SulNES: Intemperate Grandiosity

An address to Parliament, on peace by arms

My noble lords! My noble lords.

*waits for murmuring to subside*

The address of the good brother Karpyr is well taken, in the spirit with which it was intended. However, I will tell you exactly how our "friend" the Magister would respond! Yes, indeed, he will see the light. The light from the bonfire of the two brothers of Orebhas he has just burned at the stake!

*waits for supporters to stop chuckling*

In truth, my lords, would that we might live in a world where Magister Keros responds to such...enlightened criticism. However, if that is our city's response, and the magister acts as such collegial individuals do, namely with torture and execution, we would then have no recourse but to blood at the abuse of our city's chosen representatives! And at such bloodshed, we will gain reputations worse than the bandits of Horizan or the tyrants of Mitteram! That is not the reputation which will restore prosperity to our city.

No. In truth, my lords, we have an opportunity. For the brothers dal Esier are at odds. And in their quarrel, the seed of an opportunity is born. If we bring the magister's brother over to our side, gain his support in arms and gold, in return for recognizing his rights over his brother, we earn ourselves a powerful ally at no cost. With Konte dal Esier's troops to supplement our militia, and those of our iroen who might join us, we will far outnumber the magister's guards. This will gain us the position of strength from which to negotiate for Sul.

In fact, there is no division between us. Strength of arms will win us a rightful peace, but it must be confirmed without bloodshed, in spite of Keros' barbarism! Once the magister realizes his situation is dire, he is outnumbered and his brother has turned against him, he will be a prisoner in Cherid Mount! We will force Keros to sign a treaty under a state of siege if need be, and return him to his precious Collegial Palace he wants back so badly - in chains if he refuses! In this I agree with the good brother Karpyr.

However, I believe that it will not get to that point, noble lords. Keros looks to his self-preservation above all things. Offer him a portion of his dignity back, stripped of the power he once held over Sul, and he will jump at the opportunity. This is the policy which we must pursue, in order to save the lives of our citizens from his foul magics. And if, at the end, it still comes to bloodshed, we will fight knowing that we did so as the last resort of a peace-loving people. At that, all the peoples of Tesch will marvel at Sul's example to our strife-torn kingdom, an example of enlightenment and civil order not to be equaled!

My lords, I cede the floor.

Last edited:
A Letter to Zathander Napharneschi from Van dal Esier

Cousin,

Likewise am I pleased to hear from you; it has been some years since we last spoke. I was told a rather extravagant tale by the Lady Israth that you took a commission on the northern frontier to hunt down a band of intractable Glamman; tell me, how did you find your time amongst the barbarians? Is their reputation for ferocity well-earned?

In any case, I will say that I was met with a measure of relief when word arrived that you had been appointed to Sul's council - I had been beset by visions of the woe that would soon fall upon our beloved city without men of good standing and ability to see to its direction. It has long been my feeling that the Sulans should serve their own benefit, and not merely that of the College. I have always found that the clarity of the King's Law has been sufficient to the protection of my rights, but I would have no objections to such a gesture of friendship by your Parliament.

Know that it is my greatest desire to see peace between my people and my brother, and that in this peace Sul should prosper. To that end I will happily provision the city's coffers with [3 WP] in good silver, that the citizens be relieved of their suffering. I am afraid, however, that I cannot in good-conscience deprive my subjects of the protection of arms. Tumult besets the kingdom, and the bothersome Rizny stir trouble as they are often wont to do; no, I am duty-bound to ensure Kesarnes its garrison. But I would be ashamed if I did not do my utmost to put this troublesome conflict to end. In the interest of reconciliation between magisterial and civil authority I shall dispatch a delegation to join you in company, bearing words to deliver to my brother. Keros is prone to overreaction, but it is my belief that he can be swayed to see reason. I will send fifty knights to join you, to carry my banner before them. My trusted companion and lieutenant, the Lord Kaltas dal Venner, will serve as my proxy in this matter; I believe the two of you were briefly acquainted some years ago during your service in the capital.

- Van dal Esier

Last edited:
The room is heavy with the smell of liquor, and papers rustle like the nerves of those present.

"What will they do, Kostyl, I mean, really, what can they do?"

A glass is slammed to a table as punctuation. Another man leans in and sighs. He rests his elbows on the leather sleeves of ledgers and transcripts which cover every surface in the room.

"And don't worry about those rats in the Run, we'll send a few men their way and what the hell can they say? They'll have to join in!"

