1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for Ottoman UHV1

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by AtlantaMarty, Mar 30, 2019.

1. AtlantaMarty

AtlantaMarty No longer active

Currently, the Ottoman UHV1 is a mad scramble for conquest with no margin for error whatsoever, which is frustrating. I have some suggestions

1. Please change the goal to "Control Constantinople and ensure no other civ controls a city in the Balkans", since Bosnia never has a city in it, which leaves the Ottoman player needing to protect a settler and get him to Bosnia, which makes no sense historically. This way, you would still have to conquer all of the Balkans, but you wouldn't have to settle cities extraneously.
    2. Please change it from 3 years/turn to 2 years/turn (but I think this is already planned). That way, you'd have more time to complete the conquest goal, which would reduce the mad scramble aspect of it and leave a little margin for bad luck (strong Bulgaria/Byzantines/Hungary or Venice owning a lot of Balkan cities)
    IMHO, ideal turn/time scale would be
    3 years/turn: 500-800 (100 turns)
    2 years/turn: 800-1700 (450 turns)
    1 year/turn: 1700-1800 (100 turns)

For a total of 650 turns

3. Please do something about stability, since conquering this quickly always leads to being unstable.

2. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

I agree to some extent. Bosnia is really a pain: conquer foreing territory, raze ragusa, build new city before having core provinces secured.

Imo the biggest problem is the timurid invasion, as a player you barely have unit production when it starts, existing troops are dameged/far away from central turkey. And they are reckless and numerous. Thus greatly halting your east invasion and give huge setbacks. Game mechanics limiting in this lategame to do what the ottomans did historicaly.

AtlantaMarty likes this.
  3. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Sounds like you are talking about older UHVs.
    During the development for 1.6 it was changed:

4. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

Technically the Ottomans did oversee a massive urbanization boom in the Balkans though. So building new cities as the Ottomans in the Balkans does make sense.