1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

Huh? In my current game as Germany they are a major power, the only one able to stand up to me at all even, but then again that might be because all of Europe has been squashed under my jackboots.

2. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

If Turkey collapses, Iran sometimes receives a major benefit from it.

3. Shadow Merc

Shadow Merc Warlord

Speaking of modern India, I was thinking that, if it isn't so already, maybe the Mughal core should change on respawn to encompass Pakistan & Afghanistan, if we also wanted to represent modern Pakistan rather than an extended India or Iran controlling both areas instead.

If they were to respawn it'd be awkward for India to respawn with Delhi…and then Mughals respawn with Delhi.

4. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

It's already there, Mughals respawn as Pakistan.

5. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

Yeah, I think the mechanism is fine, the problem is getting the Mughals to collapse in the first place.

6. Shadow Merc

Shadow Merc Warlord

I only mentioned since I remember in one game as Britain where I tried to do the entire British empire, I thought of setting colonies free to see if I could survive the losses. With India i think it was either India would have gotten Lahore as well or the Mughals would have gotten Delhi, so I couldn't really release either without them intruding on each other's territory.

I also though of extending a respawned Mughals core to Afghanistan since it would be better for them to have it as opposed to Iran, who I think lost Afghanistan in the late 1700's/early 1800s.

7. VGL

VGL Deity

Nope.the Afsharids captured them and they were part of Iran till the late 19th ceuntrey.

8. THEK1NG

THEK1NG Chieftain

Hi I have another suggestion.

Could you make Unique Religious Victories not include being the first to discover something? Like in Protestantism for example, you must found 3 techs first in order to have a chance at winning a URV.

And about Protestantism, if you don't change the first 3 techs to be researched, can you make it so that you must be the first Protestant civ? Because in my Protestant Polish game (I beelined to PP) no matter what I do I always get beat by Arabia to Liberalism.

9. citis

citis Deity

On what level do you play? What scenario? Have you tried GPs or golden era? Have tried crusades? Conquering Jerusalem will halt arabian research and boost your own.

10. CaterpillarKing

CaterpillarKing Conqueror of Cacoons

I have one question, why is Colombia not pickable as a civ? It isn't as bad as America in original RFC but it just makes me wonder why.

11. VGL

VGL Deity

Its not just Columbia,it's mexico and iran too

12. CaterpillarKing

That too, except you can choose Mexico, and you can choose Iran, just not from when it first spawns in the 1500s.

13. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

Am I the only one that thinks :health: modifiers are too generous for certain civs? Personally, I see :health: modifier as a way to SLOW DOWN growth, therefore every civilization should incur health problem to some degree some time through their history. But currently it's not the case.

Take Rome for example: their base :health: is 6 IIRC. This is certainly too much. They have easy access to fish, clam, pig, sheep, wheat, which is 6:health: with a granary. Compare with China in the east, they are only 3:health: short(2 from rice and 1 from banana). But remember China's base :health: is 1. Therefore, Rome should have 4:health:(or less, they are not supposed to last long into the middle ages) for logic's sake. Why would they need to build aqueducts anyway?

Colonial civs should get a debuff too. Their core cities are not supposed to grow extra-large before they start colonizing and have aquired all those colonial resources! They already have growth modifiers help them grow quickly. Now the health modifier should do its job and limit their city population. 6:health: is too generous in most cases.

And I haven't mentioned the plague yet. In my last game as India, plague wiped out the entire population of Delhi(from 8 or 9 to 1). Delhi is on river and there's granary and stepwell in it, but still. But you don't see this happen in Europe do you? No because their health and growth modifiers are too good. Typically a city only loses 2-3 population throughout the plague. The Black Death is merely a scratch.

In conclusion: the health modifier is meant to limit city growth and mega-city. But it's not doing its job well. In general base :health: should be less than they are now. 6:health: is too much for most civs, especially the colonial ones, and the large emipres like Russia and America:rolleyes:.

14. CaterpillarKing

I would like to also suggest, along with adding in an Iranian and Colombian spawn choice before the game, that the mercenaries either be put back or somehow made better. The units are just far too expensive for real use. Mercenaries are expensive but don't instantly drain your bank. They should be for emergencies but you should be able to get at least a few, not just one before you're broke. Love the 1.12 SVN changes though. Great additions. Also, I haven't gotten far enough in 1.12, is the world congress still the same as 1.11 where it stops once the UN comes around?

15. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

Mercenary is actually a VERY POWERFUL civic right now, which allows you to assemble an army out of nowhere, with the price of some money. Especially in higher difficulties, where everything is more expensive, except units. The same amount of money needed(1:science:~1:gold:) for a tech like compass can buy 20+ horse archers for the Moors, for example. If you bank is drained by just a few purchases, then there's little money in your bank to begin with.

16. CaterpillarKing

I suppose. I guess I just don't keep much in the metaphorical bank. Did the World Congress change at all? Also, your point makes sense. Maybe the point of the colonizing civs' capitals to be so large is to make colonizing easier by being able to build settlers and galleons. Also, the tiny nations like Britain (compared to America) had massive production outputs.

17. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

Palace and Summer Palace shouldn't be allowed to exist in the same city. For instance, I built Summer Palace in Constantinople as Rome. When Byzantium spawned, they could no longer use it at all because it was in their capital!

The solution would be to destroy the SP if the city also has a palace.

18. citis

citis Deity

All national wonders should be destroyed on conquest/trade out including summer palace. This might be a bug.

19. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

I agree.

Yep, no congresses are triggered as soon as the UN is built.

Fair enough.

It's set for every building, the SP could've easily been forgotten.

20. CaterpillarKing

Shame, I really like the world congresses. What about a resolution to begin a world congress meeting?