Suitcase nuke

Papa Smurf

Chieftain
:nuke: On the box my BTS came in it says there are suitcase nukes in the game

how do u get one??
on the espionage screen it doesnt say how many points u need; because im guessing its a mission. In most of the games ive played now the U.N votes for no nukes but does this hav any affect on suitcase nukes

ARE THERE ANY IN THE GAME

There's none in the main game. I don't know about all the mods that come with it. The only nukes in the main game are ICBMs and tactical nukes.

Suitcase nukes would be pretty fun. ICBMs are a waste of hammers after the SDI is built, and tactical nukes are good for laying waste enemy stacks but they lack the range to hit enemy core cities. Suitcase nukes would be usefull for destroying an enemy's economy post SDI. Maybe they should also negate the effect of nuclear bomb shelters as people wouldn't have time to get into them?

It shows a mechanized infantry attacking like a transformer too. :lol:

Suitcase nukes would be pretty fun. ICBMs are a waste of hammers after the SDI is built, and tactical nukes are good for laying waste enemy stacks but they lack the range to hit enemy core cities. Suitcase nukes would be usefull for destroying an enemy's economy post SDI. Maybe they should also negate the effect of nuclear bomb shelters as people wouldn't have time to get into them?

Sounds like a good idea. You could give them a chance of success as well, considering how terrorists tend to get caught doing these things. Increased espionage spending to stop it would work too.

The guy on the box has a nuclear-related poison for the water system is my guess

Wait, aren't suitcase nukes in Next War? Load up the Next War mod and see if there are suitcase nukes. If you want to play a normal game with the Next War units and tech tree, just go to single player, then custom mod, then choose Next War. It'll load up, but then you have to click back to get to the normal game options.

I'm afraid to say they aren't.

And given how much the AI loves espionage that could only be a good thing

Yes, send in the suitcases!

I'm afraid to say they aren't.

And given how much the AI loves espionage that could only be a good thing

Exactly - I hate to think of an AI with such subversive power. Aren't suitcase nukes associated with terrorists anyway? Civ is supposed to be a civilized game! Anyway, they weren't mentioned on my UK box.

It wasn't mentioned as such, it was on the cover picture, the spy had a suitcase with a nuclear trefoil (I have the UK box too)

Exactly - I hate to think of an AI with such subversive power. Aren't suitcase nukes associated with terrorists anyway? Civ is supposed to be a civilized game! Anyway, they weren't mentioned on my UK box.

You don't get much more terroristy than poisoning the watersupply. Isn't that like the granddaddy of terrorist acts? So at least I don't see that as a reason to not include them. But suitcase nukes does seem a mite too strong to include.

In Civ II if you used a suitcase nuke against a person you weren't at war with and got caught everybody around the world would declare war upon you and your reputation would suffer greatly. If you were at war with him, your relations with everybody else would suffer a little, but nobody else would declare war on you.

Sounds like having a world war against you if you're caught is a good punishment. Now getting the AI to understand the consequences could be tricky...

In Civ II if you used a suitcase nuke against a person you weren't at war with and got caught everybody around the world would declare war upon you and your reputation would suffer greatly. If you were at war with him, your relations with everybody else would suffer a little, but nobody else would declare war on you.

Sounds like having a world war against you if you're caught is a good punishment. Now getting the AI to understand the consequences could be tricky...

Yeah if you're going to become a terrorist then you might as well have a war on terror fought against you! It would be fine that way...but as you say, the AI can be rather trigger happy sometimes and forget the consequences.

Bring lots of nukes. All kinds of nukes. Suitcase nukes, tactical Nukes, Enormous Nukes, Dragon Nukes (couse dragons are damn cool), Handcarried Nuke, Stationary Nuke (?), SS Nuke, whatever.. As long as they are aplenty.
:nuke: - :nuke: - :nuke: - :nuke: - :nuke: - :nuke: - :nuke: - :nuke: - :nuke: - :nuke:
Ignore the title of this reply.

Top Bottom