Sullla's AI Survivor Season Six Announced

Game 2 starts in 36 hours.
Next Game: Season Six Game Two
Schedule: Season Six Game Two, Starts Saturday 15 May 2021 at Noon EST

Picks at the bottom of this page:
https://sullla.com/Civ4/civ4survivor6-2-preview.html

Hatshepsut appears to be the only civ with a high peace weight in this game.

Also, 3 of the 7 civs have Hereditary Rule as a favorite civic.

My friend thinks Napoleon will dominate, but his unit aggression is so high he tends to suicide attack more than other AI.. Those gems though hmm.

To speak more on unit aggression, I've never quite figured out precisely what iBaseAttackOddsChange (6 for Napoleon) does other than make the AI more likely to attack.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ai-behavior.181620/
iBaseAttackOddsChange:
iAttackOddsChangeRand:

Every turn, the AI will set a variable that is their "attack odds change". This varaible is used to add or subtract from attack odds of a battle. I don't think this changes the actual odds of the battle per se, but instead will change what the AI THINK that the battle odds are, so that they are more or less willing to do attacks every turn.

The attack odds changed is calculated by adding the iBaesAttackOddsChange to the sum of TWO random numbers from 0 to the iAttackOddsChangeRand. I doubt you can make iAttackOddsChangeRand negative.
Is Napoleon +6% more like to attack in all situations compared to Saladin?

Last edited:
Bit of testing..Pacal, Sal and Sulei are all cautious towards Hatty in the beginning.
Could come as surprise for Pacal who sits at 2 vs. her 9, he has base attitude +1.

Nappy cautious towards Pacal, not pleased.
I guess that means Nappy is more likely to attack Pacal early rather than Hatty, much closer.

I just submitted my predictions for game two. With six points from the first game, I have some catching up to do. That won't happen in this game, though. HC is way to big a favourite to bet against. Not because he is favourite, but because he has so much good land available (including Hatshepsut's lands).

Huayna Capac, Culture.
Saladin 2nd.
Hatshepsut 1st to die.

I cannot find any good arguments against HC in this game. Saladin (hopefully) spreading his religion to HC, making it a N/S religious divide. Pacal II is out of the running for 1st as Napoleon is going to annoy him with DoW(s).

HC and Saladin to share the Egyptian cities, making Saladin a bit larger (and with higher score) than Louis XIV. HC attacking Suleiman after Hatshepsut is gone, then finding himself safe and deciding to win a cultural victory.

Given the experiences from the first game... I'm totally wrong, of course. :egypt:

Good luck, people! Game two is on Saturday, May 15th.

I think Nappy or Louis will win.
Either Nappy gets domination quick enough, or Louis gets a space/culture if that fails.

Pacal will likely die first and Napoleon will get strong enough.
Think the likelyhood is that Napoleon will go for Sally before Louis after that, and the french dudes will become a team due to similiar peacewight and shared war.
Nappy might get a religion from Pacals cities too which would fuel tension.

I think Sullyman+Capac are in a tough spot, bad land and bad starts. Hatty has good enough land that she will hold her own against possible early agressions from those two.

Looks like it will be a very fun game to cheer on!

Much of this could come down to what direction those first settlers take. Often AIs make some really stoopid moves with those first cities. I've already stated my pick - Napster - but that is back some pages now....that's what I submitted.

More I think I it, having analyzed the map more, Louis appears to have some potential land wise. Yeah, he's got a bit of tundra below him, but E/NE seems wide open for him.

On the other hand, I still hold that one of Sullie or HC could be in for some early trouble with land. Although FPs are nice for him there is almost no food around him....not even seafood.

The first thing I'm keeping my eye on is where Sullie, HC, and Nappie send their first settlers. I think that will very important this game.

(Actually, I wont be able to watch the start live. Funny enough, Sullla moved the live show to Saturday at noon for his second vaccine shot today, while I have my second vaccine appointment at noon tomorrow. I'll miss a good bit)

Underdog picking = the most fun in those games ;)
Personally i cannot understand how 75% pick HC with this start where any AI should struggle, and Hatty FTD with an excellent start, lots of land and manageable neighbors.
Sure all this could still happen cos AI, but looks like most watchers show very little creativity.

It's no fun going with the crowd. ;)
I probably have no clue about this, but my picks went to the "Latin American" leaders: Pacal winning space race, HC runner-up. Suleiman FTD.
Why Pacal? Good capital (food, Iron, Copper in BFC) and potentially good room for immediate expansion. Hopefully he can found a religion and spread it to Nappy.

Off to get my shot. I think I can watch some on my phone though. Go Frenchies!

Spoiler :

napoleon.jpeg

Weird game, i never thought Sally would expand so much with a start where he couldn't improve much (no Agri start, no hills for mines).
While Hatty with all those awesome early tiles did sit on 3 cities forever. Shows how random AI expansion can be :)

Another fun game.

I had Louis 1st, Napolean 2nd so was rooting for team France. Could have had it correct if the Frenchies had continued to work together against Pacal (although I suspect Napolean would have had the tech advantage over Louis so would have probably gone the other way).

Ended up picking up another 11 points though, mostly for end date and number of wars. With my 10 from luckily guessing the exact end date in game one I am further up the leaderboard than I probably deserve to be.

My strategy is going to be to continue to go for the non-consensus picks so going for Shaka to pull an Alex season 5 in the next game.

Cheers, i fear for Shaka next game thou with this bad (for AIs) coastal capital.
Also Giggles very close with what looks like much better land.
I think this game could be a runaway by Giggles, who i expect will also be picked most.

Top Bottom