Suggestions and Requests

People already complain about Tibet being in the mod and that's annoying enough.

Just to express my support for diversity in the mod, I think it's fantastic to see Tibet there, as it is to have Canada, Polynesia, the Harappans and all of those other civs people complain are "non-important". They're honestly only non-important in the eyes of ignorance and eurocentric views of history. Besides, everyone has the option to disable them anytime (and with Polynesia and the Harappans this is not even necessary).

Same opinion goes to support the inclusion of more religions, and of course, to exploit this civ and religious diversity to provide more gameplay options :)

Moderator Action: Off topic political discussion removed.

Something I also miss in regular BtS: now Siege units cannot win battles anymore, they can only receive one experience point for each battle, however unlikely the outcome. It would be more interesting if siege units' battles count as normal battles in terms of experience points.

These are the unique buttons that I have uploaded in a pull request.
Zoro Cathedral / Zoro Monastery / Zoro Temple / Sejong

Attachments

• Cathedral_Zoroastrian.png
    Cathedral_Zoroastrian.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 250
  • Monastery_Zoroastrian.png
    Monastery_Zoroastrian.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 239
  • Temple_Zoroastrian.png
    Temple_Zoroastrian.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 275
  • Sejong.png
    Sejong.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 302
If you're working on that anyway, can you use the assets from History Rewritten instead? The Sejong button there looks a little more flattering, and the Zoroastrian art is better in general, including icon/button and the building art itself.

Various Delectat Art Changes:
Spoiler :
Polynesia uses Incan Art instead of Khmer art.
1: Wolves use the Settler Formation.
2,3,4,5,6,7,8: USA uses European art instead of Native American art.
9: USA uses Navy Seal art for the Marine.
10: Congo uses African missionary art and African great people art.
11: Sumerian Axemanart (not the unique unit) instead of BTS art.
12: Italian Cavalry instead of BTS art.
13: Russian Cavalry art (not the unique unit) instead of BTS art.
14: Roman Swordsman art (not the unique unit) instead of BTS art.
15: European Spies all use this art.
16: Indian Spies all use this art.
17: Ottoman Musketmen art (not the unique unit) instead of BTS art.
18: Native American Axeman art (not the unique unit) instead of BTS art.
19: South American Great Statesman instead of the Standard Great Statesman.
20: Congo uses African missionary art and African great people art.
21: Zulu Spearman art (not the unique unit) instead of BTS art.
22: Mali Archer (not unique unit) instead of BTS art.
23,24,25,26: Protestant Missionaries in Congo, Mali, Ethiopia and Zulu use African catholic missionary art.
27: Japanese Heavy Swordsman art (not the unique unit) instead of BTS art.
28: Repaired Italian Axeman art.
29: Indian Spies all use this art.
30: Congo worker art instead of the slave unit art.
31: Incan warrior instead of BTS art.
32,33,34: South American Great Statesman instead of the Standard Great Statesman.
35,36,37: Settlers use the settler formation.
38: European Spies all use this art.
39: Greek Axeman art (not the unique unit) instead of BTS art.
40: Byzantine Knight art (not the unique unit) instead of BTS art.
41: Ethiopia Musketmen art (not the unique unit) instead of BTS art.
42: European Spies all use this art.
43: Celtic Swordsman art (not the unique unit) instead of BTS art.
44: Celtic Great Prophet instead of BTS art.
45,46,47: Canada doesn't use English units that have the English flag plastered all over them.
48: Byzantium worker art instead of BTS art.
49: Congo uses African missionary and great people art.
50: Babylon Archer art (not the unique unit) instead of BTS art.
51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59: Congo uses African missionary art and African great people art.
60: Arabian Knight art instead of BTS art.

Attachments

• 20160411224104_1.jpg
    20160411224104_1.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 94
Perfect! Thanks for both the PR and the summary. I'll merge it tonight.

Done.

As we add more minor religions, will they have the same shrine cap? 10 gold could be more fitting considering their "minor" status (and prevent player hoarding).

This will tie in with the further religion change plans I have outlined in the dev diary post.

How about these for the Zoroastrian Buildings. I also included the History Rewritten zoroastrian building art and the Sejong Button.

Attachments

• zoroastrian_temple_button.png
    zoroastrian_temple_button.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 172
  • zoroastrian_monastery_button.png
    zoroastrian_monastery_button.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 174
  • zoroastrian_atashbehram_button.png
    zoroastrian_atashbehram_button.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 175
  • adurfarnbag_button.png
    adurfarnbag_button.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 142
Why not simply use the HR buttons as well, along with its Zoroastrianism icon/button?

Has there ever been discussion about the possibility of tying colonial civs' starting technologies to the country holding the largest part* of their flipzone?

Maybe it's just me being too picky, but I've always found it kind of strange to see America/Canada/Brazil/Argentina immediately more technologically advanced (often by 5+ techs) than England/France/Portugal/Spain upon spawn. Suffice to say, that's far from historical and basically a universal occurrence, at least on 3000 BC starts.

I understand that this may be impossible to implement or otherwise correct due to gameplay limitations, but I felt I ought to at least bring it up.

*in the event that only the Independents hold their flipzone or (for some reason) the cities in the area have not been founded or have been razed, there could be a "generic" fallback wherein the civ ends up with something like, I don't know, the 4th-most advanced nation's techs.

Yeah, I had been thinking about the same thing when the Russia discussion touched on the starting techs of civs like Prussia. It'd be nice to have a more context sensitive mechanism for assigning starting techs in place (although that raises questions about the challenge level for player UHVs etc), but I don't think I will get around to that before rewriting the entire spawn code.

I think it's better than the current one which is rather flat in my opinion, especially the button.

Yeah, I had been thinking about the same thing when the Russia discussion touched on the starting techs of civs like Prussia. It'd be nice to have a more context sensitive mechanism for assigning starting techs in place (although that raises questions about the challenge level for player UHVs etc), but I don't think I will get around to that before rewriting the entire spawn code.

Yeah, I have no doubt that tackling this issue will take quite a bit of time, so best of luck when you do find the chance. It's a shame, but for some reason I just feel that the 3000 BC world's techrate on whole lags a bit behind real history during the last leg of the game, so the (completely historical) starting techs of the younger civs end up eclipsing the older ones who are struggling to keep up. But even the new guys end up slowing down quickly enough -- I remember, during one fairly recent Aztec game, I was one of three Civs to have discovered Medicine in 2000 AD.

Is this a good button for the Fazenda. It needs a new button to differentiate it from the Hacienda.

Attachments

• button_fazenda.png
    button_fazenda.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 130
Yeah, I have no doubt that tackling this issue will take quite a bit of time, so best of luck when you do find the chance. It's a shame, but for some reason I just feel that the 3000 BC world's techrate on whole lags a bit behind real history during the last leg of the game, so the (completely historical) starting techs of the younger civs end up eclipsing the older ones who are struggling to keep up. But even the new guys end up slowing down quickly enough -- I remember, during one fairly recent Aztec game, I was one of three Civs to have discovered Medicine in 2000 AD.
Yeah, there is probably some general tech speed balancing to be done as well.

Is this a good button for the Fazenda. It needs a new button to differentiate it from the Hacienda.
It looks great!

Top Bottom