Sullla's AI Survivor Season Six Announced

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Kjotleik, Apr 12, 2021.

1. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

@dankok8 I hear you, the warmongerers got screwed unjustly yet another time!
    Shaka to win next week? :D

dankok8 likes this.
  2. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

At quick glance I was not overly impressed with Herr Shaka's situation, but it would be fun to root for him.

Finally was able to watch the end of the Wildcard game, as I had to step out about midway through at the time. I assumed HC would win but did not know how the whole thing played out and who came in second. That was a crazy finish with Zara surpassing Troll King on the very last turn basically by a tech. Wang almost won that game too.

3. dankok8

dankok8 Elected World Leader

I'm not picking Shaka for the next one. :lol:

But seriously I don't like his start and Cyrus and Bis whoever he goes after won't be easy opponents to say the least. I think most will go Pacal and I may as well or I might spice it up and go for Vicky. She's got lots of land and she showed us all in Game 8.

4. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

Cyrus has an awesome start if he was human, golds and floodplains and wet corn and in general so much nice stuff ;)

Tonny and lymond like this.
  5. lymond

Cyrus is a good AI and I'm surprised he has not done better in Survivor. I'll look at his situation more closely.

Pacal maybe locked outta Iron. His cap looks pretty strong.

Looks like Shaka will be tame for some time since no copper. He will have iron for sure eventually. Start not particularly strong. Ok land overall. Shaka tends to expand well.

Yep, Cyrus area is ok. Some jungle but then there is a lot for everyone in the central areas, but he has plenty of productive spots if he can outpace is fellow IMP neighbor. No copper, but Shaka won't be much of a threat for some time either for same reason. Cyrus will likely settle on that Iron to the West at some point. If Cyrus sends first settler to gold/corn he will be he a very good position.

Zara has a nice cap but may have tough expansion with all that jungle. He may have the toughest position, though nice l long term potential if he stays peaceful.

1 of Zara or Vicky could get a little boxed in maybe, but Vicky usually expands nicely.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    Fippy likes this.
  6. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

Watched a bit of last playoff game (missed some parts on Friday), and realized just how good Mansa's start was.
    Spoiler :
    I think if you put any economic leader there he will tech away. Was perfect fodder for Mansa-Fans thou ;)

Attached Files:

7. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

I feel I'm out of time to really analyze and get a super good prediction in so I'm just going to follow the same path I have done in almost all previous game and root for the warmongerer.

Shaka for domination on friday.
    Putting Pacal as second because he might get a religion and spread it to Shaka and they have almost equal peaceweight.
    12 wars and T340 finish date.

Kjotleik likes this.
  8. dankok8

dankok8 Elected World Leader

I'm pretty much swapping the consensus as far as the winners go.

1st: Cyrus
    2nd: Pacal
    FTD: Shaka
    Number of Wars: 12
    Victory Type: Spaceship
    Victory Turn: 335

9. NothingBesideRemains

NothingBesideRemains Chieftain

I think key to Mansa's win was also the way religions spread. Ironically by losing out on Buddh and Hindu, Mansa going Monotheism (and thus OR) allowed a more comprehensive spread of his religion to AI's who might have otherwise DOW'd him sooner.

10. Kjotleik

Kjotleik Kjotleik

I did take a look at the contest before deciding on this game's predictions. I'm on 84 points (40 behind the leader) and very far away from anything. Going for the favourite (Pacal II) will not help me at all, so I decided to go for the outside chance of Shaka snowballing into a Domination. A smaller chance than a Pacal II Spaceship victory, but it will help my contest-rankings if it hits.

Shaka, Domination, T333.
    Pacal II, runner up.
    Bismarck FTD.
    11 DoWs.

Good luck later today, folks! :strength:

11. Tonny

Tonny King

I believe that pacal will have the first religion and zara the second. This will make them mortal enemies.
    Pacal's surroundings do not look good with no easy accessible iron. Zara doesn't have much land to settle.
    Shaka and Biz will have many wars, because of shaka being shaka. This will hinder their growth and their chance of winning this.
    Cyrus has lots of land and easy gold and iron.
    Victoria's last game was a fluke imo. This time she will be slaughtered by cyrus and zara.
    Therefor my picks:
    Cyrus 1st, Pacal 2nd and Victoria to die 1st.
    Can't remember number of wars exactly (12?) and end date (325 turns?).
    Spaceship victory.

lymond likes this.
  12. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

Cyrus looks like great value here, with only 13% on him as winner :)

Zara has an early power capital and some immediate useful spots for the 2nd city (with luck, always luck lol), then i wonder how he will handle jungle.
    Could end up with lots of cities imo, just by looking at the overview..his path will lead towards the middle rather sooner than later.

Not super-impressed by Vicky's land quality outside her Cap, but if she dashes NW into the floodplains area quickly..who knows.
    If Zara slacks she could become strong.

Imo those 3 are all better picks than Shaka who looks starved for good, close settling spots here.
    But his :commerce: situation looks good, at least ;)

Not sold on Biz FTD consensus, he potentially has a looot of space and Shaka no early war resis.
    At peaceweight 2 vs 6 they are no grim natural enemies either.

lymond likes this.
  13. lymond

I actually went Cyrus and Zara 1 and 2 yesterday ;)

I went Vicky FTD

edit: Interesting that Sullla went with Cyrus

krikav likes this.
  14. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

I think the odds are with you on this @lymond

lymond likes this.
  15. lymond

Cyrus not plotting at pleased could be a factor. Forgot about that. I picked Domination. But everyone else does so that should help get him into wars.

16. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

Vicky to fly flag would be good. Or Shaka for fun but likely rubbish at warfare. Does have phants. Ultimately financial will be fav.

17. lymond

Cyrus settled exactly where My predicted :)

18. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

:) Nonsense-Shaka, throwing away units..always a danger with those warmongers.

Pacal gets trolled too now thou, if Cyrus takes some Shaka cities he should become favorite?

I should be quiet :lol: Now Cryus in trouble.

Shaka not doing what Krikav paid for, no city capture yet ;)

Vicky FTD very much looking good now.

Cyrus problem? Always losing large armies against cities with evenly large defenders.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  19. lymond

Pacal trolled Cyrus with his free Xtian Missionary. I expect Shaka and Cyrus to white peace soon

Looks like Cyrus will take 1 city at least. I think they may peace out though

ugh..cyrus with bad attack

argh..cyrus needs outta shaka war cause he could destroy vicky

YES! Eat Vicky NOW!

Vicky FTD pick looking very good!

Cyrus need outta stoopid Xtian (lol ...just as I speak)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    Fippy likes this.
  20. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Good job from Zara!