Sukritact's Cartography Outline

I would probably switch to a normal font instead of the arabic-esque one for the city names, and maybe darken / desaturate the colours a bit. Otherwise it's looking pretty good

EDIT: Also if you're showing both current and previous holdings then it would probably be good to chuck a key in somewhere

I would personally recommend using that Arabic-esque font for labeling the terrain (Cordoba, Former Holdings, Atlantic Ocean, etc), and use a different, more distinct font for the city names.

My latest effort... I plan to make a few maps from this one> Strathclyde and Dalriata will be easy created being in the same geographical area.

Spoiler :

Map_Picts_Large.jpg

That's nice! You should darken the ocean a bit and decrease the distance of the drop shadow because if the islands. Don't outline the font, make it all white or any other colour but only one colour. Use drop shadows on the fonts. Instead of the Stonehenge , use a design like you did for the others, what about their language script? And please post the edited version here :)

The embellishments you used for the greens are awesome, same for the animals. Great job with those rivers! Don't forget arc your font text where it will look nice. The bend will work for all of the territory names, some more than others! Excellent map and good luck :):)

Thanks for the advice. I will certainly tone down the drop shadow and see how using drp shadows works on the fonts. The labels actually are curved but obviously not enough.

I may keep stonehenge as the UI for the civ is a stone circle so I thought it fitting. I will also revisit the ocean colour... I had it darker but thought the contrast with the pict colours was not stark enough. I do not want to change the map colour as it is meant to match the civ.

I will see if I can find a civ appropriate font... there ought to be somthing out there.

I'll post the adjusted map later.

If anyone wants to edit any of my maps for their own use I have the layered gimp files at request.

Thanks.

Top Bottom