The sighing man sinks further, knocking his head against the wood.

"Look, man. We want this. You want this."

The petitioner rests a hand on Kostyl's shoulder.

"And if not now, when?"

He selects a document from among the stacks and lays it in front of the slumped scribe. On it, several paragraphs of dense and neat script precede a number of signatures. The header is utilitarian: Articles of Incorporation of the Guild of Lettered Men

++++++++++

snippedy doo dah, snippedy ay

application changed. see further down thread

Last edited:
Spoiler Correspondence :

Dear cousin,

Lady Israth has the right of it. I found myself at leisure in Tesch, and desirous of greater challenge. The Glamman fight ferociously in single combat, but they lack the organization of studied men. Their crude charms enable them to endure a vast amount of pain in single combat that might incapacitate a stronger man, and they often fail to possess mortal fear. These are strengths which can be turned against them, however. I found the harquebus effective at breaking their charges, especially some techniques of the rifled barrel which make for longer kills on the mountain reaches. If they come to the close, the halberd circle is effective if you possess enough men, although I find it efficacious to modify with a few skilled swords in the center as necessary, if the formation is breached.

I find your offer quite generous, and I will tender it to the Judiciary. Equally so, the loan of your retinue and Iroen Kaltas. I was impressed by his favorable demeanor during our few meetings, and his skill with the lance is of repute even in Tesch, as I am sure you know. Please allow him to make the contents of your letter known to me before its presentation to Keros, thus I shall not be caught unawares in the negotiation with the magister.

Finally, I note with agreement your concern regarding the newest depredations of the Rizny. My hope is that, once we have quieted this current unrest, that we may join Sul’s forces with your own to bring about a more permanent solution to our troubles with Horizan. We shall discuss this at greater length in the coming year, I most sincerely hope. All my best to your family.

In gratitude and friendship,

Zathander Napharneschi

I wish to set a proposal before the members of this Parliament: That we establish an independent city lordship, Captain-Marshal, to command the military forces of the city. The role of the Captain-Marshal should be to command the parliamentary guard as well as the city militia, although the right of command for both the Captain-Marshal and the city’s forces should rest with an act of Parliament assembled or an official order from the Intendant or the Magistrate, so as to avoid a usurpation of the civil power. Furthermore, I propose that this office have a term of two years, so as to avoid a dispersion of any needed levies with a change of command during overwintering. Finally, I wish to state that I shall not seek this position of my own volition, as it is my hope to lead this house in laws, not in arms.

Spoiler Correspondence :

Dear cousin,

Lady Israth has the right of it. I found myself at leisure in Tesch, and desirous of greater challenge. The Glamman fight ferociously in single combat, but they lack the organization of studied men. Their crude charms enable them to endure a vast amount of pain in single combat that might incapacitate a stronger man, and they often fail to possess mortal fear. These are strengths which can be turned against them, however. I found the harquebus effective at breaking their charges, especially some techniques of the rifled barrel which make for longer kills on the mountain reaches. If they come to the close, the halberd circle is effective if you possess enough men, although I find it efficacious to modify with a few skilled swords in the center as necessary, if the formation is breached.

I find your offer quite generous, and I will tender it to the Judiciary. Equally so, the loan of your retinue and Iroen Kaltas. I was impressed by his favorable demeanor during our few meetings, and his skill with the lance is of repute even in Tesch, as I am sure you know. Please allow him to make the contents of your letter known to me before its presentation to Keros, thus I shall not be caught unawares in the negotiation with the magister.

Finally, I note with agreement your concern regarding the newest depredations of the Rizny. My hope is that, once we have quieted this current unrest, that we may join Sul’s forces with your own to bring about a more permanent solution to our troubles with Horizan. We shall discuss this at greater length in the coming year, I most sincerely hope. All my best to your family.

In gratitude and friendship,

Zathander Napharneschi

I wish to set a proposal before the members of this Parliament: That we establish an independent city lordship, Captain-Marshal, to command the military forces of the city. The role of the Captain-Marshal should be to command the parliamentary guard as well as the city militia, although the right of command for both the Captain-Marshal and the city’s forces should rest with an act of Parliament assembled or an official order from the Intendant or the Magistrate, so as to avoid a usurpation of the civil power. Furthermore, I propose that this office have a term of two years, so as to avoid a dispersion of any needed levies with a change of command during overwintering. Finally, I wish to state that I shall not seek this position of my own volition, as it is my hope to lead this house in laws, not in arms.

