1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer 2017 Patch Problems

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by Ronnoc83, Jul 27, 2017.

1. BeneScot

BeneScot Chieftain

I Can't build a campus district anywhere. Open grassland, bought the tile and just won't accept it clicking like mad and nothing happens. Tried restarting, disabling mods and restarting again, tried different cities ( i have 3 at this point) it just doesn't register. I get the placement screen and the pluses to science show up but nothing, nada, zip. I also noticed my scouts and slingers are being 1 shotted by Barb warriors. Lost 6 units, in 2 different civ starts, by being wiped in 1 go. I can handle losing the units although it makes it tough but can't play the game without campuses.

*Edit I had just disabled the mods. Apparently you need to delete the folders too and unsubscribe if you are using steam mods. Game seems fine now.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  2. Tlplw717

Tlplw717 Chieftain

Is this for people who can't load at all or for when games get broken from the patch?

3. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

There is never any assurance that a pre-patch game won't be broken by a patch. The safest thing to have done, if you were playing a pre-patch game that you really wanted to make sure you finished, was to have put Steam in off-line mode and prevented it from updating the game files until you finished that game.

If you were playing a modded pre-patch game, you might have some hope of resuming the game after those mods are updated by the mod authors, but there's still no assurance the game will load or play without crashing.

4. jimkirk

jimkirk Prince

my game is broken too choosing new governemnt doesnt work and a few other things

5. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

Yes all mods must be unsubscribed to in the Steam Workshop, just deleting them or disabling them doesn't work

CS

Https://discord.me/cpl

6. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

This problem appears to be a specific issue with the CQUI mod that everyone who is using it is having. Disable/Uninstall/Unsubscribe the mod and it should work. I'm sure it'll be fixed by the Mod owner sooner or later.

7. Canadian Bluebeer

Canadian Bluebeer Prince

Um, just disabling them all worked for me. I didn't have to unsub.

8. BuzWeaverCiv

BuzWeaverCiv Warlord

I've unsubed from each MOD and when I discover a new city, city state or natural wonder my screen locks up on the max view of the map and doesn't progress.

Edit: Actually, I just disabled MODs not Unsub. Also, after performing a file validation the issue of the lockup seems to have gone away.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  9. ravennaux

ravennaux Chieftain

I found that you must unsubscribe all mods from workshop then one at a time add them back..tedious...Stopped at "Civ of Fire and Ice" and played a game,lol..will get back to it later.

10. Duckfromstatefarm

Duckfromstatefarm Warlord

The only problem I'm having at the moment for Civ 6 is sometimes when I do exit the game either from main menu or just out to desktop from a game it crashes on me forcing me to log off and re-login that's the only technical problem that I'm having and its been going on more than just the summer 2017 patch.

11. Luart

Luart Chieftain

My game even without mods...is modded - with my old mods, even If I did not changed anything in core game.
    Not all of them, but some...what is cool, but it also breaks my games after start...or after ~~50 rounds.

Can´t do anything, can´t play my favourite game since the last patch. :(

12. Socra

Socra Chieftain

Anyone notice any improvement in turn loading times? The barbarian ai problem from spring patch seems to still exist

13. assuredgrp

assuredgrp Chieftain

Same problem for me until I narrowed it down to the "Production Queue Mod". Disabled it and found that to be the fix.

14. assuredgrp

assuredgrp Chieftain

Much better time between turns, but for me, the trade screen is all messed up. Can't scroll it to see what is being traded - therefore I just can't trade!

15. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Are you playing with any mods?

16. assuredgrp

assuredgrp Chieftain

I disabled all mods as a test and same problem. See "screenhunter_02" attached where I offered Cocoa and Sale for Furs, yet nothing shows up in the "offer" boxes. When I add gold and GPT on his side (whenever three items are selected on either side), finally items appear, but you only see 2 items and cannot scroll (see Screenhunter_03).

Attached Files:

17. RFormica

RFormica Imperator Silvae

Instead of the main menu, it shows this: (File attached)
    The background still moves.

I submitted a ticket to 2K support.
    I reinstalled Civilization VI
    I deleted all of my mods.

Attached Files:

18. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

I have never had a crash with Civ6, going right back to the first release.

The "trick" I found with Ynamp and some of its add-ons is to manually
    delete files in the .../My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI folder.
    First, delete all .txt and .json files in that folder.
    Then delete:
    .sqlite files in the Cache sub-directory.
    .log and .csv files in the Logs sub-directory.
    All save files in the Saves, Saves/Single, Saves/Single/auto ,
    Saves/Single/auto/prev, and Saves/Single/quick sub-directories.

Delete all the mod folders, and re-install upgraded mods.

Optional: Pray that the mods you use really are compatible with the latest patch.

The same trick might work with your favourite mods and the new patch.
    Good Luck!

19. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

See my second post in this topic.

20. Stallogarro

Stallogarro Chieftain

I have had a problem with tech popups since the update. Every time a tech spawns a new era, I don't get a popup screen for the tech.