1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Chieftain

BRING BACK CIV3 PALACE VIEW!

But seriously your whole idea is very interesting. Maybe the Palace could be reworked into a “capitol complex”?

2. ozqar

ozqar Chieftain

I really like those ideas, except the one about requiring to move your capital around to continue building wonders. Perhaps the palace can give a production bonus to such wonders (incentivizing but not requiring is ok), but I feel the culture level-based cap on wonders is enough of a constraint.

3. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Chieftain

Is there a Mongol respawn in the game ? If not I'd like to suggest a respawn as the Dzungars or Kazhaks. Or even modern Mongolia. Though honestly, as far as the 1700 AD scenario goes, Mongolia and Korea should both be vassals to China at the start and should exist that way. Tibet too.

1SDAN likes this.
  4. Enyavar

Enyavar Chieftain

Moving capitals around sounds like a great idea if capitals aren't that expensive. An idea from Realism Invictus: When you switch civics (E.g. from monarchy to democracy), the old kings castle loses its bonus and you need to build a parliament. Or from despotism to republic, replace the tyrant's palace with a senate. Economy civics would require different ministeries. The foreign department would also get other names like war ministry for conquest and colonial ministry. Just spitballing, like you said.

The cooldown might be longer. While you can switch civics every 5 turns, you don't have to move your capital every century. Egypt, Babylon and China did so every 50-200 years, well sure, we know. But compare France - unless you count several war emergencies (and Versailles which is a glorified suburb 1/3 tile in the south), Paris was always considered the capital.

Crimean Lord, 1SDAN and Publicola like this.
  5. Vectors

Vectors Chieftain

Could we please see one more camel unit, one that is roughly an equal to cavalry or dragoons? Camel troops were used as late as WWI.

Crimean Lord and Rodnok like this.
  6. TJDowling

TJDowling Chieftain

Ready to have this thrown in the Dumb Ideas thread:

In honour, or spite, of Britain's impending exit....
    NEW CIVILIZATION: Europe

Spawn: 1930-50AD (Conditional on the end of a continental war in Europe)
    Flipzone: West Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Italy
    Historic Area: All of the EU's current member states in continental Europe + Ireland

UP: Power of Union, culture spreads to other European cities and much faster to neighbouring cities (Effect is amplified by cultural and economic output)
    UU: Diplomat (Replaces Spy: Can flip cities with over 50% "European" culture
    UB: HSR Station (Replaces Railway Station: 2+ commerce on Villages and Towns, 1+ Trade Route, 10%+ culture in city)

UHV1: Control 90% of (non-Russian?) Europe without conquering any cities by 2000AD
    UHV2: Connect by HSR routes Paris, Rome, Madrid, Berlin, Vienna and Stockholm with HSR stations and build the Channel Tunnel by 2000AD (requires the addition of HSR as a route-type)
    UHV3: Have the highest economic output by 2010

Crimean Lord, Enyavar and 1SDAN like this.
  7. ozqar

ozqar Chieftain

Well, that does remind me, would the new map have enough room for Geneva? It would be nice to see independent Switzerland there just hanging out permanently getting rich and building the UN. It could also be a nice OCC, actually.

8. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

With the UP: Power of Banking. Civs can't declare war on you if you have more gold than them. :lol:

Honestly, I think they can be a nice semi-joke civ. A bit like my Atlantis, but a bit more serious.

Vekkimaster and 1SDAN like this.
  9. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

I've also been thinking about Switzerland as a civ. I think they have a lot of nice attributes around banking, diplomacy and engineering to make an interesting unique civ. They'd probably need a UP to draw some yields from peaks but space wise they'd fit into the new map I think. At least as a player only or optional civilisation.

10. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Chieftain

Would you be open to a thread discussing smaller civs along these lines, where they're player-only or only appear when a civ is incredibly unstable, and are the sorts of civs that would normally be subsumed under another?
    Eg: Switzerland, Austria (separate from Holy Rome), whatever Italian ones people really want, etc.?

On a completely different note, PIE's Ancient Europe has buildings that require certain resources to be built and output other resources. These new resources are often required by Cults (Corporations), making the vast amount of them that you can get actually useful. Perhaps a similar mechanic could be used now that we have limited resources, where you can build a building that converts one resource to another. Or maybe even one to many, so that it helps our your empire a lot.

11. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

There already is a thread about civilisations people want to see.

I've seen a few mods attempting to do this supply chain type economy but I don't really think it fits the game.

Crimean Lord likes this.
  12. Enyavar

Enyavar Chieftain

I have seen this proposed before, at least one of them was from me IIRC. The Unique stuff looks adequate, but could also be mixed with older proposals.

It would be a great thing, because it reflects political history.

It would be a bad thing since it would be a totally unbalanced super power, unprecedented by economic history:
    - Stability: In the global age, the united cores of France, West Germany, North Italy and Netherlands should be able to control a lot more than just the historic area you proposed.
    - Wonders and infrastructure: Europe has most of the historical wonders, and would probably inherit them.
    - Military: Europe would also inherit a huge military.

I'm not saying that it is a completely dumb idea; instead I'm much in favor for it. BUT it would need a huge nerf, because the computer would play it not according to UHVs but as a ruthless empire that is stronger than USA, Russia and China. While unique disadvantages would make it challenging again, adding it requires a change of concepts.

TJDowling and Crimean Lord like this.
  13. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Maybe instead of adding an EU civ, we could look into modeling trade blocs like the EU, NAFTA, Mercosur, etc?

Currently, Multiculturalism represents it with doubled income from trade routes with Defensive Pact partners. If we really wanted to represent the EU through more than just European defensive pacts, perhaps we should look into turning trade blocs into a mechanic of their own.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  14. Enyavar

Enyavar Chieftain

New wonder: European* Parliament
    Requirements:
    Multiculturalism, must be built in Capital.
    Twofold effect:
    • Relationship between all European* powers have "+1: We are partners" for each case where the two of them share the same civics (so, maximum effect of +6 bilateral relationship)
    • Doubles trade income between all European* powers (not stacking with defensive pacts)
    * (Replace "European" with "American", "African" and "Asian" for the other continents. So, Egypt could build the African parliament and have a bonus with Morokko, Ethiopia, Arabia, Congo and Mali. Or, Canada could build the American parliament and have a bonus with USA, Brazil, Mexiko, Argentina etc.)

TJDowling, hnrysml, 1SDAN and 3 others like this.
  15. TJDowling

TJDowling Chieftain

Perhaps the core could be be just the capital region of each founding country? It's true though that an EU civilization would not really adequately reflect the political/cultural character of the European Union. Also, the fact that it would have a unified military and such a large military would be historically inconsistent. That said neighbouring Russia would still likely have the larger military. Pacifism could be coded into the civ as well. I do prefer the idea of modelling trade blocs, however I have no idea how feasible that is and how it would play out with AI.

Crimean Lord likes this.
  16. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

Great idea, have you included an exit mechanic with it?

17. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Throws your country into three years of anarchy

18. black213

black213 Chieftain

Would an option to resurrect an annexed civ as your vassal be off the table?

19. freethink

freethink Chieftain

You are so ironically perfect.

20. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

I think I am unironically perfect.

JHLee, need my speed, Enyavar and 6 others like this.