It is good to see one with blood as blue as yours finally caring for the good of the city. I am prepared to throw the full support of the common folk of this city behind this proposal.

The Honorable Kostyl Lipets, of Lipets & Pont
5 Esteem, 3 Piety, 3 Popularity

Possessions and Followers:

Urban Estate, Personal (1 Opulence, 1 Security) [spending 5 of the starting sum here]
Some number of hardy northmen, waiting on the payroll

(3) Banking Houses
(2) Storehouses (cloth and fabrics)

Wealth and Income:
Treasury: 5
Projected Income: (5 Sp/5 Su/5 Au/3 Wi)

The fields and forests of the north are a magical place: clean, wet, and fresh with the growth and rot of the seasons. Kostyl Lipets and Pepp Pont came to Sul with little more than the wool cloth on their backs, but they brought a great deal of it indeed. Pont proved adept at hawking wares on the river wharves, but it was Lipets who learned how to reinvest the money. Within a few years, an understated sign over a nondescript Naraco door led to densely packed rooms of tables and ledgers, strongboxes of gold, and a bed upstairs on which lay a dying Pont. Stricken by a plague, he left a legacy on the Naraco merchants beyond that of a cloth magnate: a rare voice of neutral arbitration, if so hired, in conflicts between the great river-traders. A deeply charismatic man, his death left Lipets both without connection to his homeland and with a singular void to fill.

Perhaps this is why, years on, both names still hang on the door in Naraco. Of course, the building is now Kostyl's (despite what the streetside signs may say), and the deep coffers and reasonable solutions offered by Lipets & Pont are a common sight in the myriad transactions and trades done along the waterfront. And so, as the rest of the merchant establishment leaned their cash behind the climbing gradi, so too did the vaults of Lipets open...

A few words on the man himself: Kostyl Lipets tends to keep his own company, if any, although there are rumors that he has contacts with the handful of northern woodsmen who have come to Sul. Other rumors hold that they often find employ with him, as the sort of muscle that L&P claims not to exercise. Whatever the case, he has been known to act as a representative of this community. This, however, falls secondary to his primary interest: commerce. Lipets is a deeply logical man, indeed, if he did not so easily take to the casual graft of big business, he could even be called principled. He has long advocated for some sort of formalization and de-escalation of dispute management for the economic sphere, and, at times (especially before immigrant audiences), the criminal justice sphere.

The steward has briefed me as to the conditions of the remaining holdings of my father's and brothers' house in Sul. The batiment of Semmerul itself, but also the deeds to a Gunsmithy, Clothier and Dyery. Further proofs of ownership, it seems, were looted or pawned off, taken as booty by those who looted the house of my family. They squat in my properties yet.

I am inclined to tread lightly. It has been years since I set foot in this town, and its atmosphere is much changed. If I overreach, the mob will end me as it ended my brothers.

I have met, recently, with a Napharneschi, Zathander. I had some passing familiarity with him, though he is several winters my senior and likely has little memory of myself as a youth. He seems a reasonable man and peer, in the rat's den that is this city of Sul, and a potential ally. His statements to the parliament in the city have my approval and agreement and as such I have offered my support to him in his pursuit of the magistracy.

Enterprises:
Gunsmithy
2 Fields (currently squatted)

25 Wealth
Dyeworks (14 Wealth)
[What is the cost of further fields?]

OOC: You can get extra fields for 6 WP in character creation.

The Manor Napharneschi

A relatively new purchase of less than two hundred years, as the family gradually became re-engaged in Sulan affairs. The main building is in a pleasant Emissarial Revival style, with a large, if somewhat untamed, grounds area. A strong, well-patrolled wall surrounds the family home. Unlike the many noble homes of Tespyr and the Lakanian Hill, the Napharneschi chose a site that lay close to the University which they patronized extensively. Windows on the upper floors afford excellent views of the towers of the Collegial Palace, the University, and the great bulk of the Taeghine Archives in the distance. It is also, importantly, in a less densely settled area to allow for ample notice of potential approaching enemies.

The Silani Tor was previously the notable landmark of the estate, but it was demolished on the orders of Magister Keros following the Napharneschi family's failed attempt to support a rival candidate for magister. (The antagonism from this act likely stimulated the patriarch, Lord Alezhis Napharneschi, to encourage his son's involvement in the plot to overthrow Keros.) However, despite the demolishing of the Silani Tor, the foundations remained, and the rubble has recently been cleared away. Some locals speculate the family will soon make an attempt to rebuild the tor on the ruins.

