SUL5b - Competing Succession Game Teams

I have been real busy lately. Moved into a new house, coached by daughter's soccer team, had to go out of town for work (went to Pittsburgh and caught a cold :ack: ), too many things to put down. I will try and play again on this game this week.

Hi Infoman! Glad you are in your new home - must be a relief. :D We too have been coaching soccer so we know in this household how much time that takes. Business and travel, colds and viruses - cannot help those things. Hope you are feeling better. You too Stwils.

Again, good job :goodjob: with establishing peace, defending us from the Egpytians, getting the RRs connected. Have been wondering what the Persians will do next. I'll look for your game post when you have time - meanwhile I'm off to vote. :)

Hey Guys! I can't believe you're still playing this succession game! I've just recently returned to playing civ 3. Also, I lost the internet for like 8 months. I'm kinda rusty at Civ 3 now anyway. It's great that you've kept this game going!

Great to hear from you, VinCaiden! :D Jump in and play with us again.

Infoman, we are glad you are going to give those Persians their due when you have time to play.

We'll get there yet, team! Sorry I have contributed so little lately. I had eye surgery twice, and you do have to see the computer screen to play Civ3!!! But I am pretty much OK now.

Thanks mcdan and infoman for keeping us afloat. :)

stwils

stwils said:
Great to hear from you, VinCaiden! :D Jump in and play with us again.

Infoman, we are glad you are going to give those Persians their due when you have time to play.

We'll get there yet, team! Sorry I have contributed so little lately. I had eye surgery twice, and you do have to see the computer screen to play Civ3!!! But I am pretty much OK now.

Thanks mcdan and infoman for keeping us afloat. :)

stwils

Thanks again to Infoman and VinCaiden - also so glad stwils that your eye surgery - twice!- went well. Hope BtB will send us some new baby photos soon.

So who wants to play? :) I think Infoman has really set us up for a victory - hey, we may win this thing yet! :goodjob:

mcdan

Don't think so, but the thought of there being a 2-year-old SG is too amusing to just let the thread die. :) Besides, you never know when one of the players will pop out of the woodwork and want to post something. At least I can make it easy to find the thread.

Happy Anniversary to All! :beer: :band:

Belated but here we are in December!

I am happy to pick up game unless someone else would like their turn.

Thanks to all on our site - Padma, Zed-F, the gang of players - it is a great group. Let's here from our folks out there - even if it is just Holiday plans! BtB - we need children pics, Infoman - let's read about your home, Stwills - what's up?

We are traveling during the holidays but I do have time to play 10 - 15 turns. Leaving Atlanta and going to the mountains - lots of snow is expected on Christmas Day so our 8 yr old will be thrilled (she doesn't know yet - just in case.) Lots of golf courses near by but am guessing they will be closed- so instead we will fish on the golf ponds- and freeze at the same time! So lots of firewood should be burned in those fireplaces.

Let me know who wants to play next.

Happy Holidays,

mcdan

Better go ahead, McDan. If they wanted a turn, they'd have taken it by now. ;)

Pick it up McDan!!
This thing needs a turn log posted by the end of the year. ;)
There hasn't been one this quarter. :p :lol:

Good going, mcdan. You are truly "mcdan the faithful!" :king:

Where is everyone else on our team? And Padma?

I hope to play again, but am still having some trouble seeing clearly after those two eye operations. You'd think I would see more clearly! :(

stwills :crazyeye:

Thanks Zed-F - needed the reminder! :thanx:

Oddly enough on the same day I got two great B-day gifts (many thanks to those lurker friends out there ;) )- "Civ Conquests" and "Sid Meier's Pirates!" So now I plan to finish this game so I can open these two awesome gifts. :D

Sorry for the delay in my post. Here is my pre-turn - lengthy but it helps bring me back up to speed and maybe will help others. Infoman did a great job on his last turn. Now I will begin the actual turns.

