Sullla's AI Survivor Season Six Announced

This is another very tough to predict game. I'm going to go with Boudica. She's gonna found a religion, make at least a few friends and has a decent chance to attack De Gaulle or Cyrus and snowball from there. Kublai always seems to do pretty well so I got him finishing second.

1st: Boudica
2nd: Kublai
First to Die: De Gaulle
Victory Type: Domination
Number of Wars: 15
Turn: 345

I will refrain from being critical against (almost) any predictions in this game six. There are just so many possibilities that could come true. But, I had to choose one, so here it is:

Genghis Khan, Domination, T333.
Boudica 2nd.
Cyrus First to Die.
12 wars.

Genghis do have flood plains and gold to finance his military-tech research path here. I made the decision to trust that to be enough to get him up and running. Long enough that he can reach domination-velocity. Go, Khan, go!

This is indeed a tough one, and I think anything could happen here. No one starting position really stands out here imo. No outright zealots and only Boudica with Myst start, so I think she will certainly found first religion. Toku sometimes oddly goes for religion and often beelines Alpha.

I like Cyrus a lot and think he should do better in survivor, but his start looks the roughest of all here and he may be shutout on metals entirely, if I see things correct,

4 with no Pleased plotting and 3 with. GK the only true psycho on the map, and probably the real game changer AI here. Could go bad for him, or he could get lucky and steam roll. Boudi tends to build more units than her coding suggests, and will very much use them as long as she is not Pleased with you. She is an AI I like as well. However, I assume her "first" religion will spread fast here and she will like a lot of the AIs here.

Part of my thinks Cyrus could FTD here, but I think he holds but. He or Toku likely first target of GK, but who knows. I'm rolling dice on GK doing something stupid tough and exhausting himself on Toku's defensiveness.

I went with darkhorse Churchill here. He tends to tech better than his traits suggest. I like his position. Really no other reason than that though. Could go bad for him, but then that could happen to just about an leader on this map. Boudi second...I think at the very least she will hold out all game.

Tis the season of bland personalities.

I went with darkhorse Churchill here.

Congrats Lymond! :D

Churchy looks like a good underdog pick here, terrific land and secure backline south.

And so he was. :)

I was very surprised when Genghis became best buddies with Cyrus.
My coalition against England also failed to form.
My poor Toku.

Thank you! That was a crazy game. I was certainly worried there at one point. Churchy is not very aggressive. He has to get attacked to do anything.

Really sorry that Boudi was eliminated. She is a nice lady to have around.

No read on next game yet...gotta take a look at it later

Cheers, i looked quickly and think Izzy could surprise everybody (and i doubt more than 5% will chose her :lol:)
She looks weak and locked out down there, but if her holy city goes into floodplains & wheat it should open up lots of land.
Most AIs are not that dangerous, Mehmed maybe gets converted.

Not a strong lean like Churchy was, but i would keep her in mind.

Eek...where her's and Mehmed's settlers go will be telling at the start. She has a really tough position, but if she can get expansion to the W and NW she should be fine.

hmm...at quick glance Mao looks interesting...not particularly great start for him, but looks like a ton of land to grab

Last edited:
I had poor results in games 4 and 5 but managed to pick up 16 points in game 6 which has bumped me back up the leaderboard :)

Going for Mao in game 7. He has always been quite good at staying alive in my AI playthroughs even when he does not have much land and on this may I am hoping that he will be able to pick up quite a few cities. Even the ice cities are valuable for deity AIs.

I think Mansa is overrated and Mehmed and/or Peter will get into conflrict with him and slow him down.

Isabella might be the wildcard though. If Mehmed boxes her in and she doesn't bother to expand then she could be in trouble. But if she gets up to a decent number of cities she could cause some chaos.

Giving it more thought, Mehmed very likely will pick up Izzy's religion. Even if she remains rather small due to Otto box-in, Mehmed may end up protecting her all game - like a shield. If he gets pleased with her fast, he will never declare on her. Izzy likes wonders, and could be a wildcard for a backdoor culture victory. (big issue if Mehmed somehow founds a later religion, but it's not his flavor).

I really do like Mao. He's one of those odd AIs that always seems to do a lot better than they look on paper. Really a matter of if he can take advantage of the land grab - and tech the right early techs, cause is starting position isn't particularly good for him. I'm keeping him in mind but not totally sold on that idea. But looking at the map overview it seems like he has a tremendous amount of land - relatively - to settle if he takes advantage of it.
(starts matter though...so I'm really wary of picking Mao first. China has best starting techs, but his start does marry with those techs. If he does not go Fishing or AH first it could be very slow start for him. Could be strong second place candidate though.

Pete is a bit intriguing. Nice start..if he does something with it. Copper. And good old Roosy not far away to pick on early, and maybe get some early conquest land. Like Mao, he may have a good amount of land to nab early. Ivory a possibility but he could get locked out of iron. Pete tends to disappoint, but this season has soon almost every victor having done nothing in Survivor previously. I think he will attack Roosy early...could be the first war.