Spoiler Location :

Last edited:
Friends, a government must govern!

[commotion and calls for order]

While we discuss the intricacies of military command and of foreign relations, we ignore the ire boiling in the Run and the flagrant violations of order that stem from the common criminals who roam our streets! We may be embarking on a new project, we may not yet stand over all the strongholds in the heights and on the River, but this body seems to ignore the necessity of law and its rule, and of the import of justice, at our mortal peril!

[again commotion]

What we need, friends, are laws! We can have no rule of law unless we have the courts and arbitration to adjudicate the right and the wrong, to punish the wrongdoer and uplift the innocent and meek.

To this end, I propose myself as Intendant.

You know me to be a reserved man, a man of my community, but above all, a man of principle and of justice! I seek this office not for personal gain, though we lack trade laws. I seek this office not to protect those come from my homeland, though they suffer terribly at the hands of the gangsters rampant in the Run. I seek this office to bring Sul unto its own, to let her coffers grow full and her people grow happy, and to ensure that this Parliament and all it governs are protected by courts and law!

I wish nothing more than to establish a viable court system. This accomplished, I would gladly step down, should the people desire it. I do not like to be a public man, but if I can act in this (when no others will), it is my duty to this city to do just that.

I am favorably disposed to this proposal of Judge Lipets for civil courts, (his association with base lucre notwithstanding) but I will leave it to Judge Abndrakun to make known his wishes for this city's Intendancy. These courts must serve the common man and not simply trammel them in laws they do not understand. As such, I leave the common courts to the commoners and recuse myself from further comment at this time.

Furthermore, we must hear Judge Lipets' thoughts on a city lordship for our military, and the disposition of his party's votes for the lordships.

I thank the Honorable Lord Judge Napharneschi for his remarks. While I believe that my civic duty lies within the city walls, there exists a world without.

I hold that I myself would be best suited for the Intendancy, of the candidates thus far presented, but I believe the other proposals we have heard -- for men to organize and lead our militia, and to represent Sul in this broader time of chaos -- are well founded.

Thus, I allocate my votes as follows:

4 for myself, Kostyl Lipets, for Intendant
for the Honorable Lord Judge Napharneschi

I reiterate my previous statement, that I seek this office only for the establishment of municipal courts for the betterment of the people of Sul. Once this task has been accomplished, should this body and the people outside it desire, I will gladly step down from the post. I do not relish the spotlight.

I believe that the Honorable Lord Judge Napharneschi's proposal for a city military leader is well founded. Truly, the strength of this body is that it is not a council of warlords and men with bloodied blades. But the rest of the world continues beyond this hall and beyond our walls. We cannot survive in our uniqueness if we do not build our strength, and I believe a dedicated military commander would be key to accomplishing this task. I give this proposal my full support.

Spoiler Correspondence :
A Letter, from Judge Zathander Napharneschi to Emissary Yetho

The below should be sent with as much secrecy as can be obtained.

Your Eminence,

Greetings to you in your righteous struggle.

My lord father's approval of your actions against the Ilkhari and their puppetmasters should be known to you. My hope is that, once we resolve our present difficulty with our magister, Sul might act to serve the true king, Hazzen VIII. I regret to say that some of the lower classes may not act purely out of loyalty, but if a sufficient inducement is provided, I believe we may raise some thousands from Sul to support the cause of Tesch against false and vile rebels.

You may now be expecting me to request some bribe or favor, but that is not my family's way. I will merely state that Horizan has openly defied both King Hazzen, and you personally, by declaring their loyalty to the usurper at Mitteram. If a royal proclamation were to arrive, revoking the generously granted independence of Horizan and granting authority over it to the Parliament of Sul in the king's name (as befitting our historical claims to free traffic of and harborage upon the Ezeth now impeded by rebels) I believe many volunteers would spring forth to eliminate this pernicious thorn of their own accord, volunteers who may join the armies of Tesch in later battles against the usurper.

I await, your eminence, your guidance and counsel on these matters of state.

