Sullla's AI Survivor Season Seven - Game 1 Thread

So I mentioned not entering the picking contest because I prefer rooting for whoever is the biggest spanner at a given moment.

Did not anticipate three quarters of the board to go full tool box on me :crazyeye:.

So, I put together a thread for Game 2. We can lock it until the stream if so desired or use that thread to discuss our predictions. Looking forward to more discussion (and the thrill of victory/agony of defeat)!

Also, it occurred to me ahead of this game today that if we swapped Hammurabi and Gilgamesh they would actually have synergy with their uniques...

Kudos to...

Hammurabi, for starting at the bottom of the scoreboard late to Animal Husbandry, Bronze Working, and Horseback Riding, but nonetheless coming out on top, first to Rifling and Fission🥇

Gandhi, for shattering stereotypes by raising a formidable army, invading a neutral coreligionist, and nearly achieving tech parity with Hammurabi after losing an early city and his capital🥈

Shaka, for threatening an early domination victory and thereby provoking a glorious coalition of maces, pikes, and nukes to coalesce in protest🥉

RIP Isabella, who devoted herself wholeheartedly to the anti-Zulu cause and died a martyr in a frozen wasteland so barren Shaka "Lord of Uninhabitable Expanses" almost forgot her ⚱️

I was curious about Hammy, given he was more or less of in the corner by himself. What a wild ride!

So I finally finished watching Game 1. What a classic! Shaka is the rightful winner.. :smoke: No way Izzy or Gandhi should have declared war on him when he had multiple times their Power. Aggressive AI setting messes with the AI decision making. Shaka fought a 1 on 3 war and still almost won. Shaka's mistake to me was not capturing those juicy barb cities earlier.

Credit to Hammurabi for winning though. He played the best strategic game of any AI taking everything into consideration. He had a difficult start with lots of forests and managed to turn it around. He really didn't make too many mistakes. Picked his spots to go to war fairly well too. Almost human-like.

Top Bottom