1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for RFCE 2.0

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by AtlantaMarty, Jan 11, 2014.

1. AtlantaMarty

AtlantaMarty No longer active

1. Include all the civs from RFCE++, and also Ireland, Wales, Armenia, Georgia, Wallachia, Moldavia, and Khazaria.

2. Have a map that includes all of Scandinavia, goes to the shores of the Caspian Sea, and includes a little more of Africa

3. Use the blank SoI Engine (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=477417) It makes provinces (and everything) easier to code, includes better terrain graphics, and more terrain and resource types. Even if you do not want the extra terrains/resources ingame, leaving them in would be nice for modders. It also includes speed and diplomacy improvements.

4. Allow civ switching more than once

5. Make the Islamic holy city Baghdad (if the map extends that far)

Love RFCE++, and excited for RFCE2.0!!!

2. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Ireland and Wales were far too fragmented to be shown as an actual civ (remember, civs actually represent polities in RFCE). Wallachia and Moldovia are too small and insignificant to be represented except as independents (seriously, do you want to play a two-city civ?) Armenia and Georgia are planned, and Khazaria has been seriously discussed; there's good cases for all of them. The map is planned to extend more or less to Mesopotamia (Baghdad would of course be the Islamic holy city), and Egypt will be enlarged, but I think extending the map to map all of Scandinavia is a bit ambitious; certainly, it would be interesting, but late-game RFCE is already slow enough as it is and quite frankly nothing really happened up there. And I think that switching to the SoI engine at this point in the mod's life (remember, a lot of work has been done on this already) would simply not be worth all the trouble. As for civ switching... well, that's not something I really care about. :p

3. AtlantaMarty

An Irish civ (even if it doesnt represent a polity) is better than having britain settle Ireland, which is not only inaccurate, but INCREDIBLY offensive. Ireland was independent, and was wrongfully conquered and colonized. It would be like having Germany settle Poland and France.

Ill do a poll on Ireland to see if they are wanted.

4. AtlantaMarty

Also, the mod should start in 476 AD (the fall of the Roman Empire)

5. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Well, there really isn't much difference between 476 and 500 AD anyway. It makes more sense for the Franks/French though, since they didn't occupy the "core" of France until about 486.

6. awesome

awesome Meme Lord

I'd artist like to see these civilizations, too, especially the Welsh.
    And Switzerland.

7. Alexander_Cw

Alexander_Cw Chieftain

I am waiting for including more Russian principalities (for example Galicia-Volhynia, Vladimir-Suzdal) and German civilizations (for example Bavaria, Ulm, without "united" Kingdom of Germany!).

8. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

If only RFCE was still in development...

9. Alexander_Cw

Alexander_Cw Chieftain

I believe RFCE 2.0 is in development.

10. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Seeing as the last SVN commit was in November (and the last one by the main modder was nearly a year ago) and that the last post by the main modder was last January (while already having largely stopped posting by last October), I would say that this mod is probably not in development at the moment.

11. srpt

srpt Deist

I would love to do it, if absinthered doesn't want to or doesn't have time and if a couple of other people would help.

12. The Southerner

The Southerner Warlord

You're some kind of hero my man.

13. Askiya

Askiya Warlord

I can help.

14. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

Cant you guys release the SVN in current version? It would be nice for all the people that do not wish to learn how to use SVN, not that it´s difficult...

15. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I will also help. Like I did before Absint left.

16. Spirictum

Spirictum Immortal

Long time absent from RFCE, and RFCE 2.0 is still being debated.

Oh, good to see you here Merijn.

What happened to Absinthe? I had some problems last year and so I just returned to CFC earlier this year.

BTW, I have seen that discussion in the LH forum with Novator, what a messy stuff! That had anything to do with Absinthe missing?

If I get the time I may give some help here too, I'm finally starting to learn some programming stuff (XML and the source files, not python).

17. danslav

danslav Chieftain

Greetings everyone.

IMHO, no matter who will work on the next installment of the mod, we should decide what features to include first, 'cause, you know, there were so much suggestions about new civs and rule changes and mechanics and so on...

What's on the to do list? What's the state of the new map? How long is the civ list?

Absolutely no offence, sincerely, big fan of RFCE and RFCE++:thanx:

18. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

You mean for RFCE2.0? No to do list yet. Now new map yet. No civ list yet.

19. danslav

danslav Chieftain

And that's what I'm trying to say.

Everyone is willing to help, but no one know what to do.

I'm not by any means pushing straight into active, rapid and time consuming development, but, hey, it's been, like, eras since last update and yet there is absolutely no plan/description/whatever

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. I think it's time to make it.

And again, it's only my opinion, no pressure

20. Askiya

Askiya Warlord

There are several threads and posts about things to include in RFCE 2.0. We should consolidate them and then vote on each of them.