Happy New Year to all BTW :beer:

------------------

PRETURN: 1752 AD

We are in the top 5 cities - London as a 12. 71% approval rating - rank 5 - rant 1 in the following: pollutions, milt. service and income. Land area is a 2 - interesting. 3 wonders.

Histograph has us #1 in world ranking with a 634 with Persia right up there with 609. We have Happy and Content citizens. Our biggest threats are Persia (as always since this game began and Aztecs - Russia may grow into a problem if we cannot trade or subdue them)

Science Ad - we are going along well because of generous funding but we need to keep moving!

Cult. Ad - More wonders needed - always the Colusseum. Iroquious are inpressed but Russia is not.

For. Ad. - Egypt and Aztecs are annoyed, Persia not impressed with our culture. THe Persians do have the calvary while Russia and Egypt have the Infantry. Russians are cautious with us.

Milt. Ad - We need to continue to build our military and need more gold. (Hey we have 1860 g - that is a record high for this game for our side.)

Trade Ad.- Need more resources and luxs - this has been hard to achieve in this game. Need more saltpeter, coal and rubber - and dyes and gems. ^(*)^&%

Domestic Ad. - York, London (needs hospital), Ulindi, Warwick,Antium, Veii, Oxford, Rome- growing slowly, Rome not growing, Ulundi , Nottingham, Oxford, Rome, York, Cumae, Veii are happy - OK got the picture - all are growing slowly but the citz. are happy.

Now - we are at 80% Slider with 10% happiness slider - in 4 turns we will have scientific method. As a reminder - we are a Republic.

Net gain for gold is +16

City Check:

Ulundi- LIbrary in 19turns
P 8/ F 19/ C 29 pt.
2 Riflemen and 2 Cal garrisoned - updated the riflemen to Infantry for 10 g each
Growth in 39 - change to growth in 20 while increasing food and raising commerce.

Intombe - Courthouse in 9
P10/F15/C22 pt
1 Inf, 1 cannon, 1 Cal and 1 Swordsman - upgrade cannon to artillery for 40
Growth in 35
cannot improve completion of courthouse without halting growth or slowing commerce.

Tugela - LIbrary in 14
P7/F22/C31
2 Rifles, 1 canon - upgrade a 10 each to Infantry and 40 to move canon to artillary
Growth in 7
nothing to change
***In the Jungle there is RUBBER - need that!

Coventry - Factory in 8
P20/F27/ C47
1 Rifle and 2 Musket - upgrade Rifle to Infantry for 10g, 30g each to upgrade musket to Infantry
Growth in 7-
Change to Growth in 4 and F29 and C54

Sardis - Artillery in 4
P12/F23/C36
3 riflemen- upgrade all for 10g each to infantry
growth in 1 - change a bit to F24

London - Factory in 10
P26/F28/ C67
2 Muskets, 1 cannon, 2 cal, and 2 rifle - change that to upgrades for 2 muskets to infantry for 30g each, cannon to artillery for 30g and 2 riflemen to infantry for 10 g each.
growth in 9999 - :(
Change to zero growth for this one turn - will watch but move Factory to 9 turns and increase production - *** need to keep eye on this city

Warwick - University in 13
P17/F20/C42
musket, sword and rifle - upgrade musket and rifle to infantry for a total of 40g
growth in 4 - no changes needed except upgrades

York - Wall Street in 1
P19/F26/C56
archer! and musket - upgrade to longbowman (20g) and infantry for 30g
growth in 3
no changes needed except upgrades

Hastings - Factory in 18
P16/F15/C36
rifle to inf - 10 g
musket to inf - 30g
1 swordsman
growth in 20
Change to Factory in 16
Change growth to 10
Change to P17, F16, C30

Cumea - Courthouse in 4
P12/F12/C16
1 Cal, 1Musket, 1Rifle, 1 Pike - M, R, and P are upgraded to Infantry for 100g total
growth in zero
no changes possible except upgrades