-Lord Judge Zathander Napharneschi

(Were these things chronological? Regardless ---)

The Sunless speaks

And so Zathander waved the possibility of the burning of my brothers, were they to be sent to the beast Keros. What is this of a matter in regards to his trial? It is everything and nothing - should he choose such an act, we will know of his guilt even before being brought to court. Should he not, he will come for his own justice. It is as if Zathander believes my brothers too weak to endure death. Is he afraid himself? Do his eyes gleam in terror against the darkness? See, the brothers are not afraid. We were all born from the night - and my brothers will remain strong in life and death. They know the risks. This ephemereal burning, if it is or isn't - this blazing throw of the die - it is everything and nothing. It is everything to see the nature of Keros. It is nothing of consequence to those with strong souls. But I know that Zathander has the strength, somewhere, to do the right thing. He is human like the rest of us - he was born with compassion, strength, and most importantly - wisdom.

And for that I reach out my hand to those that want its help. I am but a man in rags. Promise the people that Keros is brought to court - let the Order send two of its brothers to offer him the trial of peace, and you shall have the voice of the Orebhas with you. And we shall bathe in the clear water of spring.

-

(Ie if you agree to send the two brothers to Keros and let the Brotherhood of Orebhas try him, you'll get my votes.)

OOC: That was some damn good oratory.

IC:

I will remind the good brother Karpyr of the differences between caution and cowardice. However, your words ring true with the purity of a man of faith.

I will propose a compromise. We shall invite two brothers of Orebhas into our delegation. When the magister is escorted back to our city, they may question him, and present the magister's responses to our Judiciary. However, the final judgment of the magister's atonement must be decided by a vote of this Judiciary, not an order of our college alone. Equally so, if guilt is found, this Judiciary must be responsible for any punishment. You, Judge Karpyr, speak for the faith in this matter. That voice should be weighed in balance with the other powers of the city.

Last edited:
The Sunless speaks

We are humbled by the wisdom of Zathander. He listens to the words of the divine, as we do. Soon, we shall oversee his fate, together.

Karpyr votes for Zathander

I, Iroen Arvind Irvanat dal Tellem, exercise my vote to support Zathander Napharneschi as Magister of Sul.

Some men live to serve, and some live to rule. Very few find a way to strike the balance that will lead the City to prosperity. I'm not sure that any of us are able to, but, maybe, Zathander Napharneschi, will succeed where lesser men might not.

I thank my good brother Judges for their esteemed votes. I vow to pursue the magistracy with honor for the increase of Sul's glory.

Having considered the merits of his proposal for municipal organization, I lend my support to Kostyl Lipets to manage Sul from within while I work to strengthen it from without. In spite of his foreign upbringing and mercantile associations, he has assured me his vast fortunes shall be put to good use for the common people.

Last edited:
The results of the election are in! Zathander Napharneschi sought the magistracy, and was so elevated in the first round of voting by the resounding acclamation of parliament. Most seem optimistic with regards to the Magistrate's proposal for peace with Cherid Mount, though a few continue to grumble that any negotiation will only serve to strengthen Keros's hand.

The semi-reclusive banker and mercer Kostyl Lipets was elevated to the office of the intendancy shortly thereafter with little opposition, but restrained and tepid support. Some already begin to wonder aloud if a man so entangled in the uncouth matters of business can be relied upon to administer the laws of Sul without partiality.

---

A Letter to Zathander Napharneschi from Kaltas dal Venner

Iroen Napharneschi,

Allow me to offer my regards to Sul's new Magistrate; the city will need firm leadership in the months to come.

On behalf of the Lord dal Esier I am to simply remind the Magister Keros of the grace of brotherly amity, and of the oath he swore to protect the Sulans. As requested, my delivery will be made in the presence of your delegation. It is my Lord's belief that the sight of his retainers in your company will convey the bulk of his intended message.

My party can be ready to ride in short order on notice of departure. I anticipate our reacquaintance on the road.

- Iroen Kaltas dal Venner, Lord of Inecer

---

A Letter to Zathander Napharneschi from Jeran Ischos

Lord Judge,

His Eminence is pleased by the loyalty of the Sulans to their rightful monarch. The Emissariat is aware of the treachery of the Stratti of Horizan, and they will be reminded of the penalty for their defiance in due time.

Put your city to order that all doubt is assuaged, and await the command of your King.

- Magister Jeran Ischos, Emissarial Chamberlain

---

Orders are due by 5 PM EST on February the 21st. I have additionally added a short segment regarding the College to the fourth post of the thread that you may wish to read.

Last edited:
The night cast the streets in a blue hue. After many days of rain, the clouds had scattered and left the moon bright above the beggars of the streets. A woman clutched the battered fur of some northern creature, and a man's feet hurried by her, the only parts truly excempt from his robes. Both robes and feet dragged around the corner, making it to Orebhas' Shelter. The line of sleepers in front shook from the night's cold, waiting for the morning soup. The robed man scurried past them, greeted his brothers at the entrance, and made it inside.

