Suggestions to Firaxis/Aspyr for Hotseat

Would you like to see the OPTION for Leader, Wonder, and other animations to be enabled for hotseat?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AtlantisAuthor

Chieftain
Having been fortunate enough to try some hotseat multiplayer matches of Civ VI with friends and family, I have to say it's by far the best feature the developers decided to include. It's been fairly simple to teach to everyone and they all really seem to like it, and of course different individuals have very different approaches, which this series excels at accommodating with its multiple victory conditions.

That said, there are a few things I'd love for the devs to consider patching in, if at all possible. I'll break them down by bullet points here:

1) Include the option to enable Leader animations as well as those for Wonders and Natural Wonders. I've lost count of how many times we've all missed the fact we'd either met another Civ, passed a Natural Wonder, and so on because the "sped up", dialogue-free UI simply doesn't do a good job of relaying that information (it's "below the fold" behind the Triangle button, and it's very easy to forget to check it for updates when the next person is waiting anxiously for their turn). And besides, those animations offer a lot in terms of immersion, from the Leaders speaking in their own language to seeing the Wonders going up; details like that have been huge selling points in the past that prompted friends and relatives to purchase their own copies of games. While later matches would likely be played with some/all of the animations turned off in the interest of expedience, this option would go a long way toward enhancing the initial impression for players who otherwise would have never tried the single-player mode.

2) From what I've seen so far the PS4 version (and I'm assuming the others) only allows for one controller to be shared and passed around between players. It would be great to enable multiple controllers to help lessen the "down time" spent passing one controller around. By the way, if there is in fact a way to enable multiple controllers already, please feel free to let me know how to do it.

3) For some reason the music appears to cycle almost exclusively between just the human players' themes even if there are a bunch of AI players present. This can get monotonous quickly and one friend ended up asking me to turn the music volume down/off. This would definitely be a good thing for the devs to fix if possible; there are so many great themes in the game to be heard and appreciated.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Last edited:
I play mostly hot seat. I tried the game on the switch and this prompted me to buy a one X only to play civ VI. Thus i welcome any improvements to the hot seat experience.

Top Bottom