1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suicidal AI

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by 99wattr89, Jul 6, 2009.

1. 99wattr89

99wattr89 Warlord

I'm playing the Earth 18 map at the moment, and I control all of the World, with only India holding out. I declared war on Asoka and immediately launched approximately 300 nukes which wiped out every single unit he had and reduced every city he held to 1 or 2 population.

After that I started capturing cities, and took his capital and about ten others. His WW was now about 1700.

Since his territory was still pretty big and I was so bored I decided to just demand capitulation. My score was about 9000, his was about 1000 and given that he was bound to lose I thought he'd be only too happy to capitulate.

But no, he demanded that I give him my cities as a peace offering!

After I took a few more of his cities his demands went up!

Can anyone tell me what's going on here? It's incredibly frustrating becaue I'm sick of this game already but it's taking hours to kill this *******.

2. Yared

Yared That Guy

Just raze his new Capital and ask again. Continue on 'till he's been "persuaded" enough.

3. 99wattr89

99wattr89 Warlord

I razed every city he had.

He was down to one city, on tundra, 1 population, no units, no buildings, every tile around him fallout.

I asked what the price for peace would be, he asked for my second best city.

4. Racsoviale

Racsoviale Smoke me a kipper!

If he is the last free civ I dont believe it is possible to vassalize him.

5. Yared

Yared That Guy

Read post #2 :p :lol:

6. Xellos-_^

Xellos-_^ Prince

i had that same problem with Mansa once and he wasn't the last AI left. i had beaten every stack of his with a kill ratio of 9:1. I had like 600units and i am not even counting the naval and air units. Just land units number in the 600. I had taken like 10 of his cities and i want end the war at the time to recover form the war wearniess and to rebuilt the cities i had taken. when i ask what the peace term mansa wanted one of his cities back :hmm:

7. reverend oats

reverend oats King

What reason did he give?
    eg "You must be joking"
    or "We're afraid of your enemies"

8. 99wattr89

99wattr89 Warlord

In my case I had literally 0 losses thanks to a huge tech lead, and I had nuked him so much that he has NO units left.

I'm starting to suspect an overflow of the War Weariness integer - this happened the last time I hit someone with 300+ nukes as well.

What's really wierd is that the more cities I took, the greater his demands got!

I think it was 'We're doing fine on our own.'.
    To put that in context, he had only one city left, 1 population, no buildings, no workable tiles, no units and there was a huge stack next to him.

9. Birdman6

Birdman6 Warlord

If he was down to 1 city why didn't you just take it and destroy his civilization?

10. 99wattr89

99wattr89 Warlord

You seem to have missed the point I'm afraid.

I had been trying to get him to capitulate for about 100 turns because I was sick of the game but he had a lot of land. What I was saying there is that he refused to capitulate even if he had abolutely no chance of survival.

11. DementedAvenger

DementedAvenger Prince

Reconcile.

12. 99wattr89

99wattr89 Warlord

Bother to read my previous posts.

13. Yared

Yared That Guy

While we are off-topic, just exactly how did India(!!!!!) of all civs get access to tundra? It's crushed between both Persia and China/Japan...

14. 99wattr89

99wattr89 Warlord

It wasn't crushed between them, it just crushed them and took all the land north of India.

15. Yared

Yared That Guy

Asoka crushed Cyrus ANDD the China mONsTER?? Damn XD No wonder he doesnt wanna be ur vassal.

16. 99wattr89

99wattr89 Warlord

It probably helped that I wiped out their SODs when they went to war with me.

17. Isikien

Isikien WHOA

This sounds mental. Interesting though, probably either a bug or the AI's way of sticking their middle finger up at you.

18. Birdman6

Birdman6 Warlord

We did read your posts. It's sort of unreasonable to solicit help and then snap at those who offer it. We're unclear about the situation you described and we'd just like some clarification. I realize you're asking about capitulation and my question is a bit off track, but it's a valid question nonetheless.

19. 99wattr89

99wattr89 Warlord

I was responding to his rudeness in demanding that I 'reconcile'.
    I wasn't rude to you at all.

And you both clearly didn't read my first post properly, so intead of explaining yet again I'll just repost it.

"After that I started capturing cities, and took his capital and about ten others. His WW was now about 1700.

Since his territory was still pretty big and I was so bored I decided to just demand capitulation. My score was about 9000, his was about 1000 and given that he was bound to lose I thought he'd be only too happy to capitulate.

But no, he demanded that I give him my cities as a peace offering!

After I took a few more of his cities his demands went up!"

The final result being;

"I razed every city he had.

He was down to one city, on tundra, 1 population, no units, no buildings, every tile around him fallout.

I asked what the price for peace would be, he asked for my second best city. "

20. LegionSteve

LegionSteve Motörhead

I used to see these suicidal AIs that won't capitulate sometimes when I first got BtS. I haven't seen it happen recently though. I wonder if something got changed in a patch. What version are you using?