Soon, he was at the office of the Sunless One. He almost knocked as a gruff voice sounded inside, "Please come in."

The office was simple, a wardrobe by the end, bedding at the right side, a pillow on the middle next to a water pipe. Karpyr blew a line of smoke, the white cloud blurring his scars as some distant devilish face. Karpyr stretched his arm towards the robed man, palms open towards the heavens, "Welcome, brother Sargun."
"Thank you for having me, master."
"Please, call me brother. I am no more serene than you."
"Brother," Sargun said awkwardly. After a few seconds, he remembered why he was there. "I have news from the court..." He reached inside his robe for the letter.
"And?"
"Napharneschi won. Lipets, the bankier, came in second."
Karpyr inhaled deeply, looking thoughtful.
"Fair. We moved behind the packmaster, and so we shall have brothers in the courts. Justice will fall. That money draws forth such an intendent is the will of gold more than people, I imagine."
"Yes, master. Should we demonstrate against Lipets? I have preachers ready to -"
"No, Sargun. Also, call me brother."
"Brother."
"No demonstration against the bankier. Gold follows the wise, not necessarily the dangerous. His climb was from a traveler to a mediator, and for that he is now silvered, even if his hair isn't. But - that is not the source of disturbance. If he is ever ripped of his treasure, he'll climb on the backs of the enslaved and the perverted. We should fear his voice more than his juggling coins."
"So no demonstration against him?"
"No, Sargun, no demonstration. He is strong with the books, and we need a mind of numbers to run the city. They grow gold and eat it. Rather, as you know, we have two brothers in the justice towards the beast Keros."
"So a demonstration towards Keros, master - brother?"
"A few sermons to liberate the true souls of the city. Soup for those he rid of bread. One of our brothers at every corner. Yes, a few words to prepare the city for the coming judgment. And we have two brothers in the delegation to bring him to court. I believe you have the lightness of the soul necessary for the ordeal."
"M- me, really? But I've only been -"
"Yes, you've only been with us for three weeks. I know your voice. I gave you soup when you first came to our brotherhood. I always forget a face, but never the trembling words of those robbed and maimed."
"Ma - brother, it is an honor."
"Yes, but I cannot bestow the honor upon you. You must take that yourself. And I see the wildfire in you. You have the compassion for justice, as you were burned without it yourself. You felt the hands of the beast around your throat. But you will never be strangled again. You will make sure of it. I trust you."
Sargun paused for a while. "Thank you, Sunless One."
"Don't thank me. Take your heart's sword and lead yourself out of the city. Give me a reason to thank you."
"I won't fail you, brother."
Sargun turned, as Karpyr interrupted the steps.
"Wait. We need the sermons. But as surprising as it is, I cannot write them." He smiled fatherly to Sargun, blowing a ring of smoke. Then he said, silklike, "Take these words to the preachers..."

The midday is warm in the bustling city. A woman clutches the battered fur of some northern creature, limping over the bland stones between stalls. It was a rough morning, soup running out when she was the third in line. She smacked her lips, resigned at the thought of bulging flesh on tables, surrounded by the dal Esier. She turned the corner, facing a crowd of people. One of the brothers - he was there, on top of a crate, surrounded by smoke and fires. He sung out in a calm, dark voice:

Leash the beast.
We tended to the wounded and terrified.
We fed them as he held back our hands.
Leash the beast.
We surrounded the cold with love and furs.
But he took it as dresses to his whores.
Leash the beast... Leash the beast.
We dragged the innocent out of the dungeons,
those dragged in by them impeccable demons,
gloried in the mirrors of themselves.
And we gave the innocent homes in the sun.
Leash the beast.
For those that know evil, you all know the beast.
You know justice, born into you by the meekest of mothers.
And you were brought forth as men without arms.
Yet you can carry a kingdom on your backs.
You can tie the ropes they use to hang you.
But we say now - leash the beast.
Leash the wolf that ate from our cribs.
They say they have eyes, but are blinded by darkness.
Leash the beast. Leash. The. Beast. Leash. The. Beast.
Leash. The. Beast. Leash. The. Beast.

And she looked at the robed figure in terror as parts of the crowd joined the chorus. They were verses of wrath amidst fire and smoke.

Top Bottom