Suggestions and Requests

Leoreth

Blue Period
You have an idea on how to improve the modmod or add an interesting new feature to it? Then this is the right place for you! I intend to read and consider every idea here.

The more detailed your suggestions are, the more likely it gets that I'll consider them. Images help to picture what you're talking about (for example for terrain changes), and when you've already considered the repercussions it may have on the rest of the game, it helps to calm down my worries in this regard ;)

Please note that just because I don't directly reply to a suggestion doesn't mean that I didn't read or consider it. Maybe it has already been brought up recently, or I need time to think about it and currently have nothing to say. Also, more complicated things might need some time to get done, especially when they concern other aspects of the game than those I'm currently working on.

I have a huge list of map change suggestions, as you know. I just want to know which ones are worth making a large argument for.
• Alaska, so that the actual location of Anchorage can be settled, and a railroad can go from British Columbia to Alaska. This would also help the AI
• The US, with widespread changes that, I have tested, both help the AI and produce more interesting and historical events
• Central America, to avoid pre-Panama canals
• South America, for various reasons
• Africa, to fix how ugly and dumb it was made. I mean, this is my biggest push
• Australia, minor changes to promote better city placement
• South Africa, wide changes
• Madagascar, wide changes
• Greenland, wide changes
• East Russia, for better city placement
• Japan, adding freaking tea because Japan.. I mean... come on... -_-
• Adding and removing uranium for better historical gameplay. China doesn't have any, but France does? France got it from Africa.
• Some minor changes to Palestine, France, Poland, Ukraine, Sri Lanka, Kazakhstan
• Indochina huge overhaul

If you ad tea to Japan,then add tea to Iran too in the north

Suggestions, I had a huge list in my XP computer, but it is destroyed. :D

The most important changes IMO right now, would be a balanced tech rate. Technology rate is too high, especially in late game.

The problem is the way you try to apply a balance. Modifiers tied to civs or modifiers tied to dates are insufficient. Unavoidably techs should be tied to years. It seems to be the best solution.

A minor change I would like to see is about religions and bonuses. Remove the catholicism bonus or give all other religions a bonus, just I don't like catholicism being the ultimate religion in game.

Remove the catholicism bonus or give all other religions a bonus, just I don't like catholicism being the ultimate religion in game.

If you're referring to the extra :hammers: per religious building the AP gives, that's already been removed.

If you're referring to the extra :hammers: per religious building the AP gives, that's already been removed.

It is still present and not tied to the apostolic palace. It removed only after Protestantism is founded.

I think it's removed when AP goes obsolete. Leoreth?

I think so.

I wish Leoreth removes this bonus or gives every religion bonus

I think it's removed when AP goes obsolete. Leoreth?

You mean at Mass Media? That's even worse. It should be removed completely.

I have a huge list of map change suggestions, as you know. I just want to know which ones are worth making a large argument for.
• Alaska, so that the actual location of Anchorage can be settled, and a railroad can go from British Columbia to Alaska. This would also help the AI
• The US, with widespread changes that, I have tested, both help the AI and produce more interesting and historical events
• Central America, to avoid pre-Panama canals
• South America, for various reasons
• Africa, to fix how ugly and dumb it was made. I mean, this is my biggest push
• Australia, minor changes to promote better city placement
• South Africa, wide changes
• Madagascar, wide changes
• Greenland, wide changes
• East Russia, for better city placement
• Japan, adding freaking tea because Japan.. I mean... come on... -_-
• Adding and removing uranium for better historical gameplay. China doesn't have any, but France does? France got it from Africa.
• Some minor changes to Palestine, France, Poland, Ukraine, Sri Lanka, Kazakhstan
• Indochina huge overhaul
Then actually suggest them.

Map side by side screenshots with changes marked with ingame signs are the preferred format.

here are my ideas for improving the geography of central Asia and China, with the existing map for comparison. I don't think I changed any resources.

China:

Spoiler :

Central Asia:

Spoiler :

Chinese starting plot should be near river.

I like that China overhaul. However, combining it with my suggestions, I suggest that uranium be added near Hong Kong, copper be moves to Xian, and iron moved to Beijing.

Suggestion for new Great Wall effect: barb/indie/native unit's movement point is set to 0 when passing the Great Wall, unit also takes 10% damage; +1 movement on road inside the Great Wall.

I like the idea.:D Also the Great Wall shouldn't be able to cross water. I've had part of my Great Wall in Japan.

Top Bottom