Suggestions and requests

hey Leoreth,do you plan on adding more religions in Version 1.12?

The Madrasa is already the arabian UB. Shouldn't it be changed with something else?

You can use the greek/byzantine words if you want:
*Temple: Ecclesia
*Cathedral: Metropolis
*Monastery: Monasterion/Mone/Moni (Μονή)
*Missionary: Ierapostolos/Ierapostol

Except the Russians are Orthodox as well. I also think they shouldn't be direct translations of temple and such. I used direct translations for confucism and the zoroastrian monastery because they have no buildings.

Islam doesn't have monasteries and madrasas are islamic schools. Arabias madrasa would have to be renamed.

Except the Russians are Orthodox as well.

Yes I know, but these terms are internationally known and used. Patriarch can be used instead of metropolis, too.

Which is?

Their ingame representation would be to have pretty much no contact with any other civ except maybe the Arabs and Indonesians for a short time, then collapse on their own before being able to do anything. That's pretty pointless.

The Palas are collapsed by the Mughal spawn, so why are they important in this context?

It's just weird that in 600AD, the Mughals are usually the only civ that represents the subcontinent for the whole game (well, I did add some land to the south and made Tamils respawn as Vijayanagar in my personal modmod)...

Although the Palas as such don't have much to do with my point.

Well, I tried to include the Maratha Empire at one point, but that either screwed up European colonization or was doomed to failure. Not sure what else to do. I do want to see modern India more often, however.

I hope you make it so that AI Britain always finishes off AI Mughals before 1800 and have an Indian spawn either when Britain is shaky/in 1947 (if you can do that, of course).

I love India but there's two things that bug me about the 3000 BC scenario:
- It's too slow (not as fun as Babylon where there's a race to defend your empire)
- Varanasi. I hate that city, I always try and raze it but it doesn't work. I don't know how good/bad it gets afterwards because I usually give up on India after founding Mumbai.

Also how about changing the color of India to the Carthaginian orange from BtS? I installed that color pack a while back and orange for India really looks nice instead of pink. But that's just personal preference, there might be other people on the forums who like the pink.

Also how about changing the color of India to the Carthaginian orange from BtS? I installed that color pack a while back and orange for India really looks nice instead of pink.

India is orange in mine modmodmod :)

I hope you make it so that AI Britain always finishes off AI Mughals before 1800 and have an Indian spawn either when Britain is shaky/in 1947 (if you can do that, of course).
That's impossible to guarantee. What if I, as the Vikings for example, decide to conquer Great-Britain right after spawning? Then there wouldn't be any British nation.

India can respawn as usual if the Mughals are dead; the problem is getting them dead. And I actually don't think that the Brits should always conquer the peninsula.

India is orange in mine modmodmod :)

Oh yeah, that's where I got it from. I just reinstalled the modpack but I suggested the orange for India because people who don't have the mod installed could enjoy it too. Plus if I ever uninstall the mod, the orange will still be there. But I'm not saying you're modpack is bad, I love it! :cool:

And what I said was meant for the 1700 AD scenario. Instead of just taking 1-2 cities from Mughals like the AI Brit. usually does, they should destroy the Mughals so a respawned India wouldn't have to fight 2 enemies.

But for 3000 BC/600 AD I think 3 things could happen.
- AI Mughals force collapse before 1800 AD, India spawns afterwards
- India is a guaranteed respawn (and hopefully playable :p ) and fights any civ that refuses to flip an Indian city to India.
- Mughals could become India. What I mean is if they survive past their historical collapse date and control a large part of the Indian subcontinent, they can change their name to India instead of Pakistan and change their leader to Gandhi.

Orange India sounds interesting actually. Will try it out and see if I like it.

Suggestion:

AI should be extremely aggressive for taking back their core, or prey on empty/weak city before industrial era.

I think towns should receive +1 Commerce from railroads, to simulate better infrastructure leading to more efficiency or something.

I think towns should receive +1 Commerce from railroads, to simulate better infrastructure leading to more efficiency or something.

Agreed.

And Iran! What a poor, insignificant mess it usually is. Maybe it needs to flip Merv and Baghdad after all, and receive some Cuirassiers or something?

Top Bottom