1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sumeria Ziggurat Bug - can't build on floodplains

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Juntacazon, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Juntacazon

Juntacazon Chieftain

I have the pantheon where you get 1 hammer for marshes, oasis, and flood plains, that might be causing it

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Can you post a save file?

3. CrazyCanuck87

CrazyCanuck87 Chieftain

I have this problem as well. Do we know that this is a bug, or as designed? I also noticed that I couldn't build a Commercial district on Floodplains.

4. Exodite

Exodite Chieftain

Unless anyone has been able to build Ziggurats on floodplains before I'm fairly sure it's by design.

You can't build districts and wonders on floodplains (except for the ones that specifically state that you can) and the only improvement I've consistently been able to place on floodplains is farms.

Notice how Egypt/Cleopatra has a specific ability that allows that civilization to build districts/wonders on floodplains? And how the Sphinx description specifically mentions being able to build it on floodplains.

The restrictions regarding floodplains are not telegraphed particularly well, like most other mechanics in the game currently, but this seems likely to be by design.