suggestions for a contemprorary map based on 1940 map

ash874

Warlord
1. delete many cities and reposition them.
no point in building such a large map with cities one tile away from each other
i personally think it sucks

also it will cut pc time in half. remember that most of us cant even play this map as it is now.
2. connect alaska and russia. and australia to indonesia and asia

the AI sucks at continents. all you get is an unrealistic experience. if you play with iraq than the US does not matter at all.
in fact i would go further and place south america adjacent to africa and north america adjacent to europe. like it used to be millions of years ago.
a serious decline in the realism yet a very serious improvement in the game.

3. no settlers and no razing cities.
4. the biggest problem in the game balance is russia. cut most of its cities and just assign the tiles to culturally belong to russia.
5. find a way to put a cap on maximum population to each city.

russia today has one third of the US population but in this game usually russia end's up having half the population of the world and becomes completely impossible to face.

6. nukes should be scary. a nuke should kill all units in a tile and make the city barbarian with 1 population (since no razing allowed).

accordingly the AI should fear nukes more.
7. add israel

8. set relations carefully so that the AI will act according to the reality. for instance it would be strange to see the US attack the UK.

if anyone with knowledge thinks these suggestions are interesting than with genghis' permission (which i hope he gives) i would love to help working on these changes.

Top Bottom