Rome - Factory in 7
P17/F14/C28
Rifle, Cal and Pike
zero growth
no changes except upgrades

Antium - RIfleman in 17
P5/F12/C20
Sword and Rifleman - upgrade Rifle for 10g to Infantry
Growth is 10

Veii - Factory in 25
P14/F12/C17
2 muskets and 1 cal - muskets both upgraded to Infantry for 30g each
Zero growth

Pisae - RIfleman in 58 (but can rush for very little g - will consider as I review things to possibly rush after city check)
P6/F13/C18
swordsman only
growth 9999

Pompeii - Cathedral in 7
P15/F15/C22
sword and musket - musket to Infan for 30g
growth in 9

Oxford - Aqueduct in 19
P6/F14/C22
Rifle and sword - upgrade rifle to Inf for 10 g
growth in 4

Cumae - Courthouse in 4
P12/F12/C16
1 Cal, 3 Infantry
zero growth

Canterbury - factory in 23
P11/F17/C29
3 Muskets - all upgraded for 90 g total to Infantry
growth in 1

Nottingham - factory in 12
P22/F28/C40
1 Cal, 1 Cannon, 1 Sword, 2 Rifle - upgrades: 1 artillery and 2 Infantry
Growth in 5

-------------------------------------

with the upgrades we have spent g and now have 1020 g - spent about 800 g on the upgrades so I think I will not rush any items -but will do a brief check.
308 to rush in Ulundi for LIbrary - no
200 - Intombe - Courthouse
280 - Tuguela - Library
540 - Coventry - Factory - 8 turns
120 - Sardis - Artillery - 4 turns
London - almost 2000 for Factory
Warwick - 1600 for Univ
York - Wall Street in 1 turn
Hastings - almost 2000 for factory
Cumae - 96 g for Courthouse in 4
Rome - 364 for Factory in 7 turns
Antium - 130ish for RIfleman in 17 turns - this we might rush
Veii - 880 for Factory in 25 t
Pisae - RIfleman (that is needed) in 58 for 232g
Pompeii - Cathedral in 7 for 132g
Oxford- 304 for Aqueduct in 19 turns
Cantebury - Factory in 23 turns or 920 g
Nottingham - 884 g for Factory or 12 turns

Trade Negotiations:
Iroquois - not worth it - only 6 g and no extra trade items
Russian - equal in our gold but no luxs
Egypt - can trade spices and silks but at a high cost, also will not trade Sc.
Aztecs - have wine and ivory to trade but at a high cost - will revisit this once I review our land and resources again.
Persia - no shock here - no way will they deal

Okay - back to rushing a few items - will rush Antium's rifleman - it is needed as is Pisae's Rifleman - this is to protect our Southern Region.

Resources: Need to made road to rubber in jungle near Ulundi.

Plan-:

need to continue RR
Defense is still building
Consider ships
Take land around Mpondo in Persia for a foothold - but need to be quick and prepared because they can easily take this back - is this a waste of men and time or a good idea????

You are keeping our game going for us, mcdan. What great determination you have. Thank you. :goodjob:

I would like to join in, but I fear I might mess things up if I played... So many cities and I am so behind.

Maybe some of our good players like informan or Bob will come aboard.

In the meantime, thank you for keeping this game alive.

stwils :)

If you guys have the ability to build infantry, you should also have the ability to build artillery. Artillery is one of the strongest pieces in the game because it allows you to wipe out entire stacks of enemy troops with few or no losses. If you bring a large enough stack of artillery, with several infantry to protect them and some attacking units (e.g. Cavalry, or Infantry will do in a pinch) to attack with, you can really do a number on AI military power, regardless of how strong they seem to be relative to you.

It sounds like you are not building much if any artillery as far as your military builds go. I think you will want to change this policy, especially as you continue building rails to allow you to relocate stacks of troops quickly and easily.

Top Bottom