Suggestions and Requests

Why does everyone hate mighty Britannia so much!? There should be no Canadian civ, no Australian civ, no South African civ, only mighty Britannia ruling the waves!

Maybe because the British empire is long gone?

By your logic we shouldn't include USA either :p

Maybe because the British empire is long gone?

By your logic we shouldn't include USA either :p

America and India are fine as independent civs, because they actually are, and their moments of attaining statehood were filled with violent uprisings and fighting, while Australia and Canada got their states much more gradually, and still have deep ties with London, hell they still bow down to their silly figurehead of a monarch.

England just adopted Egalitarianism, for gameplay purposes Canada and Australia are still part of it, or we might as well just add Sparta, Thebes, Athens, Corinth and Macedonia as their own civs if civics don't account for indirect rule as well.

I thought Canada was implemented only to give America a challenge towards the North. Not much of a challenge but still one regardless :p

I thought Canada was implemented only to give America a challenge towards the North. Not much of a challenge but still one regardless :p

I thought it was the opposite, intended to make the first UHV easier since you now don't have to conquer all those English cities and can just have the Canadian spawn take care of it.

What's next? Palestinians? Don't you think we have too many civs at it is? You already ruined 'Murrica and most Western Europeans with all those unnecessary post-colonial civs in the Americas, and poor China has to give up part of its sovereign soil to those lama monk guys. At this point I am dreading the inclusion of civs like Ukraine, Belarus and Kazhakstan.

If you don't want them, you can always disable them. (except Canada)

If you don't want them, you can always disable them. (except Canada)

What!? But Canada is the most pointless post-colonial civ of all! I can understand Brazil and Argentina, but now you tell me Canada is the one that's non-optional? What kinda logic is that?

I thought it was the opposite, intended to make the first UHV easier since you now don't have to conquer all those English cities and can just have the Canadian spawn take care of it.

Makes sense too, all I remember is that you can have an OP america by taking some Canadian city points (then again you can have that without Canada too)

If we're on pointless colonial civs, Argentina really seems kinda useless IMO. I don't have anything against Argentina IRL ofc but they only occupy like 1-2 cities in the entire map and their UHV isn't even that fun. Maybe some cool boost to Argentina could help it out :)

I second the idea of getting rid of Canada. Its a weak civ that adds nothing to gameplay and only discourages settling the Canadian area. Rather having the Harappans or Polynesians as compulsory civs sound much better.

As for the Latin American nations, I would agree with keeping them but making their spawns conditional. A modernizing liberal Spain with good stability shouldn't have to undergo this event.

Polynesia compulsory with Canada and other post-colonial civs being conditional seems like a good compromise. :)

Another suggestion - the 'liberation' mechanic could use some work. Lets say I conquer all of the Egyptian cities off someone, then decide to release them to an extinct Egypt. I should have the option of releasing them as a vassal or as an independent civ.

There also seems to be some issues with the liberation side on conquering - in this scenario I released the top two cities from Egypt's core to them, the bottom two in the core were still owned by Russia. Conquered them, but never got an option to return them to Egypt, had to gift them via the trading screen. Seems something screwy going on there - maybe due to there being no Egyptian culture in the cities? The liberation option should be available based on core territory as well as culture.

What!? But Canada is the most pointless post-colonial civ of all! I can understand Brazil and Argentina, but now you tell me Canada is the one that's non-optional? What kinda logic is that?

For once we agree.
I really don't think any more Civilisations should be added, the missing Civs that deserve to be represented would be in extremely crowded areas. I lived in Australia for years and I definitely didn't notice any real difference between it and the other Anglophone countries. Isn't it the world's only major nation to still have another country's flag in the corner?

On Civ respawns, I really think the Greek respawn mod should be added to the main game. It plays extremely well for the human at least. An Egyptian respawn-UHV would be very easy too.

The biggest flaw in RoC from the beginning has always been how dependent the human has to be on exploring for contact with unrealisticly distant civs. Roman tech-trade with China anyone?

The biggest flaw in RoC from the beginning has always been how dependent the human has to be on exploring for contact with unrealisticly distant civs. Roman tech-trade with China anyone?

To be fair, I think that has been decently addressed by making a trade connection be required for tech trading now.

Now that the number of possible civilizations has been decoupled from a set number of slots, and the process of making them has been made significantly easier, I wonder if people (Leoreth or other mod-modders) would be interested in adding some of the long-awaited civilizations that have been proposed before?

Possible new civilizations might include:
  • Turkic or Central Asian civilization
  • Celtic (either central European or British) civilization
  • Native American civilization(s) -- possibly an early Mississippian civ and/or Inuit civs, probably a Sioux and/or Iroquois civ that spawn around the time of European colonization
  • Aborigine (indigenous Australian) civilization
  • Sumerian civilization (that competes and is supplanted by a later-spawning Babylon)
  • Zulu or South African civilization
I have quite a few ideas for these, but I also know that most of these were subject to considerable discussion in previous threads, so I'll just open things up to start.

[EDIT] Don't want to forget another much-discussed civ: either spawning the current Russian civ at Kiev with an auto-built palace in Moscow at some point after the Mongol conquest), or giving that Russian civ a much later spawn date (either 1283 as a vassal of the Golden Horde, or 1547 as an independent Tsardom) and adding a new Kievan Rus civ with its capital at Kiev.

[EDIT] I also don't want to forget the proposal to add a 'Golden Horde' civilization with its capital at Sarai on the Volga river, near modern-day Volgograd. Lots of potential there.

Currently, civs are still rather tightly tied to slots, for instance every civ still has a very specific slot. There is still some rewriting to do to reduce the overall number of slots and have a different set of civs occupy them based on development of the game.

For once we agree.
I lived in Australia for years and I definitely didn't notice any real difference between it and the other Anglophone countries. Isn't it the world's only major nation to still have another country's flag in the corner?

Australians overlooking New Zealand yet again.

For once we agree.
I really don't think any more Civilisations should be added, the missing Civs that deserve to be represented would be in extremely crowded areas. I lived in Australia for years and I definitely didn't notice any real difference between it and the other Anglophone countries. Isn't it the world's only major nation to still have another country's flag in the corner?

On Civ respawns, I really think the Greek respawn mod should be added to the main game. It plays extremely well for the human at least. An Egyptian respawn-UHV would be very easy too.

New Zealand still have the Union Jack, although they mightn't be considered major, also several smaller nations. The difference you perceived between the nations is irrelevant, you could probably argue that the entire Anglosphere could be represented by the US alone if thats your thinking.

I'm just going to pipe in and say that I'm firmly in the keep Canada camp. And I greatly resent the implication, as a Canadian, that we're somehow still an extension of the United Kingdom.

I've never seen the queen or bowed to any monarch. The version of God Save the Queen most of us know the words to is by the Sex Pistols.

Yeah I like that Canada's in the game, but they could have a bit more fun UHV. I got no ideas myself sadly but we shouldn't remove the civilization. I get not including South Africa and Australia because human players colonize that area and it would kind of be a disadvantage, but Canada is a huge country in the modern world and the land that Canada occupies isn't really that OP so having it in the game doesn't ruin anyone's strategies.

Plus adding Canada then taking it out of the game is kind of a :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :) you to the Canadian DoC players

Edit: Apparently :) replaces that word. You get my point tho

Why does anyone think that it is even remotely likely that Canada (or any other civ) will be removed? Have I missed something? Because to me it seems that Leoreth is planning changes that will "easily" enable having several gajillion new civs.

Top Bottom