1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sukritact's Civarium

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Civilizations & Leaders' started by sukritact, Oct 20, 2016.

1. IanMusic

IanMusic Chieftain

WOW this Iceland mod is incredible! I can't believe how much it resembles an official release. I know everyone's been saying that, but jeeze.

Has anyone made music for this yet? (Is that even possible in Civ 6, programming-wise?)

WELL I was inspired so I made a little recording today of an Icelandic folk song, sort of done in Civ 6's ancient soundtrack style. I can try medieval next if people are interested :)

http://picosong.com/wcjAJ/

The song is Tröllaslagur, a song about slaying a troll, apparently.

2. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

It's possible, but a bit problematic at the moment unfortunately (basically the game gets angry if there's more than one civ with modded music, hopefully something Firaxis will fix eventually). This is really cool stuff though, would be awesome to hear more!

IanMusic likes this.
  3. IanMusic

IanMusic Chieftain

Well, for fun, here's a try at the medieval Iceland music, incorporating a second folk tune and more Viking sounds!

http://picosong.com/wcZ49/

Meluhhan, God of Kings and sukritact like this.
  4. sukritact

Guandao and 679x like this.
  5. 679x

679x Chieftain

Woah!! I just saw this on the workshop and dang, it looks beautiful, as if it were an official part of the game. Just like your Iceland civ, lol.
    How difficult even is it to make these 3D natural wonder models?

6. dukisha

dukisha Chieftain

WHY don't you upload your mods here like everybody else?!

7. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

If only the OP answered this very question...

8. BenZL43

BenZL43 Physician - still can't spell this correctly.

Good idea, probably that FAQ should be included in the opening post. Poor sukritact, even we readers are tired to see that question popping up :')

9. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Actually not too difficult. You can make the basic TerrainElement (a hand-crafted piece of terrain) using only three 2D texture images - a Heightmap, a Blendmap (which controls how the Heightmap blends with the surrounding terrain) and an ID map which controls which parts of the TerrainElement are "painted" with each different TerrainMaterial (Grassland, Plains, Mountain, etc). You can also add Clutter (trees, rocks, bushes, etc) or other 3D models if you want. You can create custom Decal textures if you want to do something more specific than just use existing TerrainMaterials. You can also add visual effects quite easily such as clouds, smoke, fire.

Overall the Civ 6 terrain system is much more modable than Civ 5 which will bode well for total conversions provided they release the DLL source code.

679x likes this.
  10. 679x

679x Chieftain

That's pretty cool! I oughta try it out sometime.

11. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Yeah, I want to do a Terrain guide at some point when I get the chance.

679x likes this.
  12. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

My entire point was that the OP does answer the question, but no-one ever reads OPs anyway so /shrug

13. BenZL43

BenZL43 Physician - still can't spell this correctly.

I just saw this comment on steam after Suki releases the newer version of Ethiopia. I wonder if he had followed up that guy's comment.

14. AndySafik

AndySafik Chieftain

Polish translation for Sukritact's Ingolfur Arnarson (Iceland)

Attached Files:

15. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

Hi Suk.

I'm seeing an error message related to the Gauls in lua.log

Spoiler :

Runtime Error: C:\Users\Joakim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Sukritact's Vercingetorix (Gaul) (v3)\Lua\Suk_Vercingetorix_CoreFunctions.lua:84: attempt to index a nil value
    stack traceback:
    C:\Users\Joakim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Sukritact's Vercingetorix (Gaul) (v3)\Lua\Suk_Vercingetorix_CoreFunctions.lua:84: in function 'ProcessOathswornCombat'
    C:\Users\Joakim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Sukritact's Vercingetorix (Gaul) (v3)\Lua\Suk_Vercingetorix_CoreFunctions.lua:112: in function 'OnCombat'
    [C]: in function 'func'
    [C]: in function '(anonymous)'

Using other mods, so it might just be a mod conflict.

\Skodkim

16. racha

racha Chieftain

When I disable all mods except Argentina:

Code:
    [1771104.232] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
    [1771112.684] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
    [1771136.113] [Gameplay] ERROR: near "INSERT": syntax error
    [1771136.183] [Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
    [1771136.183] [Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
    [1771136.183] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [1771136.188] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on DynamicModifiers.EffectType - "EFFECT_ADJUST_UNIT_NO_MOVE_TERRAIN" does not exist in Types
    [1771136.196] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on TraitModifiers.ModifierId - "LEU_SANMARTIN_EXPANSION_HATER" does not exist in Modifiers
    [1771136.199] [Gameplay]: Failed Validation.
    [1771138.472] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [1771138.473] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
    [1771139.063] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context

I've tried un-subscribing, shutting down steam and then re-subscribing to the mod and starting back up with the same result.

Originally, I thought I'd found the issue with syntax error near INSERT:

Code:
    INSERT INTO RequirementSetRequirements
           (RequirementSetId,                       RequirementId)
    VALUES   ('LEUGENDA_HAS_HIGH_MOUNTED_UNITS',       'REQUIRES_MAJOR_CIV_OPPONENT'),
           ('LEUGENDA_HAS_HIGH_MOUNTED_UNITS',       'REQUIRES_MET_10_TURNS_AGO'),
           ('LEUGENDA_HAS_HIGH_MOUNTED_UNITS',       'LEU_ARG_REQUIRES_HIGH_MOUNTED'),

That last comma should be a semi-colon. However, the same syntax error message persists after fixing that typo.

17. sukritact

Um.... I didn't make Argentina @racha

18. racha

racha Chieftain

:facepalm:

You, Leuigi, JFD and a few others all merge into one great blob of mod goodness. I'm going to go away and feel stupid now. :cry:

19. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Chieftain

Hey Sukritact, I love your work, especially Iceland! Thanks for releasing it.

I think I have noticed a small problem (which you may be aware of, I'm not sure). It seems Iceland's natural wonder major adjacency bonus is not triggering on some modded natural wonders. Specifically ones added by Terra Mirabilis: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1461463960&searchtext=natural+wonder

In Terra Mirabilis, all natural wonders (both base ones like Yoesmite, and ones that mod adds)

Here is a screeshot of Iceland trying to place a campus by a non-modded wonder (the Icelandic volcano, appropriately...)

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....593/9A253D88101C4B749E0C6FC7DA52C6E7F6B2959A/

You can see the +4 science (two tiles of major adjacency, from your mod) stacks with the +2 science (two tiles of minor adjacency, from terra mirabilis)

However here, I try to put a campus next to Lake Victoria, a natural wonder added by terra mirabilis. It also has two tiles of adjacency, but only gets the minor +2 bonus

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....834/56F9933080F79B9B788F204B34DB08A133B01A48/

I'm not sure if this problem is something in Terra Mirabilis, or something in Iceland. The wonders in Terra do give the eureka for astrology, so I guess they are properly "tagged" as natural wonders (if that's how civ 6 works? I'm just guessing).

Edit: I'm not sure if the modded NWs trigger the culture/gold/loyalty bonus, I forgot to check!

Edit2: I'm also not sure if the modded NWs YOU made like Tonle Sap work correctly. Actually I didn't see them spawn at all with Terra Mirabilis activated. The Terra Mirabilis page says it's compatible with your NWs, so I assume they will still spawn, but I was not lucky enough to see one of them, so I didn't check.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  20. WoodenThrone

WoodenThrone Chieftain

Question. Any plans for RED compatibility? Especially regarding unique units?