Mansa has decent start. Not particularly great land near him, but he will have some cottages. He does a lot with a little, but he should actually be able to get quite a few cities naturally here. Outside chance Mehmed nabs Mansa's inevitable religion, but otherwise Mehmed will hate him and possibly nerf him with constant wars - maybe Izzy too joining in.

I predict Roosy will pick up Mansa's reli fairly early, if he does not found the third one, so they will have high relations, though not sure that will matter much particularly.

Last edited:
I dun think Izzy will get boxed in, her path west should be wide open.
I like her resi density, Mansa looks rather poor there. He will have to race Roosy for the corn near Oasis.

Mao should be okay with some stuff east, but a fair bit of empty terrain as well.
Mehmed might send his free settler into a bad 2nd city like Dyes.
Peter will almost certainly have a weak 2nd city, but maybe he goes BW quickly..lots of copper around him.
Roosy has okay resis around him but could get into conflict with Peter fast.

Mao's diplo situation looks best, Peter naturally likes him and others are far away.
I wonder if this will be spotted by a majority of pickers, or if they will all go for Mansa :)
He also should get some food in his 2nd city, either deer + sheep or wheat.

Anything could happen, so i think taking Mansa has little value if 50%+ do so.
Mehmed always worth trying when surrounded by lush AIs.
Peter i think could end up in a pointless war cos Roosy has bfc copper.
Mehmed has no copper close so he will not rush in early, usually better for unit spammers to settle peacefully first.

Looking at those screenies of the maps can be a little deceptive in terms of spatial perspective. So yeah, maybe Iz will have a better time of it with expansion

Yep, early Russo-American may not turn out well for Pete and actually nerf him.

Mehmed is certainly an interesting pick.

I can't believe how unlucky Boudica was in that game. Sure sending that first settler to the arctic is dumb but she founded the first religion and it spread to absolutely no one. NO ONE! I can't see that happening too many times. Despite a few French cities taken by and then getting piled on by Genghis she still survived and made an admirable comeback in the game before being completely eliminated and missing the wildcard game. I picked up points for De Gaulle FTD so not a total disaster LOL.

My prediction for Game 7 is Izzy founds the first religion which spreads to Mehmed. Those two become allies and Mehmed attacks Mansa early slowing both of them down. Without Catapults, breaking through Skirms is almost impossible but Mansa will also suffer because the Ottoman is a serious unit spammer. Peter probably also attacks someone like Roosy or Mansa. Mansa is likely to be hated and dogpiled in this game since he will probably found the 2nd religion while Izzy will do a really good job spreading hers. I really don't like Musa's chances very much. About Mehmed I have major reservations in that he doesn't declare on Pleased. If Izzy converts 2-3 AI's to her religion, Mehmed may have no one to attack even after crippling/absorbing Mansa.

Mao will be left alone to tech and has a lot of land to settle. Fish and Sheep when starting with Agriculture kind of sucks for China but he has a lot of things in his favor. As long as Izzy's religion spreads to him and it's somewhat likely, he'll be ok.

1st Place: Mao
2nd Place: Mehmed (Izzy and maybe Roosy will survive too)
First to Die: Mansa Musa
# of Wars: 8 (peaceful game...)
Victory Type: Spaceship
Victory Turn: 335

I made the terrible blunder of not submitting/watching last Friday, hectic week, remembered late friday and was all "OOh No.. :("
But I think I would have rooted for Boudi because thats fun, so it doesn't look like I lost out on so many points. :)

I'll for sure go with Bella this game. But not culture, I'll have her for domination.
She will convert Mehmed early on, and he will be a loyal bodyguard, then they will team up against the infidels up north, but since I is before M in the alphabet I think she will fragsteal some of Mehmeds gains.
I also think that she will have more room to expand to the west as mentioned previously.

Mansa FTD, but Rosey will join him shortly.
I'll put down Mao in second place because he has alot of land and is likely to be safe for a long time, also he doesn't care about religion and is likely to join Bellas team sooner or later.

Very good odds for Mehmed here. Have people forgotten that he actually won the championship?

Rejoice, all you Mansa Musa pickers. I'm not going to curse your faith by picking him this game.

My picks:
Isabella - Culture - T342.
Mehmed II - 2nd.
Mansa Musa - First To Die.
DoWs: 10.

Why?

I have Isabella in the Fantasy-contest, and I'm rather low in the picking contest. Picking Mansa to win will not get me anywhere. And since dropping a few more places down won't matter, but climbing does, I go for the outside chance of a Spanish-Ottoman religious alliance in this game. I am confident it will happen early on. Not so confident it will last particularly long. I hope it does, as my picks depend on it. But, alas...

@Kjotleik "Outside chance"? Not confident?!
Bella domination is practically a given this game. :D

¡Viva España! Del grito de la Patria, la explosión triunfal!

As stated before, I like Mehmed or his lady Izzy. However, I went with Sir Mao in this one to shake things up. Slowish start I hope he overcomes with a good land grab and reasonable disposition. I went Roosy FTD but almost picked Mansa for that. I went Space as I think Domination may be tough here.

Top Bottom