Sullla's AI Survivor Season Seven - Game 8 Thread

RIGGED

Hyuana Capac in wild card has X3 capital gold, 2 flood plains, and plains cow!!!!!

Err, might be a wonder trap teaching too fast
He does not edit gold in starting ring. :lol:

Looks like we're going from HC being the clear favorite to win to HC being the super dominant favorite to win with that start. On a Raging Barbs map, with HC's unique anti-archer Warrior UU and culture producing Granary UB. Only mildly favorable conditions, all told :mischief:.

Looks like we're going from HC being the clear favorite to win to HC being the super dominant favorite to win with that start. On a Raging Barbs map, with HC's unique anti-archer Warrior UU and culture producing Granary UB. Only mildly favorable conditions, all told :mischief:.
Cramped map so raging barbs not too bad.

Kudos to...

Louis, for relentless pursuit of the wonders of the world from time immemorial, swift annihilation of the Carolingians, and illumination of the far reaches of the world with the eternal splendor of the Sun King 🥇

Ramesses, for serving as enlightened patriarch of the world's faithful, honoring the legacy of Ain Jalut to drive out the Mongol threat, and contesting French cultural hegemony 🥈

Huayna Capac, for surviving as a minority religious leader who once commanded the most formidable forces only to rule over the smoldering remains of his domain 🥉

Napoléon, for finesse in wonders, dreams of l'Outremer, and the occasional killing blow 🥉

RIP...

Genghis Khan, who colonized the northern expanses when no one else would and targeted the real threat before anyone knew what they were up against ⚱️

RIGGED

Hyuana Capac in wild card has X3 capital gold, 2 flood plains, and plains cow!!!!!

Err, might be a wonder trap teaching too fast
They might matter less than normal early with Raging Barbs ;)
AIs love to sit in cities while barbs pillage their stuff..HC could get quiet a bit attention from them, middle map start.

No food. Will he run them? Farming flood plains to use gold. Guess he could share with other cities.

HC would have to go 4 west to find grassland /a flood plain river tile. No food.

There are grassland/flood plains to east. Pends if he settles for the cow/rice. Would the Arabs nab this at start? To south is mostly plains. North not much better but a plains river.

It does appear to be a low food map.Danger could be a capital stuck on size 3-4 running 2 gold tiles?

Last edited:
Did HC get any wonders at all apart from the very late Pentagon? It's been a strange couple of games lately with Montezuma and Napoleon going on wonder sprees.

Did HC get any wonders at all apart from the very late Pentagon? It's been a strange couple of games lately with Montezuma and Napoleon going on wonder sprees.
I'm actually in the process of watching the match. I know at one point he did not have any wonders after all the ancient/classical wonders were built - and he did go for about every wonder. He may have built Notre Dame. (edit: nope...Louie built Notre Dame and about everything else) HC did get the Colossus. Chuck built GLH, which became French later too.

edit: Nappy did not fair badly tech-wise, just a lot of bad decisions and luck early on. Going for Charlie was a waste. He shoulda owned American early and then setup to tag team against Rammbo. Mighta been a different game. The alternates on this one will be interesting.

edit: Granted I skip bits in parts to speed through, but the impression I got was that Sullla did not pay much attention to Louis winning culture. On Turn 298, right after Louie dow'd HC, Sullla finally took a look at Louie's culture but did not seem that concerned about it. Basically, not realizing that if Louie razed his slider he could very easily win culture, and he did just that a coupla turns later.

Last edited:
Sullla did mention the potential culture win prior to Louis pulling the trigger a few times. At least, I remember it like that.

I think that in Sullla's mind, before the game started, only HC would go for culture, which is why he didn't pick that as a victory condition... when both Louis and Ramesses are highly likely to go for a culture win.
(Now, granted, no one really expected Ramesses to do well. But if you have HC and Louis as your favourites, then you kinda have to expect a culture win. ;) )

I just finished watching. That early Genghis backstab really surprised me. I expected Ramses to be FTD. The war declarations were very unpredictable early I thought. I expected HC and Washington to be allies, and Genghis and Louis to tag team Ramses early.

This season has been very entertaining so far!

Finally got around to it. At least my boy Louis stomped his way to #1 in his magnificent wig and high heels! :king:

Ramesses was my FTD, but I can't even be mad at him, he gets attacked by everybody and their dog, and not only does he make it, he yoinks the Silver right out from under Huyana! :backstab:

Aaaaand Napoleon gets exiled to something other than an island! :cheers:

Top Bottom