Sullla's AI Survivor Season Six Announced

I think I'll go with Cathy. Nappy had his chances with me when I rooted for him last time, but he squandered that to Pacal.

Oh, checked the predictions now. It seems like Napoleon is a hell of a underdog.
Cathy has quite a few pickers really (60% for Mansa, 30% for Cathy) so I'll go with Napoleon.
Nappy to win, Sury for second (Got to be different than you @dankok8 ! :D ), Freddy FTD (can't go against the stream on that one, sorry.).
14 wars T345 domination.

More wars and a later finish date is sort of a hedge in case Nappy doesn't perform as I hope.

Really like the split of 3 low peaceweight and 3 high peaceweight, all alternating on this map. Setup for maximum tension and excitement!
This game should surely be entertaining!

Nappy is a good pick. I think Freddy gets tagged teamed by Nap and Cathy, so FTD seems likely. I went with Darius for another underdog pick - I need points. I think he and Mansa will battle it out tech wise, but hopefully Mansa will get nerfed by a bunch of battles.

Cathy for 2nd.

Darius has gems, 2 seafood, and 2 wine on rivers ready to be farmed to get him to +21:gold: per turn from just those 5 tiles.
Dry corn too.
I have a theory that starting resources in the capital have a big influence on tech choices, so Persia should get fishing and mining a lot earlier than his terrible game 8 with Hannibal.
Maybe even an early Monarchy with wine that opens up the strongest civic for deity AI, hereditary rule.

Maybe Mansa can tech fast too and build some wonders so Darius doesn't build them all and kill himself.
Mansa should be quite strong fighting off the pesky snake guy.
Not sure he wins culture splitting the wonders with Persia and fighting all game.

I think Cathy will crater her economy expanding inland too much the first 1/3rd of the game.
Eventually she and Nappy should kill Frederick, but Fred will have early axes too.
Napoleon also won't get a lot of hammers out west from tundra fish cities.

So I'd pick Cathy in a heartbeat if she had more coins nearby.

I think I'll eventually pick Darius to miraculously win and scream "tech faster faster! , no not another wonder" all game :lol:
He will have a hard time finding decent city spots after the first 4 or 5 I think.

Last edited:
I hope Darius can do well for you, but all that Jungle with almost only :banana: as :food: looks scary :)
Hopefully he sends his settler towards the close northern cows first.
A good human player would prolly settle 1e of them, to share corn.
An AI could benefit from stealing the Rice & stone spot from Mansa, so i guess in between that and :banana: would also work for the second city.

Playoff Game One, my picks:

Catherine, Domination, T333.
Suryavarman II, runner up (I have him in Fantasy...).
Frederick FTD (sorry, but even if it turns out wrong, it is THE best choice given the map).
11 DoWs.

Napoleon fighting a "useless" pre-catapult war vs Frederick paves the way for Catherine to come swooping in and conquer Germany. Mansa will (hopefully) be busy with Suryavarman II to his East. Sury won't get anywhere (of course) in the early- to mid-game. But once Catherine has finished off Frederick, she turns North. Even if Napoleon stays busy with Darius I, Catherine and Suryavarman II will beat down the Malinese empire. Catherine will do the fighting, and Suryavarman II will do the sniping of cities. :D

Have fun, everyone!

And remember: The Kjotleik's pick curse has now been lifted. I had both Victoria (G8) and Huayna Capac (Wildcard) correct last two games. Dreaming of Cathy now giving me the Hat-Trick!

Darius teching great but just sucks

that did not go well for Sir Nap, but he's still in a good position. I expect him to own all of Persia soon

Mansa looking too strong again

Last edited:
Cathy + Nappy could take Mansa out long-term, if they work together.

Mansa got great land and suicidal Sury, he tends to get lucky lately :)

With Freddy dead if Nappy & Cathy would dogpile Mansa right now, he would go down easily.

Nappy doing it but Cathy will let him down ;)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I think Mansa could fight them both off..he will be huge soon

very ..but he really is good

maybe...mansa has stronger units and airships

darius a likely target now....cathy may dogpile on Sury

wow..ha! Darius really lucky so far. Nap may take something but Mansa should push back

Last edited:
OMG! :lol:

It's pretty funny though... Mansa had this won anyway

Mansa is light years ahead in tech though...

Sullla likes your thinking ;)

Last edited:
That's stupid, game could have been interesting without that pact.
I dun think so Lymo, they would have had a lot of cities vs him.

Yup saw that :)
It's logical tbh, we have seen Willy throw such leads away and while medieval units are terrible, Rifles and Cavs can still fight against stuff like Infs.

Last edited:
Welp, Darius went Fishing/Mining at the start like I thought, unfortunately got stuck on 4 cities, and spent the rest of the game channeling the ghost of Wang Kon! :lol:

I see Napoleon's main stack is trapped in Mansa's lands totally surrounded.

**Edit**
Dang it Darius!

Last edited:
I'm actually most annoyed by Surys totally moronic DoW against Mansa earlier. That killed alot of balance.

Darius is a complete idiot !!!:mad:

well, culture gets me something. Cathy second would too

Darius got really lucky to even exist right now

Mansa playing really smart right now

Another Frenchie dogpile incoming

welp...Cathy is trying at least lol

ugh ..she won't finish 2nd now..argggh

nah..I think she actually holds up

yep..torn apart ;)

Last edited:
Painful twists (from a human gaming perspective ;)), Cathy wasting her army on that useless city.

Now he's on culture, if Nappy would still be in good shape now and Cathy on Mansa..ah well, did not happen this way.

Boring ending, cheers defensive pact ;)

She even fights him off 1vs1 a bit, Mansa not good at war..Nappy & Cathy alliance would have teared Mansa apart i'm 99% sure.

Last edited:
Well... At least by rooting for Nappy, I'm not frustrating about the AI I rooted for, I'm just annoyed about all the others.
Thats at least something. :D

The Nap - Cathy alliance was crucial in this game and Darius screwed it all up. Also Nap should have absorbed Darius way earlier in the game. Cathy was weirdly peaceful. If it wasn't for the DP she would have never declared a single war until the late Mansa declaration. I think things really broke well for Mansa. Every single break he could have gotten, he got. My gut tells me founding his own religion with 3 low peace weight AI's could have turned out much worse for him.

One thing I don't think anyone mentioned...

Napoleon taking so long to connect metals despite Copper in the BFC hurt him in a major way. He was actually last in power early on and declared on by Darius of all people! And on the other hand Freddy connecting his metals very early and founding so many cities meant that both Nap and Cathy would be weaker than they should have been.

Top Bottom