleucids, but other successor states could potentially be added too.

I have two suggestions from my experiences so far with the game.

1. I think the Eastern Roman Empire/Byzantine Empire, when they spawn, should flip more cities to their side than they currently do, such as the ones in Egypt and Syria (eg. Memphis, Alexandria, Babylon, Antiochia, etc)
They do if the are controlled by Rome at that point. If they were, but didn't flip, I would appreciate a save if you still have it.

2. After the Greeks establish Alexander's Empire, I think it would be cool if it was to collapse into the historical successor states as AI only civs (like the Seljuks). All that is really necessary I think is the Seleucids, but other successor states could potentially be added too.
They were way to short-lived to justify the inclusion of a new civilization in my opinion.

Respawns are not predictable, so they are impossible to balance. A restriction of the current switch mechanics also makes it impossible to switch to them.

I might do an Iran-like rebirth for Muslim Egypt later on so they can be played.

Redoing Egypt would be cool, since it's kinda silly to see war chariots roaming around in 1200 AD.

Maybe when that time comes there could be a leader/dynamic name adjustment between Arabia and Egypt. I'm mainly referring to Saladin being an Arabian leader when Egypt has the dynamic name of the Ayyubid Sultanate, which isn't right since Saladin was the Ayyubid leader.

Yeah. I wouldn't want to waste Saladin as an Egyptian leader as long as their respawn does not occur in every game. We also have Harun now.

Yeah, if the current system was used Saladin would really only be there for like 7 turns before Baibars would kick him out.

If you do redo it, would you want to have Egypt respawn in the middle ages like it does now or have it respawn in later 19th/20th century as modern Egypt?

Medieval Egypt is more interesting in my opinion. Of course random respawns in the 19th century would still be possible.

They do if the are controlled by Rome at that point. If they were, but didn't flip, I would appreciate a save if you still have it.

In just several turns from the point of this save, the Byzantine Peoples spawn. I've tried three times now and they never get Tobruk (don't remember the Roman name), Alexandria, Memphis, Antioch, or Babylon.

Attachments

• ROMA VICTA.CivBeyondSwordSave
    517.7 KB · Views: 47
They aren't supposed to get Babylon.It was Persians and later on,Arabians and then the Arabians got kicked out.

In just several turns from the point of this save, the Byzantine Peoples spawn. I've tried three times now and they never get Tobruk (don't remember the Roman name), Alexandria, Memphis, Antioch, or Babylon.
Cannot open the save, which revision is that from? Or is it 1.11?

Then it's already fixed, you can look forward to the upcoming release of 1.12 :)

Is there any merit in changing Arabia's UP to spreading Temples and Monasteries, rather than Cathedrals? It always bugs me that it's basically impossible to ever build a cathedral yourself in a city you've founded or flipped, when every tiny city you conquer gets one.

The monasteries would help with the tech leader goal, too.

It says so in the civilopedia, but there's no free cathedral in the actual game. Don't remember about 1.11, but in SVN version there's only temple.

Temple AND monastery can be abused, making Arabia best suited for Catholicism URV.

It says so in the civilopedia, but there's no free cathedral in the actual game. Don't remember about 1.11, but in SVN version there's only temple.
I didn't know cathedrals were still stated somewhere.

It's in the UP description, viewable in the selection screen for example.

I'v never got the difference between the last second column which is on the right civic and representation.can somebody explain the differences?

I'v never got the difference between the last second column which is on the right civic and representation.can somebody explain the differences?

"last second column which is on the right"??? :confused: Mind being a tad more specific?

Top Bottom