Suggestions and requests

I don't know, it wouldn't really be very historical.

It kind of would be. Maybe just change it and make it only for cities that are under occupation of another nation. It would be fitting for the UN and the basic UN way to change the owner of the city is bad because the Secretary General rarely ever has a reason to use it. Also, it rarely shows up.

Currently there are two types of Congresses, the old ones and the after war. The after war are ok (except the dispaly message it should say "The participants of the war" and "we weren't involved" instead of "The world major powers.." and "we aren't important enough"). Maybe the first type should be removed or reduce its importance. It can only request cities indepedent, unsettled or collapsed not participants. Last, in latest SVN America managed to get cities from congresses. However, they weren't colonial but Mexican...

So? It's not just about colonial cities, even though colonial AIs have a disposition of asking for those first, and agree to claims involving colonies more. It's harder to just outright claim a city because the AI sees less reason to agree with it, but it shouldn't be impossible.

I see the Congresses mechanic also as a way to model sold colonies/territories such as the Louisiana purchase and various Caribbean colonies.

Good point about the text though, I will change it.

Right now, I'm OCCing as Greece and Turkey's culture (in my historical and core area) is crowding up my city and screwing me over. My city is in Illion. Do you think that you could make it so that small empires can't lose their BFC to culture flip caused by spawns?

You are in their core, what do you expect?

IRL Greece was screwed over by Turkey :p

You are in their core, what do you expect?

Yeah, but I'm also in mine.

I think that as long as the player's city is built in its civ's core and the player is OCCing, it shouldn't be screwed over making 200 culture a turn by the city that gets to 100 total culture.

On what level do you play? What scenario? Have you tried GPs or golden era? Have tried crusades? Conquering Jerusalem will halt arabian research and boost your own.

I played on Heir, Poland 3000 BC and I admit the Europe map I was playing on at the time was extremely odd. For 1, Spain was Buddhist and Holy Rome was Islamic. Then every civ in Europe except for me and Russia was Islamic (or Buddhist for Spain). I converted Holy Rome and England into Catholicism and both became Protestant when I got Printing Press. A few turns the Abbasids discover Liberalism :mad:

I didn't want to try invading the Arabs because they were much more powerful than me. And another question: What does the Inquisition do?
________________________________________________________________________________

This relates to my old suggestion of changing the Protestant URV victory in order to be the first Protestant civilization to discover the 3 techs that you need.

Gives espionage points to the pope to spy on a civilization

I played on Heir, Poland 3000 BC and I admit the Europe map I was playing on at the time was extremely odd. For 1, Spain was Buddhist and Holy Rome was Islamic. Then every civ in Europe except for me and Russia was Islamic (or Buddhist for Spain). I converted Holy Rome and England into Catholicism and both became Protestant when I got Printing Press. A few turns the Abbasids discover Liberalism :mad:

3000BC scenarios maybe creepy for medieval civs. Arabia may control many ancient wonders including the great lighthouse and colossus. Anyway, don't let Arabia or anyone else control both the temple of Solomon and one or two shrines. Arabia may be stronger but AIs aren't clever in the war, conquering just one city (Jerusalem or Mecca) should be doable. Try to bring allies in your crusades. IMO crusade against Jerusalem (temple of Solomon) and maybe Mecca (muslim shrine) is sometimes unavoidable.

If you want to win the game you already played persuade Arabia to change civis or bulb Liberalism, or raze the research rate, or if sb else has a better idea let THEK1NG know.

Decolonisation through Republic.

At least there a decolonisation mechanism in the game :D. I thought that Republic should encourage decolonisation like "intercontinental territories can't be historical" or even enforce decolonisation like "intercontinental territories will declare indepedence" or "will face indepedence movements in colonies". Or the more civs run republic the more chances colonies will declare indepedence. The trait of Republic is already too powerful, so including something about decolonisation can balance it. This way decolonisation through UN will be achieved when the global civic Republic passes, which many civs will favour.

Yeah, but I'm also in mine.

I think that as long as the player's city is built in its civ's core and the player is OCCing, it shouldn't be screwed over making 200 culture a turn by the city that gets to 100 total culture.
Not for tiles that are not in your core but in theirs. And why should OCC matter, or such an ahistorical scenario be accommodated?

Not for tiles that are not in your core but in theirs. And why should OCC matter, or such an ahistorical scenario be accommodated?

Tiles in my core are getting taken, and it is taking me ages to get the tiles back even while making 200 culture a turn and the other city has 100 total.

OCCs are a part of Civ and have been for a very long time. You shouldn't be punished for making your one city in your core and (later) some contested tiles. This is one of the situations where fun should be prioritized. The thing is that their one city producing all of this culture is 4 or 5 tiles away and I'm producing way more culture than them.

Babylonia should be discouraged to research Bronze Working. It's quite hard for Persia(AI and human player) to handle them.

Yeah.overall,Leoreth ignores Asia a lot and focuses way to much on Europe.and the ottomans have a very powerful UP.mabey change it to something else?

Well, he's European :D.

For the same reason I'm complaining China collapses too often.

If Mongolia collapsed China should (unless someone else owns it) come back subsequently.

Had an idea for Mount Rushmore.

I think the requirements for it should be changed so that America has a chance to build it. Usually what happens is Prussia will beeline Fascism and build it straight away, meaning they'll have it almost 100% of the time.

I think the simplest way would be to make it require Republic like the SOL does, but maybe it could also be moved to a tech that the AI doesn't always beeline for. I don't think Mount Rushmore is really associated with Fascism either.

I'd also like to propose a new first UHV for America:

1. Control Alaska, Hawaii, Cuba, San Juan, Panama, & the Philippines in/by 1930 AD

or

2. Control X amount of Sugar, Silk, Spices, & Tobacco or Control X amount of luxury resources in/by 1930.

I think either of those goals are more representative of American imperial ambitions than just conquering all of North America, and it forces you to go out and conquer/settle areas of the map that are underutilized, such as Alaska, Hawaii, and even the Panama Canal.

Well, he's European :D.

For the same reason I'm complaining China collapses too often.

So do Vikings. I've constantly seen them collapse in the 600 AD scenario, and I can never figure out why since it's not like they're over expanding or settling outside of their historical territory.

Top Bottom