Sullla's AI Survivor Season Seven - Game 1 Thread

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
One of the most anticipated events of the year in the Civ Community happens today as Game 1 of Sullla's AI Survivor Season Seven is played out on Twitch at Noon EDT, 5pm BST today.

AI Survivor pitches each of the Civ IV Leaders in a battle to the death, a series of elimination and wildcard games culminate in the battle royale to decide the Championship.

1680850297941.png

Running in parallel with the tournament is a predictions contest where you can compete with other users to see who comes out on top.

Watch Sulla's preview here, read Sulla and other's thoughts here and join us in this thread to discuss all the action as it happens and to share your success and failures in the picking contest!!

Last edited:
Go Izzy!!! Reconquista the heck outta this map!!! :D

Hype! Hype! Hype!

Starting in 60 minutes.

This is a good time to comment on everyone's predictions.

The favored leader to win by the hive mind is Stalin.
He has all those trophies, makes sense.

Next is Pericles. Followed shortly by Shaka.

Half picked domination, so clearly the thought today is military might.

Few think Gandhi can win even though he is a seeded leader with a proven record.
Yet a quarter picked culture win!
Did all the Gandhi fans and Pericles fans think their boys would win culture?
Or is it Gandi and Isabella carrying the culture hope?

Izzy is a dark horse. Nobody knows what crazy religion spread will set her off. She has the potential to win a game in her for sure.
Not many were willing to hold her ticket.

Watching enough AI, some are salted fish that never seem to do anything.
And yet, every dog has his day.
I remember last season Sitting Bull woke up and played a masterclass out of nowhere.
Hopefully Hammurabi will stir the pot.

UN is very, very hard to win cause no AI gets +4 from tech trades.
It is simply missing.
Dom. also tends to trigger before conquest.

No copper in big fat cross, so no very early wars unless a 2nd city extends a tentacle.
I tend to think early copper is a curse since early wars struggle without catapults, but if the AI has enough hammers and units and the neighbor has no metal it can be quite different.

Last edited:
ugh...gotta reset my twitch pwd and they want the pwd to be a thesis (edit: figured out my current pwd..whew)

Last edited:
Isabella settling SW and Hammurabi going for Mysticism not great for the latter... but he still has room to claim some Ivory.

Not looking too bad for Stalin. Only Isabella with the late forward settle. I am thinking this bodes poorly for Gandhi. But also, Shaka needs to settle toward someone or he is going to be dragging stacks through jungle...

Hammurabi did get Ivory, which should come in handy if he makes it to Construction. We will see if he adopts Christianity.

Top Bottom