Suggestions and Requests

I think islands need to be put in many places. Islands, I feel, are underutilized as they allow many low production places to be slightly buffed.

• Denmark
Of course, Denmark is largely islands. I suggest 1E, 1NE, and 1S of Copenhagen.
• Scotland
The Hebrides (NW Scotland) are not represented, and also Orkey could be moved south so it could be in Edinburgh's fat cross.
• Isle of Mann
Having an island 1E of Dublin could represent the Isle of Mann, and boost Dublin's pathetic production.
• Sweden
Gotland could be represented by being 2S1E of Stockholm.
• Mediterranean
Of course, Greece needs tons of islands between it and Turkey. Ithica could be represented between Italy and Greece. Some islands near Venice. Also, if an island was added 2S1E of Marseilles, it could represent Corsica (which is French).
• Caribbean
Adding islands around Cuba, more around the Bahamas, and more around the Lesser Antilles.
• Japan
Adding islands south of Tokyo would boost it's poor production and represent Kashima-nada and Izu-shoto

I'm very liberal when it comes to the island feature, as I think it boosts cities where they need to be boosted: High populations with little land.

Moorish spawn in 3000bc starts should be conditional on carthage being dead or unstable. Or perhaps limited to a Cordoba spawn without flipping the maghreb.

While we're on the topic of Classical spawns, I have a suggestion. Byzantines. As the Eastern Roman Empire, I think they shouldn't flip territory that Rome isn't in control of. It's a little annoying playing as Persia/Babylon/etc that you either have to give up the Levant or be forced into a war; from a historical perspective it makes no sense that the Eastern Roman Empire is made up of things never conquered by Rome. Perhaps have Constantinople flip by default (for stability reasons) but not Greece or Phoenicia if they are otherwise controlled. It would add a little more randomness into Byzantine 3000BC starts too :)

Pretend that -is- Rome attacking you and winning.

If that didn't happen you'd cake-walk over them.

I think islands need to be put in many places. Islands, I feel, are underutilized as they allow many low production places to be slightly buffed.

• Denmark
Of course, Denmark is largely islands. I suggest 1E, 1NE, and 1S of Copenhagen.
• Scotland
The Hebrides (NW Scotland) are not represented, and also Orkey could be moved south so it could be in Edinburgh's fat cross.
• Isle of Mann
Having an island 1E of Dublin could represent the Isle of Mann, and boost Dublin's pathetic production.
• Sweden
Gotland could be represented by being 2S1E of Stockholm.
• Mediterranean
Of course, Greece needs tons of islands between it and Turkey. Ithica could be represented between Italy and Greece. Some islands near Venice. Also, if an island was added 2S1E of Marseilles, it could represent Corsica (which is French).
• Caribbean
Adding islands around Cuba, more around the Bahamas, and more around the Lesser Antilles.
• Japan
Adding islands south of Tokyo would boost it's poor production and represent Kashima-nada and Izu-shoto

I'm very liberal when it comes to the island feature, as I think it boosts cities where they need to be boosted: High populations with little land.

On the topic of islands the mountain in the Carribean representing Guadeloupe (?) should either be a settlable tile or an island feature. We've been slowly getting rid of the single tile mountain islands around the map and this one always stuck out as an eyesore.

Could Anti-Tanks upgrade to Gunships as well as Mechanized Infantry because both Anti-Tanks and Gunships are Anti-Armor units.

In BTS Espionage is a tool used against other civilizations, therefore naming national espionage wonder as "Interpol" is somewhat odd. If anything Interpol represents a world wonder of international collaboration, Interpol offices in different countries do not help those countries to spy on each other. In analogy with the generic "National Gallery" Great Spy could build "National Secret Service" National Wonder.

Does nobody have a problem with superfluous workers? Because I do. There always comes a point where you just have a lot of them lying around doing nothing, especially when you conquer and capture ever more while not gaining any unimproved land. I think that's a shame. Hence I propose that some improvement consumes workers upon completion. I'm thinking cottages are he most obvious candidate.

Think about it: You are standing at the precipice of the Indutrial Revolution, there's workshops and farms everywhere, but you are already getting more food and production than you could ever need and have a lot of workers lying around, what do you do? Why, consume them for cottages! This would incidentally keep players from building a large number of cottages too early, leading to massive urbanization when it is historically appropriate.

While we're on the topic of Classical spawns, I have a suggestion. Byzantines. As the Eastern Roman Empire, I think they shouldn't flip territory that Rome isn't in control of. It's a little annoying playing as Persia/Babylon/etc that you either have to give up the Levant or be forced into a war; from a historical perspective it makes no sense that the Eastern Roman Empire is made up of things never conquered by Rome. Perhaps have Constantinople flip by default (for stability reasons) but not Greece or Phoenicia if they are otherwise controlled. It would add a little more randomness into Byzantine 3000BC starts too :)

I vaguely recall getting into a very long debate with Leoreth over a year ago about this. I wish you more luck than I had.

Oh hey, if there's good reasons not do it there's good reasons not to do it. I've had way less time with this mod than Leoreth and almost every other person here, so I'm happy to have it ignored if it's been considered and rejected already. Not about to trawl back through every development thread to see if they've been brought up before anyway XD

Mongols with Bombards in 1190 AD look a little ... less than Mongols. I can understand that AI needs them for any success against China, but still starting with Bombards looks too anachronistic. Mongol UP and UU in principle allow Mongols to be unique in using no siege units at all (at the start). But if they must start with some -- famed Trebuchet would look much more historical...

Link to video.

I would like to see optional rules.

Examples:

5 UHVs for everyone and you only have to complete 3 to win. Some UHVs are just no fun.

Only mongol units can enter sibiria until atronomy or whatever to block trade if you want and this rule turned off for those who don't want to block trade.

Is that possible?

bye Myri

It's possible to do this, yes.

UHVs are really hard so perhabs game could remain challenging but also more fun if there are multiple UHVs.

TBH I don't like both ideas. Completeing 100% of UHV goals is better.
As for the east-west trade, units shouldn't be able to explore outside cutlural borders. So China can still reach Byzantium, but through India, not Siberia.

Only mongol units can enter sibiria until atronomy or whatever to block trade if you want and this rule turned off for those who don't want to block trade.

Is that possible?

bye Myri

I like it. Many of our strategies are based on tech exchange with China/Korea, so it would shake up things taking care of historical accuracy (no way to reach Eastern Asia but sea or Silk Road until Modern Era).

Top Bottom